OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I am 33
wtf.gif
I seriously don't feel that old and most people say I don't look it but I am 33 and I accept it. At least I still have my hair unlike my brothers
rofl2.gif

Being born in 1974 I remember when video games started to appear in my home town back in New Zealand, being that far south NZ tended to be a little behind things like that compared to the US or UK/Europe. As a little kid I looked forward to going into the City and getting to play Space Invaders and Pac Man, it wasn't something I got to do often so it really stayed in my memory.

It was either for a birthday or Xmas, I can't remember anymore, that my Mum bought me my first (and for a long time only), video game Mario's Cement Factory.
marioscement.jpg

Mario's Cement Factory
It's a pretty simple game by today's standards, you ride up and down elevator's making sure the cement doesn't over flow and land on the guy below who must be Luigi but isn't named. They sure knew how to make games back then, I dropped it in a river once and after drying it out it still worked no worse for wear. I came across it the other day, I've managed not to misplace it even though I have moved many times including countries, so I think I'll have to stop and pick up some batteries for it on the way home.

I just remembered that my brother and I also had CASIO game calculators, one was musical, one you had "shoot" the missing part of a number 8 and the our favorite was the boxing game CASIO

These days I have my blue DS Phat and white DS Lite, a modded Xbox and the original PS1 and PS2. I'm a casual gamer that usually waits to get a new system or game and I like games I can go back to months or years later and still enjoy.

Anyway that's a little about me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.