Homebrew My Pokemon Sun won’t load and gives me an error.

ZoombraXI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I just found my old 3DS recently and started playing Pokemon sun. I decided to home brew my 3DS because I wanted to check the Evs of the shiny rockruff I just got. I had made sure to take out my Sun cartridge while installing home brew to try not to ‘brick’ my game. Now everytime I open it I get this error.

Error type: Generic
Process ID: 15
Process name: menu
Error code: 0xc8804497
Press any button to reboot.

I have no idea on what to do and anything I saw on youtube didn’t actually relate to this issue.
I’m new to CFW and not smart enough to solve this by myself

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's start with: how exactly did you install homebrew? Did you follow a video? Because that's usually a bad idea.

Also, does this problem happen with other cartridges, or other games installed on your SD card?

ZoombraXI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's start with: how exactly did you install homebrew? Did you follow a video? Because that's usually a bad idea.

Also, does this problem happen with other cartridges, or other games installed on your SD card?
Yeah I just used a video guide on how to do it and used Luma 10.3 and download play. The issue only seems to be on my cartridges because my games that were downloaded through e shop don’t have an issue. I need to try my other cartridges and see if they work but I currently don’t have them.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I just used a video guide on how to do it
Don't you think it would be useful for people trying to help you to know exactly what video you watched? Because this is not something that typically happens, which suggests that something in the video is wrong, which means someone else is probably going to have to watch the whole thing to figure out exactly where it is wrong. This is why video guides are usually a bad idea.

Have you checked the comments of this video to see if other people are having a similar problem?

The issue only seems to be on my cartridges
[...]
I need to try my other cartridges and see if they work but I currently don’t have them.
Why would you say it only seems to be on your cartridges when you don't actually have your other cartridges?

Maybe you should wait until you get them before asking..?

Reactions: Takokeshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips