compi_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is my little review of the Supercard Lite
nds.gif

I placed my order on wednesday at www.supercardstore.com for a supercard Lite + 1GB Sandisk micro sd and he could ship the same day, but unfortunately I went out that night with some friends so I couldn't make the payment in time so I payed it on thursday and he shipped the same day. Usually shops that are located in Europe have insane high prices, but this one wasn't, I bought it for €90 including shipping! Since I'm not located in the UK, but in Belgium, it couldn't arrive on Friday, and neither in the weekend, so it arrived on Monday. Supercardstore's service is very good, they reply to your mails within minutes! If you live in Europe and you want a Supercard, then buy it form Supercardstore, they ROCK!

This morning I found 2 packages in my mailbox, one containing the Micro SD card and one with the Supercard Lite, they were sent seperately. The first thing I tested was how smooth the Micro SD card went in and out of the Supercard Lite and that was ok.
I heard several things about how hard it is to insert and especially remove the Supercard Lite from the Nintendo DS Lite and I can only confirm this. But since it is front loading, you don't really need to remove it, that's what I am thinking, so it doesn't really bothers me. I'm not new to the NDS scene, I've had an M3 CF and EZ-Flash 2 before this supercard, and I must say that I noticed some differences. Supercard is a very nice product, but there are a few things that bother me, first there is the VERY poor menu, that is really one of the things they should do somehting about fast, especially because M3 is coming with a brand new PDA menu. The second thing is the rather simple software provided, a save manager wouldn't hurt I think. But besides that it's a wonderful product!

I also tested slowdowns with the 1GB Sandisk vanilla micro sd card, and I have to say it is PERFECT. I recorded the castlevania movie playing and entering a house on AC:WW, both without slowdowns. I aslo tested Tony hawk with it's crossfading music, and even there there is no slowdown using a regular cheap Sandisk micro sd card!
Castlevania Intro

AC:WW enterering a house

Since I live in Europe I own a black DS Lite and I have to admit that the White supercard Lite is beautiful in combination with that black! At first I planned to give the SCL a paintjob, but I changed my mind. Compared to the M3 CF the SCL is really tiny!

Supercard Lite supports Micro SD at least up to 2GB because there is a 2GB micro SD displayd on the packaging.

The supercard Lite itself isn't glossy, but the picture of it on the packaging is
tongue.gif

As expected, all Nintendo DS roms I tested worked flawlessly. As you all know, Supercard isn't known for their great GBA support, so I wanted to know if there were less slowdowns with their new "High Speed" Micro sd flashcart, so I tested a few games that are known for having great lag with supercard. The games I tested were: Mario kart super circuit, Tony hawk american skateland and Mr Driller 2. The result was the same for all of them, as long as you are alone on the map (like no other racers in mario kart) then it will run just fine, but as soon as it gets crowded there wil be lag. So no improvement on the GBA side.

I also did some testing concerning DS homebrew. The first thing I tested was Moonshell, so I ran the Setup of Moonshell and selected the radiobutton for Supercard users and copied the Shell folder and the Boot_MP_SC.nds onto my micro SD card, and the result: BLUE SCREEN. I tried it a several time but every time the same result. Then I noticed there was a special Moonshell patcher for the Supercard Micro SD, so I patched the Boot_MP_SC.nds and still the same result, no work. I was getting kinda desperate until I saw Infinite paralysiser had a special Moonshell test version for the Supercard Micro that uses the new high speed memory of the card. So I regained my hope, I copied it to my Micro SD card and guess what, NO WORK. Eventually I used the Supercard Micro SD Moonshell patcher on the Moonshell supercard Micro sd test version AND IT FINALLY WORKED!!

