RxTools NEVER detects my EmuNAND (Cakes detects it) [O3DS]

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RitzMalh, Jan 9, 2016.

1. RitzMalh
    OP

RitzMalh Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    Canada
    For whatever reason, my RxTools won't detect my EmuNAND. It will complete the data installation fine and then it will say "EMUNAND NOT FOUND! The emunand was not found on your SDCard. Press A to boot SYSNAND". CakesFW detects my EmuNAND fine (I have successfully installed a game) and then I literally switch over to RxTools and it tells me no EmuNAND detected.

• I've tried the 12/5 (a08cfdd) build where you generate firm folder with cdn_firm and put the firm folder in root/rxtools/. This version gives me the EmuNAND not found error.
    • I've tried Version 2.6 from https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases where the cdn_firm generates a firmware.bin (MD5 = A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746) that goes in the root of SD along with rxTools.dat. This version lets me select the Boot Into EmuNAND option but once I load it, it says it is booting in sysNAND.
    Anyone have any idea? I'd prefer to use RxTools over Cakes as while RxTools won't detect my EmuNAND, I can start RxTools fine everytime whereas trying to start Cakes fails like 60% of the time.

O3DS recently downgraded 10.3 - 9.2.

Last edited by RitzMalh, Jan 9, 2016
  2. Krakatau

Krakatau Nintendo 3DS XL

Nov 10, 2012
    Belgium
    Are you sure you made an emuNAND?

3. RitzMalh
    OP

RitzMalh Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    Canada
    I have Cakes set up with two theme colours. So when I first boot my 3DS, it is one colour, then I launch Cakes and select the "Boot CFW" option, I have another colour.

Update: Also successfully got gaming working with FBI

Last edited by RitzMalh, Jan 9, 2016