Hacking My phat ds wont charge

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My phat nintendo ds wont charge. The charge light comes on and then goes off within a second. Im really stuck because i dont know what the cause is because my charge cable was chewed by a dog and it has lots of holes in it. So i dont know if its my ds or the cable. :'( i have heard of phat nintendo ds just stop charging all of a sudden and its not fixable not sure if thats whats wrong with mine. So my question is will i be wasting my money if i buy a new cable.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
find a friend with a ds phat. see if your cable will charge theirs. if not, get a replacent ment DS battery mabye

None of my friends have a ds :'( i was going to order one off the internet i guess i have to go to a game shop now
dry.gif

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try opening it up and checking the fuse.

ds has 2 fuse, 1 for charger and one for battery. if the fuse is the problem just bridge it with solder. save you some money on buying a new ds.

theres a wiki and a maxconsole forum with picture location of the fuse, will post the link when i can find it again.

*Edit*

was on m3wiki
http://m3wiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_DS_Li...28blown_fuse%29

jiggle the cable, if the light comes on and off then its the cable, if it remains off then its the ds

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try opening it up and checking the fuse.

ds has 2 fuse, 1 for charger and one for battery. if the fuse is the problem just bridge it with solder. save you some money on buying a new ds.

theres a wiki and a maxconsole forum with picture location of the fuse, will post the link when i can find it again.

thanks for the info
bow.gif
i will take it to a shop first and ask to try a charger if that doesn't work then i will try and fix it
grog.gif

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
No, the DS Lite has a different connector than the DS Phat.

Don't quote me on this but I think the Gameboy Advance SP uses the same charger as the DS. If you know someone who has a SP they might be able to help.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Don't quote me on this but I think the Gameboy Advance SP uses the same charger as the DS. If you know someone who has a SP they might be able to help.

i can confirm this is true.

i think u nid to buy a new battery(the DS battery), i have the same problems before, i keep using my m3CF then my
supercard it drain my battery, thats the reason why i bought a new battery.

Sasuke-Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup when i had a sp i used the charger on my ds, still have the sp, but i also use it for my ds phat, i lost my ds's charger so i said, lets try the sp's, and it worked >=D

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A friend of a Friend said he would fix it for £25 is that a good price. Also he said he can wil ltry a new battery and diffrent cable before he charges me
biggrin.gif
I iwhs my friend knew more about the nds or he would do it for free :'(

Erencikefe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got it working. I took out the battery and cleaned it now it works like a charm. Well im off to play with my ds thanks for your help all.
grog.gif
A thread from 2007 literally solved my problem. I'm not sure if you're going to see this but i'm really grateful for your help, thanks buddy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?