Hardware N2DSXL, expect hardware revision.

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used to it by now with who our president is. Now knowing the screen sizes are the same as N3DS XL, I'm going to get these. Two of them, expecting Sinnoh remakes, thus two of these act as the flagship consoles to play them.
I read president and all I thought about was the trump orange memes and now I'm sad we won't have the orange and white 3DS to represent our orange man president

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
In the UK were at the point where i can get a pre-owned NEW 3DS XL this summer OR This new 2ds Xl For exactly the Same price

Decisions Decisions

This Was unexpected and it looks sexy. So ill hold off untill its released and ive seen reviews of it

Reactions: CatmanFan
D

Deleted User

So it has New3DS guts but without the 3D capabilities and it can fold itself.

Who asked for this?
People that can't stand 3D, People that have eye pain from having 3D, People that didn't want 3D in first place but got charged for it.....

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nit picking, but the site says 82% larger screens, when really the 2ds only had one physical screen that probably if I had to guess is actually bigger than that of either of the XL screens :P

Reactions: pixelmasher

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how people say "a product we don't need" The US said we don't need video games. Where are we now? They also said the 2DS was a useless product, yet it increased sales.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, it can be possible that they didnt fix it. This was fast, and the bootrom wasn't even dumped.

Last edited by HugaTheFox,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what I was expecting when I googled "New 2DS XL". There's no images and it's not on Nintendo's website yet.

EDIT: This looks much sleeker than anything in the main 3DS design, so what got left out? I didn't see a wireless switch in the video. No wifi, perhaps?
There was no wifi switch in the 2DS or N3DS, yet those had it. The toggle was in the top-left menu in the homemenu on those and I assume it'll be the same for this.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sucks to suck I guess :/

EDIT: Since the Switch isn't region locked, wouldn't it make sense to make the N2DSXL not region locked? (yeah, I know that cartridges are region locked but....)
3DS carts aren't really region locked. It's the home menu that just prevents you from loading out of region content.

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have several questions but the most important one is just "why?"
The 2DS was successful at bringing a lot of new users to the DS platform with it's lower price point, so why not expand on that and make the 2DS even better? It's also great for people who have been wanting to upgrade to the N3DS but have been waiting for a price drop and don't care about 3D.

I also find it funny that when the 2DS came out people were wondering when the 2DSXL would come, and now that it's here they don't understand why.

Last edited by upfromtheskies,
Reactions: FateForWindows

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.