Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it probably wont make a difference

first off, do u have bootmii as boot2 installed? To check, insert an SD card with the "bootmii" folder saved on it (which was made when bootmii was installed), then power on the wii, it should start up directly to bootmii (unless u edited the config file to skip the bootmii menu).

if u have bootmii as boot2 and a nand backup, enough of this, just restore the nand (u could probably do the same thing if u only have bootmii installed as IOS)

if u don't have a good nand backup, u can probably fix the problem using comex's nand formatter, but research it well . Improper usage of this program can brick u (if u don't have bootmii as boot2 + nand backup).

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
it probably wont make a difference

first off, do u have bootmii as boot2 installed? To check, insert an SD card with the "bootmii" folder saved on it (which was made when bootmii was installed), then power on the wii, it should start up directly to bootmii (unless u edited the config file to skip the bootmii menu).

if u have bootmii as boot2 and a nand backup, enough of this, just restore the nand (u could probably do the same thing if u only have bootmii installed as IOS)

if u don't have a good nand backup, u can probably fix the problem using comex's nand formatter, but research it well . Improper usage of this program can brick u (if u don't have bootmii as boot2 + nand backup).
According to DOP-Mii, I have Boot2, but there is no bootmii folder on my SD card.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. boot2 is not the same as bootmii at boot2. make sure you know which you have before you do something really stupid.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
re-run the hackmii installer... the same app u probably used to install the homebrew channel also installs bootmii and DVDx

Run it, install bootmii as IOS and as boot2 (if it lets you), then come back here and report back if u were able to install bootmii as boot2.

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
re-run the hackmii installer... the same app u probably used to install the homebrew channel also installs bootmii and DVDx

Run it, install bootmii as IOS and as boot2 (if it lets you), then come back here and report back if u were able to install bootmii as boot2.

Done! I installed it as boot 2. Should I install it as an IOS as well?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PsychoticDust said:
Done! I installed it as boot 2. Should I install it as an IOS as well?
Yeah install it as IOS too
And don't forget to prepare the SD card

Either way, it can do nothing to fix the problem atm, but there must be another way to fix it.
What exactly happens when going in the settings? Just a black screen?

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok everyone, I've reinstalled IOS60 v6174 and System Menu 4.1E and installed bootmii as an IOS as well as boot2.

When I select Wii settings, I just get a black screen and all of the sound stops.

Major edit: Lo and behold everything seems to be working again as it should! I've tried loading a few old and new backups to be on the safe side and I'll try menu themes to be extra sure.

Thank you so much everyone! I can't believe I used to just browse the forums without signing up for years! You guys rock!

Edit again!: Ok it crashes when I use custom menu themes.... I don't get that at all.

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gordinio said:
Waninkoko released a settings app a while back. Can you access your settings with it?
Link: http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/WiiConf_v1.0.zip

Thanks, but there doesn't seem to be anything Wii related when I go on that link...

Ok, I once again reinstalled everything and my Wii is working as it should, however now it freezes on the Wii settings screen (goes black and sound stops) whenever I install a custom menu. The menu looks right everywhere else and I know I'm doing it right, as I've installed lots of them before without any problems.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Edit: @ OP, READ ME

Now that u have bootmii as boot2, make a nand backup (I realize you are backing up a buggy nand, but I would back it up just in case you make the problem worse while trying to fix it)

After that, u can use comex's nand formatter to fix your problem (research it! But basically u need to download it, save a bunch of vital wads in the wad folder, then launch the program via the SD button on the bootmii menu and it will format your nand and install all the wads in the wad folder) and if it doesn't work properly, you can try again because u will still have bootmii as boot2... and if it doesn't work after multiple attempts, u can restore your nand using the backup u just made and u will be no worse off than u are now (its almost like performing a system restore on windows, and your nand dump is the restore point).

Phr3d13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since he's on 4.1 can't he use the recovery method described in the unbricking guide, or the maintenance mode?

Phr3d13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsychoticDust said:
Gordinio said:
Waninkoko released a settings app a while back. Can you access your settings with it?
Link: http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/WiiConf_v1.0.zip

Thanks, but there doesn't seem to be anything Wii related when I go on that link...

Ok, I once again reinstalled everything and my Wii is working as it should, however now it freezes on the Wii settings screen (goes black and sound stops) whenever I install a custom menu. The menu looks right everywhere else and I know I'm doing it right, as I've installed lots of them before without any problems.

Maybe it's the specific theme that's the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.