Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SUPERCARD DS ONE V3!!

The dstemp.com review of the supercard ds one 3! (and please check out my site dstemp.com)

Before I begin, I'd like to thank team supercard for providing me with the review samples
smile.gif

dsonev3.jpg

Contents:

1.Introduction

2.Packaging/appearance

3.Setting up/ GUI

4.Performance

5.Additional info

6.Conclusion

1. Introduction

The supercard team have proven many times how great and reliable they are, making flashcards ranging from the GBA and NDS, will they live up to the expectations with their newest masterpiece? Read on!

Supercard ds one 3 is the third, and currently newest, of the SuperCard DS One flashcart.
The SuperCard DS One is the first and currently one of few to offer SDHC support, Real Time Save, soft reset, in game guide, and so many other features!

Feature list (official):
  • Plug'n Play - NO extra software needed
  • 100% game compatibility, supports clean ROM's and works on any OS
  • Uses MicroSD card, both FAT16 and FAT32 supported
  • Supports the SDHC specification, allowing for high capacity memory cards
  • Compatible with ALL speed flash memory card
  • Hardware save, multi-save support
  • Save directly to MicroSD rather than onboard flash
  • Support RESET, Realtime Cheat Code and Realtime Game Guide
  • Micro firmware designed. Upgradeable Operation System with Powerful function and friendly GUI
  • Support MP3, Movie, TXT and view PIC directly

2. Packaging/ Appearance

2714989418_8e89253582.jpg
2714990314_2e732b5bca.jpg

Our supercard comes in a tidy,sturdy, and stylish package.

Box contents:

2714178821_fa375baae7.jpg
2714181879_af73ce173d.jpg

1 supercard ds one3

1 microsd reader

1 software cd

(microsd not included! )

The supercard comes with essential freebies: the microsd reader (needed for transferring files), and the less important but still nice to have software cd
smile.gif

You really don't need the software cd, as it may be outdated! Go to the official supercard website for the newest software!

I must comment on how sturdy the box was, and how the usb reader is rather good quality! Most freebie readers are junk, but not the supercards!

2714992374_f1feca031a.jpg

The card looks really nice and is very sturdy, exactly like a regular gamecard. This is probobly because it's held by screws and is not clipped together. Yes, it doesn't have the shiny sticker of the acekard, but I guess that's not important, as it will be in your ds for long periods of time.

When putting the supercard into my ds...I was surprised! It fit EXACTLY like a regular card! There was no need to slightly force it in like some of my other cards. There's also less of a chip sticking out of the supercard compared to the acekard.

3. Setup and GUI

Setup:

Setup is very simple: go to the sc website and get the newest update or O.S. of the Supercard DS ONE 3.

I'm expecting you readers are English, so once you get the files, open up the folder "ENG" or something similar to that, and copy everything inside there to the root of your sd card. Then make a "GAMES" folder in your sd card and put any games and homebrew you want inside it. You're all set now.

Also, if you want to play music and videos, you will need to download "moonshell", a famous media player and drag the moonshell folder to the sd card.

Overall, very simple setup.

GUI:

346798815_9c533d2349.jpg

2714182655_10faf1be01.jpg

After waiting about 10seconds, the gui appears. The top screen displays files and folders, you must choose one with the control pad. But if you want, you can swap the screens, putting the supercard logo on the top screen and the menu and such on the bottom, allowing you to use the touch screen instead of the Dpad.

Tap the A button or touch the icon to select a file.

The Gui of the supercard is nice and simple, it gives you 2 ways to explore files: with the touch screen or the old fashioned way, with the control pad.

There are lots of other features with the super, including REAL TIME SAVE, in game guide, and cheats. I will not go much into detail of these as there is a help file included with the O.s. download.

VIDEO OF ME USING IT!!:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nb2N2Poc5fU

4. Performance

All games seemed to play fine, but only in normal mode. If you switch your super card ds to "super mode" , which I dont suggest, you will get performance issues. Also, it's notable that if you used a slow speed micro sd card like how I did, it takes longer to load a game.

All tests were conducted on a DANE-ELEC 1gb memory card (microsd).All games were NTSC-U (U.s), Except for Jump Ultimate stars, which is NTSC-J with an english patch.

Megaman ZX-pass

Mario kart ds-pass

Metroid Prime Hunters-pass

Pokemon Pearl-pass

New Super Mario Brothers-pass

Final Fantasy 4-pass

Sonic Rush Adventure-pass

Yoshi Island-pass

The World Ends With You-pass

Mario Party ds-pass

Jump Ultimate Stars-pass

Download Play:

Mario Party ds-pass

New Super Mario Bros.-pass

Metroid Prime Hunters-pass

WIFI

Pokemon Pearl-pass

Jump Ultimate Stars-pass

Metroid Prime Hunters- pass

Homebrew

Super Smash bros Rumble- pass

Snemulds-pass

Moonshell-pass

Svsip-pass

DS ORGANIZE- pass

%100 compatibility to my knowledge, just like what a flashcard should have, if not more
smile.gif

Also, gba-ds compatibility ddn't work on the supercard ds one, but it may be fixed with an update. I tried this with pokemon diamond (ds) and pokemon firered (gba)

5. Extra Features

DLDI PATCHING (AUTOMATIC)

CHEATS
You'll need to enable cheats from the "Set Patch" . Once you've done that, load up a game, press L + R + Start + Up to open the cheat menu.

Media (songs and video!)

Multiple Saves!
The SuperCard DS One allows you to create more than one save file for a game. From the "Set Patch" menu.

Works As A Passme device!
meaning it can start up games and flashcards from the gba slot. I have personally tested this with my 120games in 1, and it works fine!

