My first problem with the Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Jonah, Nov 20, 2006.

Nov 20, 2006

My first problem with the Wii by Jonah at 1:46 AM (2,613 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Jonah
    OP

Newcomer Jonah Member

United States
    I was just wondering if anybody who has played with four people on the Wii (at once) has found it at all hard to fit all four people within the range of the sensor bar. We had to cram onto a couch, but eventually one of us just sat on the floor in front...we were a normal distance away from the TV as well...

Maybe if they made a wider sensor bar or something it would resolve this issue...

On a side note: The Wii Rocks!!!!! I just wish I could see a damn Mii Parade!

2. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Tried to play Wii Boxing with my friend, who is not the smallest guy in the world. Just us two could barely fit inside of it. Like a one handed boxing fight, unless we were pretty far back. I'm afraid of 4P. I do with the sensor bar was bigger, but I'm sure we'll figure a way around it.

3. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    for boxing, you dont have to be facing the TV. me and my friend beat the crap out of each other and the real world winner won in the game

4. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    I don't notice any problems. It works best when you can put some distance between yourself and the TV.

5. amrod

Member amrod GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I used the senor bar over my 80" projector and it worked fine... worked great multi player [​IMG]

6. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

Hmmm... weird...
    I've never had the same problem when I played multiplayer games on the wii myself;
    and when I saw the live wii footage from gamespot, they played with 4 players and they didn't really seem to have any problem with the sensor bar... isn't something is interfering, in your living room?

7. comapro

Newcomer comapro Advanced Member

United States
    yea i think it's a lil too small too. last night 3 of us were playing on a 32" lcd about 8-10 ft away and i hit my gf a few times playing tennis.

8. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    it best to put the Sensor Bar back abit more that give more range for 4 player's

9. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    I heard reported that you could be at a 150 degree angle and it would still work fine [​IMG]

10. Stokesy

Newcomer Stokesy Member

Australia
    The sensor bar doesn't actually 'sense' anything, I don't even think it sends any data to the wii. Interesting factoid.

11. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    try to use some externally-fed +-60° LEDs instead.

12. paOol

Member paOol GBAtemp Regular

i've seen a video on youtube where the guy took out his sensor bar, and only used 2 candles and his wii worked perfectly. i dont get what your having a problem with.

3 friends and i were playing 4 ppl wii tennis without a problem in his room, we probably had less room than you.

13. Magus19

Member Magus19 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Is the pointing used in Wii sports? Because I was under the impression that it was not, except for menus. If not the sensor bar is useless for the games, except for pointing. And the wireless signal from the wiimote to the Wii is excellent, walls and ceillings can't stop it.

14. ucablca

Newcomer ucablca Member

United States
    Took my Wii to a friend's house and we played 4 player doubles tennis outside on an hdtv projector. Put the sensor bar on the table in front of the projector and we all stood about 8 ft away from the sensor and 4 ft apart from eachother. We had no issues with the sensor bar at all, despite its size..

15. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    IR LEDs are usually directional, and that may present a problem if you're not standing directly in front of the sensor bar. Bizarrely enough, two lit candles are much better for multiplayer, because the Wiimotes of the people on the "outside" get a better view of the candles than they would of the LEDs on the "sensor" bar. And that means, less glitches and better precision.

The only problem (with the sensor bar or candles) is that every Wiimote has to be calibrated from the spot the player will be standing, and not directly in front of the TV.