My phat ds wont charge

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by thegame07, Apr 13, 2007.

1. thegame07
    OP

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    My phat nintendo ds wont charge. The charge light comes on and then goes off within a second. Im really stuck because i dont know what the cause is because my charge cable was chewed by a dog and it has lots of holes in it. So i dont know if its my ds or the cable. :'( i have heard of phat nintendo ds just stop charging all of a sudden and its not fixable not sure if thats whats wrong with mine. So my question is will i be wasting my money if i buy a new cable.

2. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    find a friend with a ds phat. see if your cable will charge theirs. if not, get a replacent ment DS battery mabye

3. thegame07
    OP

Oct 16, 2006
    None of my friends have a ds :'( i was going to order one off the internet i guess i have to go to a game shop now [​IMG]

4. Takrin

Takrin GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2006
    United States
    try opening it up and checking the fuse.

ds has 2 fuse, 1 for charger and one for battery. if the fuse is the problem just bridge it with solder. save you some money on buying a new ds.

theres a wiki and a maxconsole forum with picture location of the fuse, will post the link when i can find it again.

*Edit*

was on m3wiki
    http://m3wiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_DS_Li...28blown_fuse%29

jiggle the cable, if the light comes on and off then its the cable, if it remains off then its the ds

5. thegame07
    OP

Oct 16, 2006
    thanks for the info [​IMG] i will take it to a shop first and ask to try a charger if that doesn't work then i will try and fix it [​IMG]

6. thegame07
    OP

Oct 16, 2006
    does the nds lite use the same charger cable as the phat? thanks in advance [​IMG]

7. Xeijin

Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2007
    London, UK
    No, the DS Lite has a different connector than the DS Phat.

Don't quote me on this but I think the Gameboy Advance SP uses the same charger as the DS. If you know someone who has a SP they might be able to help.

8. thegame07
    OP

Oct 16, 2006
    thanks [​IMG] i have only used a ds lite a few times never tried to charge one [​IMG] thanks again [​IMG]

9. reilina

reilina just a neophyte...

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    California
    i can confirm this is true.

i think u nid to buy a new battery(the DS battery), i have the same problems before, i keep using my m3CF then my
    supercard it drain my battery, thats the reason why i bought a new battery.

10. thegame07
    OP

Oct 16, 2006
    nice i thinkmy cousin had a Gameboy advance sp for his son. I will phone and ask. thanks again for the info. [​IMG]

11. Sasuke-Guy

Sasuke-Guy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2007
    Canada
    Yup when i had a sp i used the charger on my ds, still have the sp, but i also use it for my ds phat, i lost my ds's charger so i said, lets try the sp's, and it worked >=D

12. thegame07
    OP

Oct 16, 2006
    A friend of a Friend said he would fix it for £25 is that a good price. Also he said he can wil ltry a new battery and diffrent cable before he charges me [​IMG] I iwhs my friend knew more about the nds or he would do it for free :'(

13. thegame07
    OP

Oct 16, 2006
    I got it working. I took out the battery and cleaned it now it works like a charm. Well im off to play with my ds thanks for your help all. [​IMG]

14. Ryoku

Ryoku GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2007
    United States
    Now I know what to do if mine stops charging [​IMG].