Hacking My O3DS is fucking unhackable. RxTools can NEVER detect the EmuNAND I created.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have any cia's installed, have the sysnand format the SD card, I think thats an option. From there recreate emunand, do not copy anything from previous SD cards.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does data installation suite complete or does it fail? If it completes, then all of your files are correct.
My next suggestion is to look at your SD card in a partition manager of some sort. Windows disk management (when you right click "this PC" in the start menu and select manage) will probably work. Expand your fat32 partition to the entire disk. Zero free space in front or behind.
Then format again with sd formatter (use the options button Type: Full (erase) Format size adjustment: ON).
Then format emunand using gateway 1 more time. If rxtools boots into the menu (hold L if you need to), but still fails to find the emunand, then your problem might very well be your sysnand (at this point, your emunand is an exact copy of your sysnand).

You didn't by chance just downgrade from 9.3+, did you?

Edit: Just reread your post. You did just downgrade, so your sysnand is probably whacked out. If you can find the proper files, I highly recommend you use sysupdater to go down to 9.0, then use it again in pasta mode (or mini pasta) to upgrade to 9.2 from there.

Last edited by urherenow,

RitzMalh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does data installation suite complete or does it fail? If it completes, then those files are correct. My next suggestion is to look at your SD card in a partition manager of some sort. windows disk management (when you right click "this PC" in the start menu and select manage) will probably work. Expand your fat32 partition to the entire disk. zero free space in front, and behind. Then format again with sd formatter (use the options button Type: Full (erase) Format size adjustment: ON). Then format emunand using gateway, 1 more time. If rxtools boots into the menu (hold L if you need to), but still fails to find the emunand, then your problem might very well be your sysnand (at this point, your emunand is an exact copy of your sysnand).

You didn't by chance just downgrade from 9.3+, did you?

• It completes.
  • Using Partition Wizard, SD shows 1.2GB of Unallocated Space at the beginning of drive
  • I did recently downgrade from 10.3 (2 days ago). There didn't seem to be an issue with the downgrade. Someone suggested that I use https://github.com/ihaveamac/downgrade-check to verify my downgrade and it verified the NATIVE_FIRM version of 2.46-0. If you know of another check, let me know.
What problems could my sysNAND have? I have tried restoring my NAND.bin (from after downgrade) with Gateway and I got all my games + nnid back. Then I tried the whole thing EmuNand > RxTools from there and I ran into the same issue.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • It completes.
  • Using Partition Wizard, SD shows 1.2GB of Unallocated Space at the beginning of drive
  • I did recently downgrade from 10.3 (2 days ago). There didn't seem to be an issue with the downgrade. Someone suggested that I use https://github.com/ihaveamac/downgrade-check to verify my downgrade and it verified the NATIVE_FIRM version of 2.46-0. If you know of another check, let me know.
What problems could my sysNAND have? I have tried restoring my NAND.bin (from after downgrade) with Gateway and I got all my games + nnid back. Then I tried the whole thing EmuNand > RxTools from there and I ran into the same issue.
Jumbled up tickets? The system was never designed with downgrading in mind, so you may have older tickets AFTER newer tickets (when the system looks at your title.db) and everything put together might be confusing rxtools. Another option would be to try a different CFW. If you can get any other CFW to boot emunand, then you can start there and upgrade. 9.5 on n3ds or on o3ds, enter system settings and system update from there (but be SURE you are in emunand).

RitzMalh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jumbled up tickets? The system was never designed with downgrading in mind, so you may have older tickets AFTER newer tickets (when the system looks at your title.db) and everything put together might be confusing rxtools. Another option would be to try a different CFW. If you can get any other CFW to boot emunand, then you can start there and upgrade. 9.5 on n3ds or on o3ds, enter system settings and system update from there (but be SURE you are in emunand).

Later ill try another CFW (any recommendations?). Then if that doesn't work I will try 9.2>9.0>9.2. I am not familiar with upgrading to a specific version, what do you mean pasta/mini pasta mode?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Later ill try another CFW (any recommendations?). Then if that doesn't work I will try 9.2>9.0>9.2. I am not familiar with upgrading to a specific version, what do you mean pasta/mini pasta mode?
if you update a sysnand with cia files you must NOT be using a firmware that uses a technique called firmlaunch. You will brick if you do that. Pasta mode is an advanced option in the rxtools menu that will load sysnand without the firmlaunch (making it safe to use sysupdater and cia files to update or downgrade). Mini-pasta is a CFW that does this by default (and probably only this... no emunand).

For others to try, look up Cakes and look up reinand. If ANYTHING will launch emunand for you, then you should be able to upgrade with a full firmware pack, and then rxtools really should work.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just follow the guide as stated with all the files in there. It seems your CFG file could be incorrect. As another user stated, firmware.bin is for an older build.

Make sure you do a full format on your Micro SD card and start fresh using the tutorial i linked you. I know a few people who have followed 1, the downgrade method i used 2, the link i sent you and are all good to go. They all have 32/64GB Sandisk Extreme Micro SD cards and everything is working a treat.

Thats why i'd do in your situation.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have spent 10+ hours trying to install rxTools on my O3DS (10.3 downgraded to 9.2.0-20U, downgrade confirmed with downgrade-checker). EVERY SINGLE TIME it says "EmuNAND Not Found" for the EmuNAND I created using EmuNAND9.

I am following this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/

I have tried many variations.
- Instead of my 64GB MicroSD, used a 16GB MicroSD, used 4GB SD that came with O3DS
- Different versions of rxTools. Instead of firmware.bin, use cdn_firm to generate firm folder and put that in /rxTools/
- Tried creating emuNand using Gateway instead.
- Tried using a different PC
- Tried setting it up beginning from after restoring NAND.bin

=====================================================

Included is a step-by-step of what I am attempting that I wrote literally as I was doing it. Let me know if you see anything that I am doing wrong.
  1. Starting fresh: Format 3DS System Memory + MicroSD with guiformat (FAT32 + 32kb Allocation Size)
  2. Setup 3DS, connect to wifi
  3. Put newly formatted SD back, 3DS says setting up Home Management software
  4. Go to "Change Theme" to initialize Theme files
  5. Turn Off 3DS, Eject SD
  6. Copy all Homebrew Launcher (https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip) files into root of SD
  7. Copy boot.cfg into root of SD.
    Code:
    // Boot menu configuration
    boot_config =
    {
       // Default timeout in secondes
       // If timeout = -1, disable autoboot
       timeout = 3;

// Some devices (n3ds?) seems to have
       // some timing problems when using timeout=0 (autoboot).
       // You may increase this value to improve boot success rate.
       // Default delay (8) should be good for o3ds, 2 seems good for n3ds
       autobootfix = 8;

// if timeout = 0 (autoboot),
       // hold this key to enter the menu
       // keycode list : https://goo.gl/4XLDIL
       recovery = 2; // SELECT

// Default boot entry
       default = 0;

// Boot menu entries (11 max)
       entries =
       (
         {
           title  = "rxTools";
           path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
           offset = "0x12000";
         },
         {
           title  = "HomeBrewMenu";
           path = "/HBL8.3dsx";
         }
       );
    };

8. Copy rxTools (12/05 Build) into root of SD.
  9. Put firmware.bin into rxTools/sys. firmware.bin generated with this batch file
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    bitsadmin /transfer FIRM /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049 "%~dp0\firm.bin"
    pause
    bitsadmin /transfer TWL /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000202/0000000B "%~dp0\twl.bin"
    pause
    bitsadmin /transfer AGB /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000102/00000016 "%~dp0\agb.bin"
    pause
    copy "%~dp0\firm.bin" /b + "%~dp0\twl.bin" /b + "%~dp0\agb.bin" /b "%~dp0\firmware.bin"
    del "%~dp0\firm.bin"
    del "%~dp0\twl.bin"
    del "%~dp0\agb.bin"
    pause
    ed xTools/.
  10. Also have tried using firm folder generated by cdn_firm instead of this firmware.bin. Put firm folder into /rxtools
  11. Drag /3ds/EmuNAND9 from EmuNAND9 Release 3 (https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases) to my SD.
  12. Start HBL via Browser
  13. Start EmuNAND9
  14. Unmount SD using EmuNAND9, backup ALL files in my SD.
  15. Put SD Back in 3DS. Use "Complete EmuNAND Setup" to create EmuNAND (ignore no starter.bin)
  16. Shutdown 3DS
  17. Drag ALL my files back into SD. (The SD's total size is successfully ~2GB smaller from, partition software says 1.2GB unallocated)
  18. Rename HBL's boot.3dsx to HBL8.3dsx
  19. Paste CtrBootManager's boot.3dsx and boot.cfg to SD root
  20. Use BrowserHax to boot to CtrBootManager. I launch rxTools from there.
  21. rxTools takes ~15s to setup.
And then like EVERY SINGLE time, "EMUNAND NOT FOUND! The emunand was not found on your SDCard. Press A to boot SYSNAND".

