ROM Hack Music Change?

DaiKenKi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
There the possibility to change the music of Pokemon Platinum ? My Objective is: Put the music of Pokemon BW in Pkm Platinum. Please Help me...
happy.gif

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DaiKenKi said:
There the possibility to change the music of Pokemon Platinum ? My Objective is: Put the music of Pokemon BW in Pkm Platinum. Please Help me...
happy.gif
It'll require quite a bit of work, and you may have to individually recode the songs themselves, because if I recall Platinum uses the same set of instruments for all battle music, and I believe B&W might not.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First just try it as you would any undub- we used to swap out sound files for smaller ones and it would usually work (if it did not chances are it was just one of the games ndstool could not rebuild properly).

It might not totally work and you might have battle music in a pokecentre or something but from then on it is your basic music swap hack possibly with a bit of renaming if you want to do that (the DS calls it by number/ordinal I think with the names being somewhat extraneous):
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122534
Possible exception- if there is more music in Platinum than BW then what usually happens is a sound will fail to play. You can add sounds but it is a pain so instead I suggest you find an acceptable sound and point to the same thing (you add a new entry in the header and make it point to an existing file.

Instruments should not be a problem as that is all internal to the SDAT file- the DS will say play song 10 (or perhaps a name which you then might have to change) and the sdat player will load up the instruments required from it using internal data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1