Gaming My patched Chrono Trigger won't save

silenfoot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time I thought it was a fluke, but now that I've had to run through the Ioka v Reptites scenario twice, I don't think it's so simple. I patched CT with this patch, and it was running just fine. Now I find that saves don't actually take after some point between the start of "A Hero Appears" and the end of "Footprints! Follow!"

The first time it happened I had just beaten Azala's pet and I was about to head back to the Gate, but my battery ran low so I saved and shut down. When I loaded it back up, I found that I had been shoved back to the End of Time, where I had saved before heading out to stop Magus (this is immediately after the Proto Dome).

The second time it happened I had gotten as far as Magus' castle where Ozzie was about to give me a warm welcome. I had saved (or so I thought) just outside the fortress, and it was getting late, so I powered down. When I went to load the game, I was just outside Leene Square, not terribly far from where I had been rewound to the first time, but it was again the second-to-last place I had saved.

Is this a side effect of the patch? Can I not save after a certain point? Or is it that I can't save during a certain length of game? Is there perhaps a better patch, and if there is, is there any way to get my current save file to work with the newly patched rom? I use a SuperCard DS One, though I didn't get the JP anti-piracy update since I have the US version of the rom.

silenfoot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could do that, but getting cheats onto the SuperCard is a pain because it uses *.scc files, so I need a converter to do that. Aside from that, I don't know whether or not I can tell the system to keep that particular cheat on all the time.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You could switch to the Japanese rom and get the newest ndspatch file to fix it. There isn't any difference with the Japanese and English rom.

silenfoot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I like that idea. I've seen people saying that the J rom will play in English, so that works for me. The questions still remains of keeping my current progress. If solving the problem means starting over, so be it, but I don't want to if I don't have to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!