Hacking My Solution for fixing DSTT not loading problem

kratokrato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not use a fast speed USB2.0 card reader for your microsdcard, the problem is the writing speed is just too fast for the microsdcard to write properly to the card, it will cause the DS to 'HANG' when loading games and the scrolling will be sluggish.

Instead use a slower speed USB1.1 card reader for your microsdcard, you will find that games will load without problem and the scrolling is so much smoother & faster.

At first I thought my card was faulty like others who have the same problem,

I just solved my loading game 'HANG' problem just by using a slower USB1.1 card reader for my Kingston 2GB((JP) microsdcard, it doesnt matter if card is formatted with FAT16 or FAT32.

Pls try my method if you have the same problem as me, let us know if it works.

Cheers!

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good work. If you only have a pc with usb1.1, but a 2.0 card reader, the transfer speed should be at 1.1. Are you assuming that the usb port on the pc is 2.0 and the card reader is 2.0?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I buy the USB 1.1 vs. 2.0 speed argument; unless this is confirmed with multiple different card readers I'd think it was just a case of good card reader vs. bad card reader.

In general, the card readers that come with flashcarts are the cheapest pieces of crap available, and they can cause all sorts of weird problems.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
In general, the card readers that come with flashcarts are the cheapest pieces of crap available, and they can cause all sorts of weird problems.

agreed, i've tried 3 of them before and i use none of them.

what i use to write to microsd (not for DSTT, i dont have one) is a standard SD reader + the adapter that comes with the microsd.

It's because the adapter provides the smoothest insertion of the microsd, and so im not afraid that it will break it.

kratokrato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I buy the USB 1.1 vs. 2.0 speed argument; unless this is confirmed with multiple different card readers I'd think it was just a case of good card reader vs. bad card reader.

you could be right maybe it's the quality of card reader, it will be great if more people feedback with thier experiences, it will really helps to solve this problem many people are having.

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are a few variables surrounding this problem, such as;
usb1.1
usb 2.0
Brand/Quality of Micro SD
Brad/Quality of card reader
Bad ROMS
Bad Firmware
User error (i.e. Removal of flash memory whilst being written to in the pc or switching off DS during a save)

DSTTSTINKYCARD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
we shouldnt have to be fixing anything
the people who made these pile of shites should sort there act out and make them good
grog.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got 2 people with this problem now, the solution was to format the sd card and put the menu on it again, then put the games back and everything works fine again
wacko.gif

yuilltide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not even sure what my probem is. It took me forever to download the files from teh DSTT website. Got the whole thing now, can someone please tell me the next steps to get his thing going? I am so frusterated with the whole thing. I have an R4 and needed another but they were not available, I ended up with this DSTT and am not happy at all. Someone pls help me with how to get it working.

Thankx

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
You can treat it as R4, just copy your games (.nds files) on its root and then put the microSD in your DSTT and then in your DS.

I assume you already did this since you have experience with R4, whats the errors.

yuilltide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well my problem is the R4 came with the Cd and great instrustions as to which files to put on the microSd and the DSTT did nothing and I don't know where to start? I have the ttmenu vol 1.07 now what?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yuilltide,

The DSTT works similarly to the R4, unless you happen to have gotten a bad one. When you insert the DSTT without a microSD flash card in it and turn on your NDS, you should get an icon that says "No CARD". If you don't, then you probably have a bad DSTT and you need to contact the company you bought it from to exchange it for a new one. If you get the "No CARD" icon without a microSD flash card inserted, then your DSTT is functioning properly. Then do the following:

1. Reformat the microSD flash card (FAT/FAT16 or FAT32) on your PC.
2. Download the 1.07 TTMENU OS (kernal) from this site to your PC.
3. Unzip the kernal on your PC. Place the two files and the folder (with all its contents) onto your microSD flash card.
4. Place your homebrew and backups (.nds files and related data) onto the microSD flash card.
5. Make sure that you run the "Safely remove hardware" utility before removing your microSD flash card from your PC.
6. With the DSTT inserted into the NDS, insert the microSD card into the DSTT.
7. Turn on the NDS.

If all works correctly, you should see a list of the apps you put on your card after a few seconds.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over