1. FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sorry bud, the smaller the cluster size the faster the access times and speed of the flash media. Here is a whole thread from Pocket PC mag which will help you get the most performace out of you flash media. They explain everything and then run cards through tests to get the best results. The faster access times will increase the cards ability to send the Castlevania intro to the DS ram thus making it run smoother.

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/FORUM/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17921

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement

2. XeNoGeaR

XeNoGeaR GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    so, i need to format my 1gb micro sd to 8 or 16 kb to get the most result..what clustersize are you using ?

good site by the way.. i always thought hdd clustersizes where exact the same deal for flash media but that appeared not to be true..

but i remember with my ez4 ... if i did smaller clusterfile..it would lagg more ingame then big clusterfile...dunnow how it works with scl though

3. FifthE1ement

United States
    That is quote from the article so it seems using the Windows formatter with FAT16 should prove the best results by default. With a 1GB card its 16kb but with 2GB I think Windows makes it 32kb. Either way during their rigorous testing Windows, with FAT16, always formatted for the best results. Windows also won't let you choose cluster size with the regular formatter so there is no way to mess it up. I hope this helps you bud! [​IMG] Try it out and let us know if you have an improvement.

FifthE1ement

4. XeNoGeaR

XeNoGeaR GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Okeej....when i arrive home i test it with 16 kb cluster.... last test :x...... im tired of coppying al games in and out hehehehe....

ill post it here soon if i have thje sound buig fixed from castlevania .. mebe its the software too..video is supersmooth....thatys a rellieve but im striving for perfect offcourse ;X

5. XeNoGeaR

XeNoGeaR GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Tested it...

Best result for me with 64kb clustersize....

6. jammi

jammi Newbie
    Newcomer

email the guy and he'll give you price for the MicroSD's

7. FifthE1ement

United States
    Yeah, email the SuperCardStore and they will get back to you ASAP! They are a great store to order from and they have great customer service!

http://www.SuperCardStore.com

FifthE1ement

8. Bali

Bali GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I have a question about the SC lite. Was your SC lite chinese / japanse ? I ask because i have a SC lite but the text is all chinese. Now i was wondering if i could flash it with the new english firmware software so that i could actually read what was happening on my screen. I don't want to take any chances bricking my sc lite just because i tried to update it with the wrong firmware. Did it matter on the other Supercards with which firmware you flashed it?

I really hope someone on the board could help me with my little dilemma.

9. compi

OP compi GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Mine was in English, but I'm pretty sure Supercard has no region locking or something like that, so you can flash your chinese SCL with english firmware

10. Cygoku

Cygoku Banned
    Banned

Canada
    I formated my MicroSD under WindowsXP, simply by right clicking on the device in My Computer then choosing format. As for file system, I choosed FAT.

So far no slowdown in CV and JSS intro and no sound glitched in SW:III (I had some between each level using my EZ4-Lite).

Cygoku

11. KingKapalone

KingKapalone Newbie
    Newcomer

I got my SCL and standard microSD like the one in the OP, but my Animal Crossing loading times are horrible. It takes me 20 seconds to exit a house. I didn't know about formatting the SD card, so I guess I'll try that. Also, when I first loaded a game on it the screen would go all white after the memory loading screen. Someone here had the problem and fixed it by turning off Fast play, so maybe it was just the NSMB game I was trying and I should turn it on for others. Anyone have any thoughts on that setting? I also got the same white screen when I tried to load CV also. Maybe it was just laggy because it was trying to load the intro movie, but I'm not sure.

My sound was also laggy in Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

12. meangreenie

meangreenie Banned
    Banned

Somethings not right there, are you using the correct software ?

13. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Did you upgrade to 1.63? 1.62(default) slows down.

14. KingKapalone

KingKapalone Newbie
    Newcomer

Yeah I went to www.supercard.cn and went to SC Lite software and downloaded the newest version which was 2.55c with 1.63 firmware. Maybe I didn't apply the firmware right though because I have no manual for this. I just un-rared the file and ran the setup for the software. Not sure if that installed firmware on the card though.

15. meangreenie

meangreenie Banned
    Banned

No put the upgrade.scu that comes with it (or it may come as a .bin file) onto the root of you're mem card. If it was a .scu file the firmware update will run automatically, if it's a bin just choose it in the supercard menu and run it.

16. KingKapalone

KingKapalone Newbie
    Newcomer

Ok well Castlevania will load now, but there is still lag when going between screens in Osu! and it still takes 20 seconds to go out a door in AC:WW. Should I repatch all the roms with fast play enabled? Is this usually not a problem for everyone? I also haven't done any formatting of the SD card. I just plugged into my SD reader and put the stuff on it. Thanks for the help so far.

17. meangreenie

meangreenie Banned
    Banned

Make sure you are using this software and upgrade file http://scdev.org/files/setupmicrosdV255Cen.rar

If the problem still persists try cleaning the contacts of the SC-Lite and the mem card and yes do try re-formatting, if you do it in windows make sure you change FAT32 (default) to FAT in the drop down list of the formatting window.

Otherwise something is up, as 20 seconds exiting a house in AC is not right.

18. KingKapalone

KingKapalone Newbie
    Newcomer

How do I set the cluster size when I format the card? I don't see that option in Windows.

edit: Well I just formatted the card and everything still lags the way it did before. Could the fact that I checked off fast play for all the roms have something to do with it? I saw a thread here saying that someone fixed a problem I was having by turning that feature off.

edit2: Also how do I view the Castlevania intro that is in the first post? I launched the game for the first time and it didn't play. I also started a new game, but it didn't play then either.

19. KeYbLaDeXaLcHeMi

KeYbLaDeXaLcHeMi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did anyone else ever get a test review sample?
    I e-mailed supercard for one and they said, they'd ship one out to me.

20. meangreenie

meangreenie Banned
    Banned

For the Castlevania video, just wait at the titlte screen or press 'B'.

And yes about you'r slow performance, I do think the problem is you checked off the 'faster gameplay' option.

Have 'restart' 'trim' and 'faster' all on for every rom, leave the others blank.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Supercard, review,