Android My Shield TV won't let me take screenshots anymore.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, the same problem was written about recently on reddit in the /r/ShieldAndroidTV subgroup and the guy there eventually figured out the solution: change your HDMI cable. I can't post the link here or send PMs because I don't have enough posts but go to reddit and add the subgroup I mentioned to the URL, then use the search box to find the thread via keyword "screenshots".
But I'm using the HDMI cable that came supplied with the Shield TV, you telling me I have to buy a new one just cause Nvidia Decided to update the system software and didn't think twice about potentially altering something that can cause problems? :wtf:

Reactions: KiiWii

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems weird that would be the solution...
Yes it does, considering that if HDCP was involved, wouldn't the Recording feature also be having blocked since they both are part of the Nvidia Share app or that is usually HDCP should target ALL screen capturing features (both video and picture) :ninja:

Reactions: KiiWii

Wiiholio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, me again. I just ran into this issue myself. I'd moved my Shield TV to another room temporarily and took with me the HDMI cable then plugged it into the other tv's rear "INPUT 5" as that was the nearest available HDMI input. Played some games on the Shield, no problem. Then I noticed the screenshot ability was LOCKED, same as you guys reported. Same cable as before, so no it was not the cable. Took the Shield back to my usual tv, no problem, screenshots possible. Took it back to the tv it didn't work on and happened to plug it in to "INPUT 4" this time. Screenshots possible. Swapped it to INPUT 5, LOCKED again.

Either certain HDMI inputs have limited capabilities (unlikely) or the DHCP function of my INPUT 5 is broken.

SUGGESTION: try another HMDI input on your tv.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to say, after today, Nvidia shield tv upgrade 7.2 I am able to take screenshots again. :ninja:

To be clear, I have not done anything different since I had made this thread about the issue. So i wonder if Nvidia finally fixed the issue themself. Other than that, I advise you all to check for yourself and report back if you still don't have access to screenshots. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: please send halp