Please help. I am about to throw my 3DS into a volcano.
Use the gateway launcher to downgrade to 4.5 since you're on a o3ds. Then get the slot0x25 key or what ever it is called, put the firmware.bin and 9.2 update pack in the root of your sd card, get and install sysupdater cia on sysnand with either rxtools 2.5 or 3.0 b8 dev mode with Fbi injected. Also, use the launch.rxtools.net to launch your rxtools devmode. Once you have done all that, you can just update it with the installed sysupdater on devmode only!!!. You may have a missing or corruopted updated file installed. Even though you checked said it was fine.

Last edited by nero99,

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I'm not mistaken that firmware.bin file is supposed to go in sd root, at least that's how it worked for my 4 3ds consoles?!

Before I put it there it didn't detect emunand.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's simplier solution, buy gateway card and try gateway mode :evil:

Gw menu is suppose to create the emunand for him but its NOT. So something is wrong here. I would suggest backing up the sysnand using GW menu, format you sysnand using system settings and try again.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken that firmware.bin file is supposed to go in sd root, at least that's how it worked for my 4 3ds consoles?!

Before I put it there it didn't detect emunand.

I have just checked my 3DS SD card and can confirm there is NO firmware.bin at the root of my SD card and mine is set up and working perfect.

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if he uses Emunand tool (the PC program, not the homebrew) to inject his sysnand backup to the emunand?

RitzMalh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to verify that my EmuNAND is set up? I've viewed my SD using partition software and it just shows up as 1.2GB unallocated space.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gw menu is suppose to create the emunand for him but its NOT. So something is wrong here. I would suggest backing up the sysnand using GW menu, format you sysnand using system settings and try again.

You mean reformat my 3DS? I've done that a few times already. I've tried setting this up starting from a freshly setup device and also tried starting from device after I've restored my NAND.bin that I created after downgrading.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're telling me you started fresh (reformated 3ds, format SD from within 3ds, attempted to recreate emunand via GW) than the downgrade probably didn't happen like it should.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

RitzMalh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UPDATE: I seem to have successfully booted into EmuNAND using Cakes instead. I have set 1 color when I turn on my 3DS, then a different colour when I boot into Cakes and use the "Boot CFW" option. As a test, I then booted back to rxTools and it is still telling me No EmuNAND found.

If possible, I'd still like to use rxTools as that seems to be recommended and I find that I get black screen a lot (75%) when trying to use Cakes. I will re-assess WTF is wrong with my rxTools now that I know my EmuNAND is fine. If I still cannot get it to work, I will probably post a new thread now that I've narrowed down the problem.

Thanks for all the help guys!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo! Try this build. It does NOT use an rxtools.dat or a firmware.bin. Delete all of that now.

On O3DS, use the python script to download the required files. Put the resulting "firm" folder inside of /rxTools/

On N3ds, you must find the encrypted firmware.bin that Cakes uses, put it in rxTools/firm, then rename it to <titleID>.bin. <-- I'll post again later when I'm home to fix that. Until then, look it up on 3dbrew title list. It's the N3DS native_firm.

Also, replace the ninjhax stuff as well. And if you use MSET, REINSTALL IT.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wng13zpz1ccrzx/release.zip?dl=0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU