Hardware N3DS XL 10.5: downgrade not possible

pizzatime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I've a N3DS XL with 10.5 firmware (EUR Zelda majora's mask edition) and Toshiba(?) THGBMBG4 eMMC (2 GB)

IMG_20160229_225331.jpg

The hardmod installation is fine, as I already did an upgrade to 10.6 and then I restored the 10.5, but after a FIRM downgrade and a restore, the 3DS is always stuck on the blue screen.
I tried a FIRM downgrade both on 10.5 and 10.6 but the result is the same.
If i write the original firmware on the eMMC, the 3DS starts up correctly.

Can I patch the FIRM in another way instead using Raugo's autofirm? I think it's not useful for this model.
Thank you in advance for any reply.

pizzatime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've used an altpoint only for CLK, that's on the other side of the board, as seen here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-nand-backup-possible-i-hope.381506/
I assure you that the hardmod is fine and working, as the PC recognise the 2GB storage and allow me to use it (as I already said, after the hardmod I upgraded to 10.6 and then I've returned back on 10.5 simply flashing the 10.5 nand.bin backup... so it's not an hardmod problem).
Now I'll try to patch the FIRM on another PC, but I've already downgraded ~10 3DS/2DS/n3DS and this one is the only one that's giving me problems in downgrade.

I've also used the Reboot.ms' autofirm with no luck anyway... same as the raugo's.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
i don't think you have a problem with your hard mod since you said you already backuped and restored a 10.5 nand
maybe you don't have python installed correctly(2.7 is working 100%, 3.5 won't probably work ), or maybe running win64 ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just double check your wiring (make sure its not being shorted when you close the console up) and make sure your using the n3DS FIRM files not the o3DS

pizzatime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
double check your wiring... and make sure your using the n3DS FIRM files not the o3DS
maybe you don't have python installed correctly(2.7 is working 100%, 3.5 won't probably work ), or maybe running win64 ?
did you use the n3ds firm files of your region when using autofirm?
Double-checking everything, thank you for suggestions so far. I'll reply if this solve the problem.

pizzatime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried with windows 8.1 and it never worked. Swapped to another PC with Windows 7 and everything just went fine. Meh...
I didn't checked what python version was installed on the windows 7 PC but definitely... the programs used make difference.
As a linux-only user, I can only say that windows is really nonsense.

Thank you all.

Last edited by pizzatime,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, wire is definitely more practical IMO. Hell these days you can charge a laptop over... +1