Hacking My Supercard Lite review

compi_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nice review.

i was thinking of getting either the g6 or the supercard lite.

i was on the supercard store site, and on the top it said:
"one card to rule them all"

I was thinking of getting an g6 too, but the reason I chose for Supercard is that it has MUCH better homebrew compatibility. All the homebrew that tries to access the flashcart doesn't work for G6 so that's no DSorganize, no NDSMail, no BEUP, you can only save to the SRAM with Draw, no REIN and so on. Supercard can do all this, and I wanted to use my ds lite as an mp3 player too, so 512MB was too little for games+mp3.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update to this thread; I contacted the SanDisk press office and explained to them that I am doing a tech article and this is some information they shared with me. I had first asked them if their memory cards were manufactured special for each world region and mentioned the question about the lettering at the end of the product code; their reply was that all of their memory cards are manufactured in the same factories and then shipped out across the world. They said there is no way any one microSD card could be different then another unless the product had been damaged in some way.

They said the last four characters at the end of the product code are just region identifier codes for retailers and ordering systems. For my example of the 1GB microSD SDSDQ-1024-A10M & SDSDQ-1024-E10M they said the only relevant part of the code for consumers is SDSDQ-1024. The last four characters should be ignored and is only used for ordering purposes and that the memory cards do not indicate region or have these extra characters on them. The only markings on the memory cards should be products code (SDSDQ-1024) and their own string of manufacturing numbers which includes lot and factory number.

However, if you experience a problem with your product you will need to use that code without the last four characters to identify your product. They explained that the product code I sent them as an example: SDSDQ-1024 is for the SanDisk 1024MB microSD which complies to microSD standards of 1.8MB/sec (12X) transfer rate. I think they did a very good job of answering my questions.

FifthE1ement
nds.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get so many conflicting opinions on that very statement from so many different people who have a SuperCard Lite. Some on scdev say it lags if you don't have the ultra, some say it runs flawless. I'll be getting a SuperCard Lite with a 1GB standard SanDisk microSD and a 1GB SanDisk Ultra II microSD that should be here on Monday or Tuesday so I can figure out what’s what. I'll be proud to put the SuperCard Lite next to my SuperCard miniSD! From what I hear the SuperCard Lite has made a huge improvement in memory bandwidth over the previous versions. That’s why they are able to run the Castlevania vid so well with the slower media and the old SuperCard’s would only show still frames if you tried the same thing. Go SuperCard team!

FifthE1ement

Peter Hacke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
castlevania works flawlessly with my supercard lite (kernel 1.63) + sandisk microSD ultra2 (SDSDQU-1024-E10M) and tony hawk skateland has no slowdowns at all, when the music changes while playing.
gba compatibility is still somewhat crappy. mariokart supercircuit still lags like hell
frown.gif
. but we've got mariokart ds haven't we?
biggrin.gif

the only thing that bothers me is the crashing tetris ds. after leaving the WFC and disconnectin from the nintendo wfc-server the game crashes
frown.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SuperKey and PassCard3 are the exact same product so either will do. Even though they have different splash screens and stickers inside they share the same PCB. The SuperKey is usually cheaper and thats why is sometimes the better buy, but in the end its all up to you as they both work fine.

And yes the http://www.SuperCardStore.com has some great deals and sells the SuperKey.
wub.gif

FifthE1ement
nds.gif

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
got supercardlite + Sandisk ultra2 and the castlevania intro runs prfect but there is one minor point..!!

Theres a little music glitch....when that woman comes with windy tornado or somehing the sound wil make a glitshi noise after that....irritating me..video is smooth offcourse..

i formatted my micro sd fat16 with 64kb cluster.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your cluster size is too big. It will work much better with 32k clusters. The smaller the cluster the faster the card.

FifthE1ement

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
thats not true...

its the bigger the cluster the faster...
it can read 64k at 1 time.in packets . in stead of 32,16,8092.

64k is fastest.

and it wont make difference for the sound glitch in the intro though.

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cluster - Space or Speed

What is cluster? Cluster is block size when keep data in your hard drive. You can use partition manager program to manage your harddisk and resize cluster. If you resize cluster to large size, your data will transfer faster and improve Windows performance. But if you resize to small size, the wasted space will reduce to save your space and your data will transfer slower. I recommend you set cluster to small size only to hard drive you want to keep data that rarely use and do not set cluster to small size in Windows drive or swapfile drive. Your machine will slow as hell!

EDIT: Same info go's for other storage cards,hdd,mediadrivers.sd.cf etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free