Real Time Save!
This feature shows how strong the supercard ds one 3 is, not many flashcards feature RTS. You can save your game without actually being in a saving checkpoint in the game.In the middle of the game, press L + R + Up + Select to enable RTS.

Soft Reset
Press the buttons L + R + A + B + X + Y to be sent directly back to the SuperCard DS One main menu.

6. Conclusion

...What can I say? The supercard ds one is an EXCELLENT chip. It costs a bit more than other flashcards, but it really IS WORTH IT!

Pros:

+Real time save and a whole bunch of extra features!

+%100 game and homebrew compatibility!

+Games run perfectly with no slowdowns

+Fits perfectly in your ds

+drag and drop interface (like most good cards: r4, acekard...etc)

+Good GUI

+Micro SDHC compatible (meaning you can use memory cards of up to 32gb!)

+Nice package

+Excellent build quality

+Sturdy Box

Cons:

-no gba-ds compatiblity, but this feature is rarely found in ds flashcards, and it may be possible to fix with an update of the cards firmware.

-skinning for the sc one is very difficult, I have no clue whatsoever on how to skin it...

-If you use a slower microsd card, it takes longer to load games and such, though this does not affect gameplay at all, so it's not very important.

SCORE: 9.4/10 Brilliant!

Thanks for reading!

Where to buy the supercard3? Click here to go to Dealextreme!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
pokemongalaxy said:
Cons:

-no gba-ds compatiblity, but this feature is rarely found in ds flashcards, and it may be possible to fix with an update of the cards firmware.
What do you mean by that statement?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
pokemongalaxy said:
Cons:

What do you mean by that statement?

pokemongalaxy ~ have you even tested this gba-ds compatibility ? and if this doen't worked with supercard have you even tested it with other flashcarts ??
and if you did maybe you just don't know hwo to do it ...

BLEH ! you even missed the Triple OS feature ???? that are like one of the main reasons why some people even get the SuperCard ?? Unless you don't have the needed files to do that it's still your problem !

( lawl i sound so mean ... but still it made my pretty mad on how you forgot that ! )

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
Doesn't the Supercard DS ONE actually have DS-GBA connectivity when you plug in a Supercard slot 2? I thought that was one of their selling points. Maybe I should do an updated review someday....

i think PokemonGalaxy means that when you play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and you put in a Pokemon S/R/E/FR/LG into the Slot-2 Part it won't detect it ?

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
-no gba-ds compatiblity
Lies, my harvest moon DS picked up the GBA one and unlocked the extra girls. Though that was using HMDS on the SCDS1 and loading it onto a SC Lite

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want your DS!

Yeah, I think it's a good product for cheapskates like me who won't get a CycloDS
tongue.gif
I'm getting this, nice review though!

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pokemongalaxy,

1 - I like your DS case - where did you get it?

2 - I think you should definitely cover triple booting.
Being able to boot to the DSTT menu means being able to use Narin's latest USERCHEATS file on SCDS1!
But, you still need to run DriveSort to alphabetize the ROMs and the menu scrolls slow with a big MicroSDHC card.
I had a SCDS1 but I did not use it until I learned about triple booting. Now it is my favorite card.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BurlyEd said:
pokemongalaxy,

1 - I like your DS case - where did you get it?

2 - I think you should definitely cover triple booting.
Being able to boot to the DSTT menu means being able to use Narin's latest USERCHEATS file on SCDS1!
But, you still need to run DriveSort to alphabetize the ROMs and the menu scrolls slow with a big MicroSDHC card.
I had a SCDS1 but I did not use it until I learned about triple booting. Now it is my favorite card.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

heey you ! that isnt a case xD it's a thin metal sticker you can buy at DealExtreme . com ...

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice review, but you should have mentioned the Realtime Guide feature. That was actually my prime reason for getting an SCDS1. Granted, I've barely used it since, because it's not really convenient. But it's nice to have for RPGs or strategy games.

And I wish that reviews mentioned the fact that the fancy touchscreen UI doesn't support "double clicks". It really bothers me that I can't select a game with the stylus and then edit its options. It always boots right away (or am I missing an ini-option here?). I really wanted a touchscreen-based interface, but it's kinda pointless, when you have to scroll down to the game via d-pad if you want to enable cheats or RTS/RTG features.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering but why would you post this on GBAtemp if this is for your site and reviewed by your own site, DStemp? You would be swaying viewers from your site and just encouraging them to stay on GBAtemp and not even glance at your site if all of the review stuff is already here. I guess I am just confused why you would post this here unless you don't really care about your site at all and just wanted to make it for the review samples. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Nonetheless, great job on the review itself though.

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the name of thes sites are pretty damn similar too. dstemp and gbatemp?

anyway, there are a bit too many grammatical and spelling errors from an ostensibly professional review like this. the content is good.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Is the DS a legit promo pokemon center DS? If that is then holy crap, how much did you get it for anyway? I wouldn't play with that if I were you if that is a legit promo DS. I would treasure it.
blink.gif

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
k, this is very wierd, but every time I tried typing something here then press post, it said I havent typed anything, maybe its because Im in Iran right now(vacation)...?its working now cuz Im using a proxy...
Anyways, thanks for the comments, let me clear some questions:
1.triple boot is not a very good feature (is it even official?) in my opinion. When you put the dstt menu on, dont u lose rts and rtg?
2.my ds has a pokemon sticker from dx
tongue.gif

3/sorry for not covering rtg, but I did mention it as a feature, didnt I?
Any more questions?

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
4zndude345 said:
nice review i dunno wad to trade my DSTT for btw how u get the SICK Pokemon D/P DS i want one
get the scdsone, but if ur on a budget, get an ak2...ps: pkmn skin=dealextreme.com , I took it off, the sticker quality sucked...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER