Hardware My 3ds needs damage protection

angelzbl0od

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so my 3ds is sooo awesome I love it. I purchased the Nyco extended life battery the day after I bought my 3ds and that is a great addition to battery life.

Now I am wondering about protecting my system on the go. So basically I have some questions.

I would like to get a gel case. Does one exist that works with Nyco batter yet?

I heard screen protectors are bad. Why?

Would a carrying case of some sort be my best option for now?

Whats my best option for preventing the bottom screen frame from scratching the top screen?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
angelzbl0od said:
I would like to get a gel case. Does one exist that works with Nyco batter yet?
Gel case? I don't think so. The Nyco Pak makes the base thicker for the case to fit (I believe you can custom make some though, which can cost a bomb).

angelzbl0od said:
I heard screen protectors are bad. Why?
There are cases where inferior screen protectors actually affect the 3D effect. They are not exactly bad but just 'ruin' the 3D. Protectors with the official Nintendo seal won't have this problem.

angelzbl0od said:
Would a carrying case of some sort be my best option for now?
An airfoam pouch sounds good for your option. It protects really well on the go (just not when you're playing it though)

QUOTE(angelzbl0od @ Sep 6 2011, 02:24 AM)
Whats my best option for preventing the bottom screen frame from scratching the top screen?
I place a microfiber cloth when I close the system (just like how the sponge covers in between when you open up your new system). There are other ways though.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
chris888222 said:
angelzbl0od said:
I place a microfiber cloth when I close the system (just like how the sponge covers in between when you open up your new system). There are other ways though.
This
By far the most cheapest, successful and easiest method out there.
If you screw up applying screen protectors thing your pretty much fucked, and have a $5 sticky mess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.