Hacking 'MyHomebrewware' Member Page 'unlocked'.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks adr990 for PMing me the original post.

Since we can't link this:

For everyone else, here's an analysis of what I found on the scammer's "members" site. First, there are three options to click for "unlocking", a "4.2 The Latest Update", a "4.1 and Prior", and "3.4 and prior". Each links to a page with a link to a ZIP file, a video, and in 2 of 3 cases, a guide.

The 4.2 hacking option:
A video tutorial for using bannerbomb+hackmii installer is posted at the bottom of the page. No guide is present. The video clearly shows the scam messages on bannerbomb and hackmii installer. Although the page claims the files do not provide backup support, his ZIP contains loader software.

The ZIP contains: an outdated USB Loader GX rev688, NeoGamma R7, cIOS rev14 Installer, wads of NeoGamma & GX, HackMii Installer, Bannerbomb v2, Homebrew Browser, an IOS38 v3610 wad in the root, and the WiiNinja & Sorg mod of Wad Manager 1.5.

UPDATE: There is a little button below the main 4.2 option for 4.2 with backup support. He used the cboot2 method. The guide is poorly written here as usual, and no video is available. Video says coming November 5, 2009, but it's Xmas Eve and still not there.

There are several zip files offered as Wiihackstep2a/b/c. They contain various compilations of cboot2 and wad manager, used to delete the IOS249 stub. WiihackStep3a is the cIOS installer and cboot2 again.

The 4.1 and prior option:
The page itself is labeled "4.0+". A movie plus a guide are found. The guide was poorly written, and used long obsolete methods, including the IOS35 downgrader.

The ZIP includes cIOS_249.wad (rev6), HBC.wad, "gameplayer.wad", and IOS35.wad, as well as several DOLs in the root and bannerbomb.

The 3.4 and prior option:
Another poorly written guide, and another movie. This guide uses the IOS16 method.

The ZIP contains IOS16.wad, cIOS_249.wad (cIOS rev6), and a "Gameplayer.wad", along with Wad Manager, an unpacked IOS36, bannerbomb v1, and an unknown boot.dol

Below these options are the "bonuses":

* The "Wii DVD Unlocker" for playing movies was just a copy of Mplayer CE + the USB2 IOS202 in a zip file.
* "Wii Region Fry" was SYNDiCATE's ISO patcher.
* Wii Brick Blocker is just a copy of good ol' Brick Blocker. (What else did you expect here?)
* Wii DVD Dumper / Wii DVD Patcher is a copy an old Wi-fi game Dumper in WAD form, plus a copy of Wad Manager.
* The cheat guide at the top is something semi-original. It's title page & page headers refer to the package as "MyHomebreWii".
* The "Backup Wii Games Guide and Software" is a PDF detailing how to use Wii Dumper and Brick Blocker. It's poorly written, and some steps are inaccurate.

Hope it eases other people's curiosity about this scam package!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks I got it. hmmm I bet nintendo would love a copy of the link though. lol this site is hosting illegal files and illegally distributing them........ I'd say reporting it to them would be the quickest way to get this page off the web.

littlenoun

Trophies
XP
Country
Can also anyone PM me the link? I'd like to learn how. Thanks mates
yaywii.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PM'd.

@DeadlyFoez: Haven't been there in a while. They do indeed offer the files for free now, but it's not at all obvious where. Took me a good 10 minutes of looking around their site to find.

You need to go all the way to the bottom of the page. At the bottom there is a row of links (Support|Privacy|Articles, etc...). The last one, labeled "Links" takes you to a page where you can download a 69MB ZIP full of files. I'm still DLing, so I don't know what's in it yet.

EDIT: Finished the DL. Its the all the various zips and bonuses in the member's section packed into one zip...with no guide.

The package STILL CONTAINS blatant license and copyright violations. IOS wads, Bannerbomb, and HBC as a wad just to name a few. So no, it's still not legal.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People that fall for scam sites deserve to be scammed. They should have researched before trying anything and if they did, they would have figured out they didn't have to pay a dime.

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know the sad thing? Most people don't research the channel included in the screen shot of the Wii Menu. (Yes, there's a screen shot that shows "The Homebrew Channel".)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.