Hacking N3DS - GW 10.3 emuNAND - Can't Update to 10.4

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue on GW 3.7.1. I have a 9.0 sysNAND unlinked to an emuNAND I was able to successfully update to 10.3 with GW 3.7.0. Now that 10.4 is out, whenever I try to update via System Settings in GW mode, I'm getting "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted." message.

The only "odd" thing about my emuNAND is that I had an older NVFirm installed to launch GBA games, but I would think that was over-written when I updated to 10.3.

I verified I'm connected to a wifi that's not blocking Ninty update servers, and my N3DS has plenty of charge - Also plugged in a charger with the same result. Is anyone else seeing this behavior with the latest GW launcher?

Edit - Found my issue. Using a Meraki AP with multiple SSID's set up, for some reason connecting to one without an ACL to not block the Ninty Update servers I still couldn't connect to them. Setting up a hotspot on my phone and connecting to it instead allowed me to download the update for 10.4. Stupid technology not working as intended!!

Last edited by Maximilious,

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only "odd" thing about my emuNAND is that I had an older NVFirm installed to launch GBA games, but I would think that was over-written when I updated to 10.3.

Good to hear you solved your problem! I am curious though, if you're using Gateway, did that GBA launching technique you mentioned actually work in Gateway emunand?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear you solved your problem! I am curious though, if you're using Gateway, did that GBA launching technique you mentioned actually work in Gateway emunand?

It's been so long I honestly can't remember. That NVFirm might actually be in my sysNAND and not emuNAND, I can't really recall. I have a DSTwo Plus now so I use that for my GBA needs. I think this was the thread that I followed to do all of that on the 3DS though:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1