Hacking My emunand is unlinked but no matter what I do menuhax is still broken

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm completely stumped. This nightmare started with a system transfer that didn't take because somehow the emunand created on the new system was only 4kb (I know, I should have checked it first :(

I got that sorted (I think) but the problem is no matter what I do, Menuhax will not launch unless I launch it from Ninjhax. My nands are unlinked, I've deleted everything on the memory card, I've removed and restored the emunand, I've formatted the sysnand, I'm completely stumped and out of ideas/sanity at this point.

I'm on a New 3DS Compact running 9.2 after downgrading from 10.7. The only thing I have left that I can try is completely wiping the card, creating a fresh emunand, removing that emunand and restoring my old emunand, which I need because it is a legit NNID with around a hundred games purchased on it.

Help me GBATemp-wan Kenobi! You're my only hope!

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard good things about A9LH, but to be honest (and I know I'm probably being silly), I've always been kind of afraid to try changing to it. I'll read up on your link and try though if it's better and I won't lose my NNID! Will I still use reinand or is A9LH its own thing? Thank you in advance!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard good things about A9LH, but to be honest (and I know I'm probably being silly), I've always been kind of afraid to try changing to it. I'll read up on your link and try though if it's better and I won't lose my NNID! Will I still use reinand or is A9LH its own thing? Thank you in advance!
You will be able to transfer your emuNAND to sysNAND with A9LH, so if everything is working on your emuNAND already, you won't notice the difference.

Reactions: archnachoofthepi

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotta admit I was holding my breath this entire time, but you're a lifesaver Lacius! I followed the instructions and everything is perfect!

I'm dreadfully sorry, but can you indulge one more noobie question from me? In the past I would use emunandtool to backup my emunand and keep it safe. I know that there is some hourglass9 component I should be using to keep safe backups in the advent that something goes wrong; do I use the sysnand backup option since I made my emunand become my new sysnand?

And, if a system update comes out and it's deemed safe by the community, do I just do a regular update from the settings menu? I guess that's two questions. Thank you so much for helping me out! This was a lot of extra stress on top of running back and forth from the hospital looking after my aunt, training new hires at work and getting ready to move :D

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
do I use the sysnand backup option since I made my emunand become my new sysnand?
Yep, no more need for emuNAND tool! If you ever want to change SD cards it's as simple as copying the data over.

And, if a system update comes out and it's deemed safe by the community, do I just do a regular update from the settings menu?
Yep. I doubt Nintendo will ever kill a9lh (they failed to break DSiWare and hardmod downgrading, and rxTools this update, which would have been trivial, so I doubt they are going to find a way to break a9lh when no one in the community can even work out what they'd have to do), but just in case they do, check before updating :-)

Reactions: archnachoofthepi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)