Gaming My DS Lite screen is yellowish/brownish? And blotchy. I just bought it. Is this normal?

sp957

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just bought a Nintendo DS Lite (my first one) from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The condition was listed as "Good". Cosmetically, the handheld is pretty much flawless. It looks brand new.

However, the screen lighting seems pretty bad to me. It's so yellowish that it makes me believe that's part of the DS Lite OS theme?

I have some photos. The DS Lite is on the left, and the old DSi is on the right.

Hopefully the photos help you understand but it looks worse in person. With the camera I used, it makes the DSi look like it's more blueish, but it's actually pure white in my eyes in person. And the DS Lite looks more yellowish/brownish.

The yellowish color doesn't really bother me to be honest. I can get used to that. But it looks blotchy on the highest part of the top screen and the bottom screen and a little bit on the sides. Meaning the yellowish/brownish tint is more intense on the top part of the screens.

Should I try an exchange? Or is this a common problem with DS Lites? The system was released 10 years ago, so is this what happens to them over time?

Here are the photos:

A side by side, one photo is supposed to be highest brightness and the other lowest but I can't see the different (phone camera sucks).

1A.jpg

1A.jpg

Just the top screens. First one is lowest brightness, second is highest. You can sort of see the blotchy-ness I was talking about.

2A.jpg

2B.jpg

Attachments

• 1B.jpg
    1B.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 508
Last edited by sp957,

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm sure my friends DS lite wasn't like that. It was white just like my DSi's. You should ask the seller about it.

sp957

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WEll I got another one from Amazon Warehouse deals. This screen was even worse lol. It had the yellowing and plus some black marks.

I'm guessing the Yellowing is just common on these systems after so many years of use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: