Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Our countries laws stop it, thats why.

seriously? really? Londons mayor is a muslim yet he doesnt spew such drivel like killing gay people. Arent there muslims in places of law in both UK and USA yet neither of those people are pushing to have gay people killed or rape allowed

D

Deleted-355425

Then you're breaking GBAtemp's rules, or have you not read them?

You are not respecting my opinions now,

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

seriously? really? Londons mayor is a muslim yet he doesnt spew such drivel like killing gay people. Arent there muslims in places of law in both UK and USA yet neither of those people are pushing to have gay people killed or rape allowed

Didnt realise he makes the UK's laws.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
You are not respecting my opinions now,

Didnt realise he makes the UK's laws.

okay then but the lawyers in parliment and the house of congress DO.

DONT see the muslims there saying such stuff

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
meaning?? what exactly?

im all up for a serious conversation. I just dont want people like @mech to take the mick
Some of the teachings are usable at any time. You should always try to be kind and helpful, not do harmful things, etc. And some of them carried to modern law (let's forget corruption for a little while). Not all of them are perfect, and not all of them are completely false. We ourselves have multiple faces, and so does everything else. I can also go deeper into my religious view.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Pew research, now tell me where you got your research the vast majority aren't a bunch of gay hating misogynists with a cultural normal acceptance of decapitation and public stoning.

You provide no evidence aside from the fact that YEAH hundreds of years ago stoning and misogyny where popular but now our laws stop such things.

Why looks at the past? why not give me 2017 sources ?

Exactly cause no one has been stoned. women both in islam and out of islam have gained equal rights to be who they want to be.

So i dont see how all muslims are like that since IF they were then believe me they would have prevented women from gaining rights, gays from being able to be wed and stoning to be a thing

but none of that has happened

We are going to have to agree to disagree because this is pointless.

Okay thats perfectly cool. But hey look putting our opinions aside as a human being do you think of me as what you said all Muslims are like?

Some of the teachings are usable at any time. You should always try to be kind and helpful, not do harmful things, etc. And some of them carried to modern law (let's forget corruption for a little while). Not all of them are perfect, and not all of them are completely false. We ourselves have multiple faces, and so does everything else. I can also go deeper into my religious view.

What is your religous view? by all means i do enjoy learning about other faiths and seeing how well they all intangle together sometimes.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, Islam needs reformation, or less violent scholars. The only religion that remained untouched is Islam. As much as people think that it still applies on the 21st century, I am inclined to disagree on that. There needs to be a reformation. Some Islamic countries don't even follow Sharia law, yet they pray 5 times a day, and they're turning out to be perfectly fine. Some countries partially implement it, and some fully implement it, like Saudi Arabia does. However, the KSA royals actually use the religion to their advantage to keep their people in check, and to maintain an image, which is fake.

I know this whole ISIS thing does not really represent Muslims, but a good number of them joined ISIS, and that goes back to their religious teachings, their culture, their families and people they looked up to. Also, the recent converts take every word in Islam literally, and that's also how we have many foreign fighters with ISIS too.

D

Deleted-355425

You provide no evidence aside from the fact that YEAH hundreds of years ago stoning and misogyny where popular but now our laws stop such things.

Exactly cause no one has been stoned. women both in islam and out of islam have gained equal rights to be who they want to be.

So i dont see how all muslims are like that since IF they were then believe me they would have prevented women from gaining rights, gays from being able to be wed and stoning to be a thing

Okay thats perfectly cool. But hey look putting our opinions aside as a human being do you think of me as what you said all Muslims are like?

What is your religous view? by all means i do enjoy learning about other faiths and seeing how well they all intangle together sometimes.

Didn't even realise you were Muslim, i thought we were talking about religions lol.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Religions are dumb. Whether a person is dumb or not is probably independent of whether they believe in a religion though. Just shows a certain way of thinking, not of intelligence, to buy into the silly. Some people think GMOs are bad, but they're hardly idiots. They just don't understand how it works. It's normal and fine.

People who believe in a religions are free to do so but...I mainly just feel pity for them. I was there once. It sucks. Life is so much more meaningful and full without religion.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God and his former angel Lucifer (now called Satan) had a falling out of sorts. Now Satan is doing all he can to spite God, including convincing humans to sin.
So because god and lucifer are having a pissing match, innocent humans should burn in eternal hellfire? That still doesnt explain why god has made no contact with mankind in over 2000 years. Shouldnt he warn us about lucifer so we dont suffer? Or does god just not care about us? Dont say he did warn us. The bible was written by humans thousands of years ago. God has spoken to man before, according to that book... Why can't he do it again?

D

Deleted User

It's not like christians and other religions try to force everything down everyone's throats.
They're trying way too hard to manipulate somebody to believe in their religion.

i'm so sleepy, holy shit.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Honestly, Islam needs reformation, or less violent scholars. The only religion that remained untouched is Islam. As much as people think that it still applies on the 21st century, I am inclined to disagree on that. There needs to be a reformation. Some Islamic countries don't even follow Sharia law, yet they pray 5 times a day, and they're turning out to be perfectly fine. Some countries partially implement it, and some fully implement it, like Saudi Arabia does. However, the KSA royals actually use the religion to their advantage to keep their people in check, and to maintain an image, which is fake.

I know this whole ISIS thing does not really represent Muslims, but a good number of them joined ISIS, and that goes back to their religious teachings, their culture, their families and people they looked up to. Also, the recent converts take every word in Islam literally, and that's also how we have many foreign fighters with ISIS too.

Does islam need reforming in terms of Scholars YES. I too believe that the scholars are truly leading people astray. But not all of them are like that.
Your right about isis and right about the new converts part.

I also agree with the fact that SA royals do use the religion in some ways to their advantage but i havent carried out proper research there. (give me 20 years and when i do my Hajj i shall get back to ya XD)

However, if you mean reforming the actual quraan or hadith in the form of rewriting it then i disagree.

Regarding shariah law i will need to speak to my dad and carry out more research on that since at mosque we never were taught such a thing. It only seems to be a Middle east thing

Being born and growing up in the west, i never came across Sharaih Law untill ISIS became a thing
Didn't even realise you were Muslim, i thought we were talking about religions lol.

Lol XP. I wouldnt have refuted your comments unless if i had actually grown up with islam since in doing so ive learnt how to distniguish the truth from the false.

It's not like christians and other religions try to force everything down everyone's throats.
They're trying way too hard to manipulate somebody to believe in their religion.

Lots of religions do this and to my shame some people within islam are doing the same thing.

People should be allowed to believe in whatever they want as long as it isnt extremeism

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lmao.... Christians dont try to force their beliefs on people? Pls. I dont have enough fingers and toes to count how many times they have done that to me personally. And other religions? ...have you seriously never heard of a jahovas witness? They literally go door to door trying to convert people.

D

Deleted User

Lmao.... Christians dont try to force their beliefs on people? Pls. I dont have enough fingers and toes to count how many times they have done that to me personally. And other religions? ...have you seriously never heard of a jahovas witness? They literally go door to door trying to convert people.
somebody can't read sarcasm it seems.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of the expressed views on this forum is actually quite disappointing to me--

Yes, religions do have their flaws. It has history that is dated back to several eras ago; and it is not true that everyone follows the practices done that were considered 'normal' in that society (Not saying that I support this type of view, first of all). But is it true that everyone (Muslims, Christians, any other follower of another religion) has the same stance today? No. In 2017, I really find it surprising that people STILL generalize each other as a whole.

Please remember there are Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, or whatever who are peaceful; anti misogyny, educated, anti-terrorist, anti [insert race here] supremacist. I shouldn't have to say this. Yes; there are actions of many who think they are acting in the name of their religion; but that should be irrelevant. You people must understand it's the human and his or her mind. Not the faith he or she believes they are representing.

Last edited by ComeTurismO,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh.
When it comes to stuff like this, this is the creed I adhere to:

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. "

Oh but don't mind me, carry on, thread. *eats popcorn.
I agree completely, but I'd add the sentiment "what is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" to it for clarity's sake.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, they wouldn't Muslims have no sizeable majority any of the places that have rights for Gays & women, and when Muslims do have a sizeable population those rights don't exist.

I'm not looking at the past the only place where Stoning is still legal is Muslim countries and it is a routine occurrence.

There are 15 countries in which stoning is either practiced or authorized by law, even if it has never been practiced. In Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria (in one-third of the country's states), Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen, stoning is a legal punishment.

If you want the video evidence send me a request via PM and I will keep your inbox filled for the next year.

To claim their is any parity at all when it comes to respect for basic human rights, life, freedom between Muslims and the rest of the world is spitting in the face of every person on the planet where women can drive, not get stoned to death, doesn't have FGM, be-headings, or a cultural acceptance of "Killing the infidels".

Stop trying to claim Buddhists are just as likely to chop someones head off, it's a bigoted a lie.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, but it sure isn't evidence of existence either.

There isn't a single logical reason to believe in any God. Not even one.

To convince me that there's a God all I need is some solid evidence. I don't think that's unreasonable.

If you ask a religious person what it would take to convince them that there is no God, chances are they'll say it's not possible. That already tells you that something fishy is going on.

Religion gives you all the answers so you don't ask questions.

Reactions: osaka35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...