XP
Country
Iran
Hi all !!!!
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

my question is, is it possible to play multiplayer with patched rom in g6 with another ds with same g6 and same patched game?
i mean both guys have same g6 and they (obviously) use patched roms.
is it possible?
or is it possible to play between two guys whom one has patched rom with g6 and another has official cartridge of game?
thnx!!!!!!!!!
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
my question is, is it possible to play multiplayer with patched rom in g6 with another ds with same g6 and same patched game?

or is it possible to play between two guys whom one has patched rom with g6 and another has official cartridge of game?
Yes to both. 2 players with the same game on different flashcarts can also play multiplayer. Internet play also works.

Download play (1 DS with the rom on the G6 and another DS with no game in it) does NOT work in most cases. Everything else works just like a normal DS cart.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx guys.
i think/thought the patching process that Loader does and copies the game to your G6 makes it not 'original' so another DS will not accept downloading from it, so i was wrong? its possible?

another question is for games that have unique IDs, like animal crossing, which everyone has a unique number, is that just for internet mulitplayer? or its even for wifi? (2players, without internet).

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thnx guys.
i think/thought the patching process that Loader does and copies the game to your G6 makes it not 'original' so another DS will not accept downloading from it, so i was wrong? its possible?
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think decrypting the game from the original cart is what changes it so that download play usually doesn't work. The DSX has the best download play compatibilty and it patches on the fly(while the game is running), so patching isn't what breaks download play.

QUOTE said:
another question is for games that have unique IDs, like animal crossing, which everyone has a unique number, is that just for internet mulitplayer? or its even for wifi? (2players, without internet).
Friend codes are for locating people online. They are not used for local multiplayer.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
so it seems that both should have G6, right?
so if we have both G6 and same game in it, we can play multiplayer, right?
no DSs are flashed though.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
multiplayer should work ok, it's download play that needs flashed DS's in my experience. Haven't ran into problems playing multiplayer with other people with different setups and real carts.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi all !!!!Â
yaynds.gif
Â
yaynds.gif
Â
yaynds.gif
Â
yaynds.gif

Answer:Yes you can.

i mean both guys have same g6 and they (obviously) use patched roms.
is it possible?
Answer:Yes you can with the Same G6 or if the other person have another FlashCart or The person can have the Original Cart

thnx!!!!!!!!!
Answer:Yes you can as long as you are not trying to do :DOWNLOAD PLAY: If you want to do that The receiving DS must have FLASH-MEÂ installed on their DS or a Flash Cart
yaynds.gif
Â
yaynds.gif
Â
yaynds.gif

Edited by Killamurk07

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play specific kinds of multiplayer (online play, and with other people who have the same game as you) unfortunately, download play doesn't work. I'm not sure if flashing your DS can improve compatibility but I've heard it can before. I say it's not worth flashing for such a minor function...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/raspberry-pi/orangepi-and-huawei-collaborate-on-new-dev-board-with-m...