Hacking n00b @lert!! which solution for a 9yr old?

binkles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, my 9yr old daughter got a DS for her birthday, what im looking for is an easy to use system to play her games from backups.
Also, how would i back them up? She has lost one already and we have only had it a week!!!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get her a flashcard and put her nds games away. All you need to do is download them of the internet and put them on a flash card. There no need to make backups of her games. You can download nds game very quick. look at the gbatemp reviews and see what flash cards will suite you the best.

miikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you might want to consider getting a side loading solution (like the ez5) or even one with internal memory (g6real looks pretty good). you would'nt want to loose that microsd card now would you?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
i wish my parents would get me a DS if i were 9
sleep.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you might want to consider getting a side loading solution (like the ez5) or even one with internal memory (g6real looks pretty good). you would'nt want to loose that microsd card now would you?
i'm assuming he needs a quick sloution.
patching might be ok for some, but it can be a real bitch. so i personally dont recomend a gba type sloution (slot 2).
if you really want to make a good decision, listen to what thegame07 said.

the g6ds real looks simple to use.

miikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

i'm assuming he needs a quick sloution.
patching might be ok for some, but it can be a real bitch. so i personally dont recomend a gba type sloution (slot 2).
if you really want to make a good decision, listen to what thegame07 said.

the g6ds real looks simple to use.
I never said anything about using slot 2 solutions nor anything that requires patching. It's ez5 not the ez4. Anyways forgot to mention the dsx
tongue.gif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Best solution would probably be something MicroSD based (as most kids would have experience of using them with mobile phones) and that is drag & drop rather than needing patching/client software.

binkles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Guys, i forgot to mention i would be doing all the rom transfers from PC to sdcard or whatever, she would just need to swap sdcards and play.

Oh, and im an experianced pirate, just never had a gaming device before, other than PC.

So, the R4 is looking to be the cheapest and best, am i right?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thanks Guys, i forgot to mention i would be doing all the rom transfers from PC to sdcard or whatever, she would just need to swap sd cards and play.

So, the R4 is looking to be the cheapest and best, am i right?
The R4 is the best value for money, and pretty much the best card around at the moment.

NDS games are up to 128MB in size (64MB mostly), so that a 1GB microSD could hold all the games she would be playing at a time (no need to swap microSD cards).

The best thing is, you can easily backup her saves (just copy the .sav files to the PC), so that even if she loses her flashcard, she would keep her saves.

Here's to raising the next generation of gamers
grog.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks Guys, i forgot to mention i would be doing all the rom transfers from PC to sdcard or whatever, she would just need to swap sd cards and play.

So, the R4 is looking to be the cheapest and best, am i right?The R4 is the best value for money, and pretty much the best card around at the moment.

NDS games are up to 128MB in size (64MB mostly), so that a 1GB microSD could hold all the games she would be playing at a time (no need to swap microSD cards).

The best thing is, you can easily backup her saves (just copy the .sav files to the PC), so that even if she loses her flashcard, she would keep her saves.

Here's to raising the next generation of gamers
grog.gif

I fully agree with this post.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
But the SC-ONE has the greatest homebrew capabilities. Eh, I dont think a 9 year old cares about hombrew anyways.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, R4 it is then.

Thanks for all your help.
nds.gif

i gave a R4 to my little brothers girl friend's 5 year old son (my brother is 18 and dating a 24 year old with a kid.....), he lost the micro sd in a day so i had to get him a new flash cart, ( a N-card), you have to make sure the person you are giving it too knows that not to mess with the micro sd in the top of the card, what happened was he dropped the ds the micro sd card popped out and he did not notice it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...