Hacking muti-cios gives me 249 instead of 232

otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty straightforward problem here... when I try to install cios 37 as 232(for softchip to play rockband) the menu only gives me the option to choose 249 instead of 232... does anyone know why that is?

Thanks alot folks.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The first IOS selection (right after you load the installer) is to select which IOS to use to install. For that you want to select IOS249. Later, it will ask you to select an IOS slot. That's when you can choose which slot to install to.

otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gordinio said:
The first IOS selection (right after you load the installer) is to select which IOS to use to install. For that you want to select IOS249. Later, it will ask you to select an IOS slot. That's when you can choose which slot to install to.

Well according to the instruction,I'm supposed to select 232 NOT 249,hence my problem....

otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
propered said:
Gordinio is very clear and understands what you said

Okay maybe I am confused because as soon as I choose 249,it just goes aheads and "installs",it never gives me a choice to choose a slot,and well the instructions just tell me to choose 232 from the begginging.
So yeah Im so confused rigth now.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
otomon said:
propered said:

Okay maybe I am confused because as soon as I choose 249,it just goes aheads and "installs",it never gives me a choice to choose a slot,and well the instructions just tell me to choose 232 from the begginging.

What rev are you installing?

Posts merged

otomon said:
QUOTE(propered @ Aug 18 2010, 06:52 PM)

What rev are you installing?

otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm basically doing everything here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125495

I am a n00b at the whole wii hacking scene.. but basically I just want to play my backup of RockBand using any loader... the usual loader that I use(Neogamma) does not support the usb controllers for rockband,so I was told to get SoftChip and use the Hermes Cios,so I did this:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236

and then:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

After that I was suposed to have an option on Softchip to use "cios 222 or 223",there was no such option... So now Im trying to install Rockband launcher but it the guide asks me to install “Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232”. using the Multi Cios isntaller....

It does not show like that... instead it replaces 232 with 249.

So thats where I am now.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry that tool you use is totally outdated. If you only use your cIOS to play games, which i highly recommend*, then try either cIOS rev19 with base IOS37 or cIOS rev20 with base IOS56. Both should play any Rock Band and support the instruments. As loader you can still use SoftChip(use IOS249) if you want or use NeoGamma.

*And i recommend to use IOS236(Trucha Bug Restorer, IOS36 + all 4 patches, slot 236) for everything else

otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Sorry that tool you use is totally outdated. If you only use your cIOS to play games, which i highly recommend*, then try either cIOS rev19 with base IOS37 or cIOS rev20 with base IOS56. Both should play any Rock Band and support the instruments. As loader you can still use SoftChip(use IOS249) if you want or use NeoGamma.

*And i recommend to use IOS236(Trucha Bug Restorer, IOS36 + all 4 patches, slot 236) for everything else

Sorry I dont know how to install Cios rev 19 or rev20... is there a guide for that? Im so close >_<

EDIT:Oh and also...WiiPower,you do know that Rockband instruments are USB rigth?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:

I did that (with dop-mii, not tbr) but installed it to slot 45 as it is less likely Nintendo will try to overwrite it. I would also recommend setting the IOS version to the highest possible (65535).

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download waninkoko's ciosr20 and load it with the homebrew channel. First select to load 249 if you have installed a cios before or if not, 36. Then tell it to install to slot 249 using 56 as base. If you want, you can also install base 57 on slot 250 because some people say it is faster but also less stable and dosen't work with usb instruments. This also will not affect hermes cios which is what I think you are trying to install

otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
elimist said:
download waninkoko's ciosr20 and load it with the homebrew channel. First select to load 249 if you have installed a cios before or if not, 36. Then tell it to install to slot 249 using 56 as base. If you want, you can also install base 57 on slot 250 because some people say it is faster but also less stable and dosen't work with usb instruments. This also will not affect hermes cios which is what I think you are trying to install

Okay so if I install to slot 249 using 56,will I be able to use the usb instruments? I just want to make sure before I mess around with my Wii some more.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
otomon said:
Okay so if I install to slot 249 using 56,will I be able to use the usb instruments? I just want to make sure before I mess around with my Wii some more.
Yes, you can use instruments with base 56.

otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
otomon said:

What the heck... it doesnt list base 56 as one of the options but 57 is there... should I use that instead?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
otomon said:
FIX94 said:
otomon said:

What the heck... it doesnt list base 56 as one of the options but 57 is there... should I use that instead?
You need the newest cIOS249 v20 installer to use base 56, not the old v19, because IOS57 does NOT support instruments.

otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
elimist said:
are you sure that it is asking for base? I was able it install using base ios 56 just fine.

Ahaha im so stupid.. I had the rev 19 installer and I ran that instead of rev 20! Okay guys it did work by using 249 and 56 as base! This is so awesome! Thanks for everyone who helped me out! You rock!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system