After that I wanted to get DS Organize working, when I just copied it over to my Micro SD card, it refused to boot. But I had already read something about patching homebrew that needs access to the SD card with the Supercard Moonshell patcher, and that worked for me. Then I tried Beup which also refused to boot, but after patching it with the Supercard Moonshell patcher, it just worked fine for me, the same thing counts for NDSMail. Also Draw worked fine for me after patching it and alot of other Homebrew. In fact I don't know any homebrew that doesn't work with the supercard lite!
Here are some more pictures:

Maybe it looks like it's sticking out from the bottom side, but I can assure you that it DOESN'T stick out! And the build quality is very solid!

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The original dust cover when inserted into ds lite doesn't have that gap.

ndslite2.jpg

SC Lite has a bit of a gap.
15.jpg

Is this a error due to perspective then? Or...?

compi_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think that's due to perspective, because my black dustcover had about the same thing
wink.gif

Anyway even if it had that "gap", it's only on the bottom bit, you really can't see it when you look normally on it.

kaymm2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It looks like it is flush from the top but on the bottom it slants out slightly, sticking out a few mm. I can live with that! I wonder if you can shave a few mm off of it to make it flush.

compi_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I made some new pics of both the SCL and the original dustcover inside the ds lite, i will upload them soon.
/edit
My cardreader is refusing to work, so expect the pictures a bit later!

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome! thats all i wanted to know. thanks so much compi. i have ONE more question though. can u tell me if your sandisk card is a SDSDQ-1024-A10M or a SDSDQ-1024-E10M.

compi_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a SDSDQ-1024-E10M

QUOTE said:
You guys are complaining over 1mm...? WHY?! As long is it works that's okay with me. I may get enough money to buy one of these.
It isn't even 1mm, in fact you don't even notice it unless you are taking a magnifier or look at zoomed in pictures and it's only at the very bottom, the top is as fush as it can be.

tiredofpsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm cant find any mem cards on supercardstore, just the supercard lite for €53, the thing is im either getting the ez4l or this one they will cost me about the same....

compi_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just ask Chris from SupercardStore for a Micro SD card, he'll sell you one for 40€ shipped, so micro sd + supercard lite +shipping = 93€

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do your pics show it w/ the microSD in the cart? Sorry, some other pics I saw gave me the impression that the SD hung out a bit when inserted, it'd be nice to know that it doesn't. "Perfectly flush" isn't so much important to me as not having something that could hang up on something when my DS is slid into my pocket or a bag and potentialy cause damage and such or need to be removed to prevent such problems.

Can you imagine trying to find a microSD that's been knocked loose in the bottom of a backpack?

evilreddot

Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
Canada
If I don't have a slot to put the SD in my computer, is there another way to put games on to it? Also, could you put up pictures of the menu?

Edit: Also, can you use a passcard 3 with this?

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome! thats all i wanted to know. thanks so much compi. i have ONE more question though. can u tell me if your sandisk card is a SDSDQ-1024-A10M or a SDSDQ-1024-E10M.

according to this page, http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/popprods.htm?P...DQCJP-1024-E10M

# Read AVG Mb sec - 8.33
# Write AVG Mb sec - 4.833

if thats true that would make your card aprrox. what... like a 50x speed card?

ive looked through about 50+ webpages searching for the read and write speed of the
"SDSDQ-1024-A10M" 1gig sanddisk, but to no avail. all i know is that the E10M is more recent than the A10m. ive read that over time they may have just started to make their NON ultra 1gig sticks faster. but i can find no evidence of that. so is it possible that the SDSDQ-1024-A10M is 12x, where a SDSDQ-1024-E10M is actually much much faster? i just need anyone that has a 1gig sandisk NON ultra SDSDQ-1024-A10M, to post and verify that their card ALSO plays castlevania and tonyhawk flawlessly as COMPI said his does. i asked SNEEF as well, he said hes using a SDSDQ-512 0614501597S. which doesnt really help me, cus its the 1gig sanddisks im concerned with. why does any of this matter? cus if one IS actually faster than the other, we know what to look out for. so anyone with a SDSDQ-1024-A10M please post your results. thanks.

seam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +99 +1