Hacking My nephew did official update plz help me.

freezeburn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long story short my nephew did the official update on his softmoded Wii from 3.2u to 4.0u. The problem is that now the Wii won't read any disks original or backup, they show up on the disk channel but as soon as I hit start it goes dark and stays dark. Now I don't think is fully bricked since we still have access to everything else like the wad games and HBC, I've even installed new wad games and they play just fine and if I launch usbloadergx I'm able to play any game in my HDD. I tried installing preloader but tells me it can't, bootmii will only install as an IOS and for what I've read thats just useless. I want to downgrade to 3.2 again but really don't want to try it since I have no safety net like preloader in case it goes bad. I've searched this and some have had success but most had a chip installed while others where told "you're sol buddy". I'm also thinking about reinstalling cioscorp but I think I would get the "System Files Corrupt" which will require me to reinstall preloader. If I was to run Trucha Bug Restorer would that help me at all? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Stokesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Run bannerbomb to reinstall HBC/BootMii (to boot2 if possible), and take a backup of your NAND for brick protection. Then run the Trucha Bug Restorer, then install cIOS rev14. You can then run cIOS Downgrader or AnyRegion Changer to get back to 3.2.

So pretty much just this guide.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If he did the official update recently it should have updated you to 4.1U not 4.0U. If it was a disc update, that's a different story, but that would not have updated to 4.0 as no game has the 4.0 update yet. Make sure you know what FW you are on in the Wii settings.

But anyways, if you use the Trucha Bug Restorer properly, you should be able to get the trucha bug and ES_Identify patched into IOS36 so then you should be able to install preloader afterwards. After you use the trucha bug restorer I would suggest getting the most recent cIOS installed (rev14) and have the installer use IOS36 since you just put the trucha bug in it with the TBR.

After that if you still can't load games with a backup launcher like NeoGamma R6 or R7 (see edit), you could try running dop-IOS v7 and scrolling through the list of IOS's and seeing which ones are not updated to the most recent version or installed at all. Then try having it update whichever IOS's you can without the sig hash check. You can skip any stub IOS's and such and IOS's like 30 and 50 and 51. Also might want to check which IOS the HBC is running off of by pressing home in it and seeing what IOS it says there and skipping that one in dop-IOS as well. Not sure if updating that would stop the HBC from working or not. (though you could probably just reinstall it via bannerbomb/hackmii installer if it did) Also leave IOS36 alone since you already used the TBR on that one. (see edit) And for IOS60 you can install that with the sig hash check. (Do this before install preloader otherwise I believe you will have to reinstall it.)

Backup games shouldn't work through the disc channel to begin with at all since updating should have gotten rid of at least most of CIOSCORP and you most likely never had the IOS60 from CIOSCORP installed which is what 4.0 runs off of now. I'm not exactly sure why originals wouldn't work as well, but maybe it's because there are still some leftover CIOSCORP IOS's left and the original discs aren't working well with the mix of modified and unmodified IOS's or something. So hopefully running dop-IOS as I said will make all of your IOS's proper and at least fix the original game loading there.

edit: forgot you mentioned games still worked through usbloadergx so you should already have some cIOS above rev9 installed. Since that's the case you could probably skip the TBR step too if you want and just patch the sig hash check and ES_Identify in IOS36 with dop-IOS

freezeburn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
If he did the official update recently it should have updated you to 4.1U not 4.0U. If it was a disc update, that's a different story, but that would not have updated to 4.0 as no game has the 4.0 update yet. Make sure you know what FW you are on in the Wii settings.

But anyways, if you use the Trucha Bug Restorer properly, you should be able to get the trucha bug and ES_Identify patched into IOS36 so then you should be able to install preloader afterwards. After you use the trucha bug restorer I would suggest getting the most recent cIOS installed (rev14) and have the installer use IOS36 since you just put the trucha bug in it with the TBR.

After that if you still can't load games with a backup launcher like NeoGamma R6 or R7 (see edit), you could try running dop-IOS v7 and scrolling through the list of IOS's and seeing which ones are not updated to the most recent version or installed at all. Then try having it update whichever IOS's you can without the sig hash check. You can skip any stub IOS's and such and IOS's like 30 and 50 and 51. Also might want to check which IOS the HBC is running off of by pressing home in it and seeing what IOS it says there and skipping that one in dop-IOS as well. Not sure if updating that would stop the HBC from working or not. (though you could probably just reinstall it via bannerbomb/hackmii installer if it did) Also leave IOS36 alone since you already used the TBR on that one. (see edit) And for IOS60 you can install that with the sig hash check. (Do this before install preloader otherwise I believe you will have to reinstall it.)

Backup games shouldn't work through the disc channel to begin with at all since updating should have gotten rid of at least most of CIOSCORP and you most likely never had the IOS60 from CIOSCORP installed which is what 4.0 runs off of now. I'm not exactly sure why originals wouldn't work as well, but maybe it's because there are still some leftover CIOSCORP IOS's left and the original discs aren't working well with the mix of modified and unmodified IOS's or something. So hopefully running dop-IOS as I said will make all of your IOS's proper and at least fix the original game loading there.

edit: forgot you mentioned games still worked through usbloadergx so you should already have some cIOS above rev9 installed. Since that's the case you could probably skip the TBR step too if you want and just patch the sig hash check and ES_Identify in IOS36 with dop-IOS

Thanks for the reply Stokesy but I have reinstalled HBC with bannerbomb and when I get to bootmii it says it can't be installed as boot2 because of boot1.

Nabster92, When I tried to install preloader it said that the IOS36 had the bug fixed, I took your suggestion and used dop-ios to apply the hash check and the ES Identify but it has a problem getting a connection to the internet (and yes I can go online using the opera channel and even play online with MK and Conduit). On the plus side normal and burned games do load using Neogamma R6. Do you think if I was to update the wii to 4.1 using official or waninkos fw that it would get rid of what ever left over CIOSCORP left over IOS and allow originall games to load again? I really don't want to try updating with out preloader but I'm willing to take the chance. Also would installing MenuPatcher help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn