Hardware My Window 7 lags help!

qazqaz123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My computer will go fast as normal then it will start to lag randomly then go fast again. Can some help me because it could some take some time to go faster and it really annoying?

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When it starts to lag abnormally, right click the superbar and start the Task Manager. Click on Processes and look for the process that has the highest number in the 'CPU' column. Tell us what the process name is (something .exe) and its description (from the description column).

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I should've said to disregard that one. It represents how much your CPU is not being used.
When your computer starts to really lag (assuming it REALLY lags) there should be another process that's using at least 80% (that's not the system idle one). Check for this ONLY when it is lagging, otherwise the system idle one will (usually) always be the highest one.

If there isn't one, then please try to tell me when it randomly begins to lag, and when/how it stops.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Web browsers can cause heavy lag, even if your system isn't a pile of junk.

A problem I've found with Firefox is that it likes to memory leak really badly. So badly, it can require a computer restart. Chrome's resource hogging is very dependent. Every add on and tab has it's own process in the task manager, and those can add up really quickly if you're an add on fiend and then you open one too many tabs.

Otherwise, just look for odd processes in the task bar. There are some really resource heavy anti-viruses out there that you should look out for, as they can really bog down your system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...