Hacking MrModchips.co.uk are terrible

stanneh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all i made a mistake ordering from mrmodchips.co.uk by ordering a ds tft screen when i should have ordered a ds lite tft screen i immediately noticed my mistake when i recieved the screen yesterday and opened a support ticket through their website where they basicaly brand me as dishonest and wont even entertain me returning it to them to inspect and replace it with a ds lite screen the following is my comments to their support ticket system and their replies.

QUOTE said:
hi im very sorry about this i ordered a nintendo DS TFT screen and i didnt realise it was different to the ds lite screen i still have it all in the packaging i only opened the box then realised i might have the wrong screen then checked the ds section of your site and noticed there was a different screen for the lite.

would it be possible to send this one back and get a replacement lite one please.

again sorry about this..

QUOTE said:
No sorry due to past customer dishonesty we do not accept any returns for correctly supplied items

Thanks

QUOTE said:
well look im not asking you to send one out before i return it you can see for yourself when you recieve it that there is nothing wrong with it.

look its a simple mistake i baught something and i changed my mind when i seen it if i had had it for 30 days and was asking you to send me a new item out before sending it back i could understand your concern but frankly i just recieved it yesterday and i have only opened the box to notice that its not the right item any shop is usualy compelled to exchange the item by law so what makes mrmodchips above this?

like i said it was my mistake and im sorry but your basicaly classifying me as some dishonest person with no real reason for it once again i am not asking you to send anything out to me until you have recieved the item back and inspected it for yourself please reconsider.

Sorry all decisions are final and not open for discussion or negotiation.

Thank You

so if like me you do not appreciate being branded as dishonest without reason and dont appreciate unreasonable customer services please avoid mrmodchips at all costs they simply dont care a less once they have got your cash.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel for you. I really do. But when you buy something online, where return policies can be non-existant, you really should be making damn sure you're buying the right product from the get go. It still sucks that they wouldn't take it back and I hope it didn't set you back by too much.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have the distance selling regulations on your side - you have 7days from the day after you received the package to return almost any product for any reason. If they don't inform you of this right then you have 30 days.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page24635.html

"
The main provisions of the Regulations are that:

• Consumers must be given clear information about the goods or services before buying;

• Goods must be delivered within thirty days unless agreed otherwise;

• Consumers have a cooling off period in which they can withdraw from the contract for any reason. The cooling off period begins as soon as the order has been made. In the case of goods, it ends seven working days after the day of receipt of the goods. In the case of services, it ends seven working days after the day the order were made. If the consumer agrees to the service beginning within the seven days, the right to cancel ends when the service starts; and

• Where consumers notify the supplier in writing or another durable medium that they wish to cancel the contract, they must be refunded within 30 days all money paid.
"

If they don't comply, goto trading standards or cosnumer direct and they'll contact them for you. If you paid by credit card you can also start a dispute and get your money back that way too (better to goto TS though - that way they'll be less likely to try it on with someone else in the future).

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's not very good customer service.. And they could have been a bit more lenient about it. But at the end of your day, it was your mistake. Oh well, that's a few less future customers for them!

I've heard a lot, and keep hearing a lot, of bad things about Mr.Modchips and personally wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Perhaps you can try selling/swapping the screen on our trading forums?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
You should threaten to sue them giving them the link & law articles mentionned above by 111111111. Making them realize they're in an illegal situation will probably and hopefully change their mind!

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
This'd be a lot easier if you hadn't opened the box
frown.gif
But here's a question: is the screen still inside a sealed plastic bag? (as in factory sealed and thus obviously not opened, not just bubble wrap stuck down with sellotape) If it is then try to use that fact to convince them it hasn't been tampered with.

I can see where they're coming from, with a spare part if someone sends them back the old broken one it's very hard for them as a retailer to prove that the broken part is what they recieved from the customer if the customer attempts to contest it with the card company. But if it's still factory sealed that should really help sort this mess out.

[Edit] Looking at their terms and conditions, they do clearly state that they do not replace incorrectly ordered goods. But they will refund "unwanted" goods. Isn't that a bit of a grey area, telling the difference between the two?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should threaten to sue them giving them the link & law articles mentionned above by 111111111. Making them realize they're in an illegal situation will probably and hopefully change their mind!

He doesn't even need to bother doing that, as trading standards will bring legal action against them if they fail to refund him.

You could take them to small claims court though, if want to make life even more difficult for them. =]

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like what you have is a situation where they had too many of the old style DS components, and they don't want it back since the old DS is no longer being made and it's getting harder to sell the old stock. So someone like you who purchased the wrong part gets the shaft.

Their reply to your original e-mail suggests that they have gotten burned with people buying the new screen, replacing it and trying to return the old worn out screen as if it was the one they originally sent.

In either case, it sounds like they are being dishonest in their handling of the situation. Regardless of past transactions and how they may have gotten burned, it still shouldn't affect the customer like that without being made clear that there are no returns on products bought. If they don't have any correspondence like that on their site, then you have a potential case against them since they violated consumer rights by denying a reasonable request.

Sue the bastards!

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
unlucky! mrmodchips is the only site that gets through my company firewall - was considering buying from them, but after your experience, i think i'll wait till i get home and buy my r4 from somewhere else

hope you get it sorted and thanks for alerting me!

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

He doesn't even need to bother doing that, as trading standards will bring legal action against them if they fail to refund him.

You could take them to small claims court though, if want to make life even more difficult for them. =]

Just report they are selling modchip - company go busted!
laugh.gif

losing the case not easy and you still need to paid for court fee

The best way to selling/swapping the screen on our trading forums like shaunj66 said
and hopely someone happy take it of you.

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Although they have a .co.uk domain, they are based in Thailand. That's why I think they don't give a sh1t about UK legal dispute.

Well the best thing that I think you should do is to sell the LCD on ebay or something, and buy one new elsewhere.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well they clearly state.

Code:
Incorrectly Ordered Goods
Goods incorrectly ordered by a customer cannot be returned for either store credit or refund. Please be 100% certain you are buying the correct item before purchase and that it is fully compatible with your own equipment.

so they did warn you technically, although its a bad policy on their part.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That are pretty bad, I got my M3 and Passkey from them (came as a package), they stated in the Passkey advert that it would work on all models of Nintendo DS (including Lite) when in fact it doesn't. When I reported this to them and asked for a refund as it was their fault they just said...

No sorry due to past customer dishonesty we do not accept any returns for correctly supplied items

Thanks

Luckily I know a solicitor and he kindly wrote them a letter, few days later their ad for Passkey was changed to say it didn't work on some models of NDS and said to do that colour test to say if itdoes or not, they then replied to my friend and said that that page never said that the passkey would work on all models reciting the page itself. Luckily for me I had the hindsight to actually download the page before it changed and with the help of my friend I got my money back.

I dunno if its still there but there is a notice on the site that does say that they are based in the UK and all products are shipped from the UK. They can get fined for that if its untrue.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That are pretty bad, I got my M3 and Passkey from them (came as a package), they stated in the Passkey advert that it would work on all models of Nintendo DS (including Lite) when in fact it doesn't. When I reported this to them and asked for a refund as it was their fault they just said...

Thanks

Luckily I know a solicitor and he kindly wrote them a letter, few days later their ad for Passkey was changed to say it didn't work on some models of NDS and said to do that colour test to say if itdoes or not, they then replied to my friend and said that that page never said that the passkey would work on all models reciting the page itself. Luckily for me I had the hindsight to actually download the page before it changed and with the help of my friend I got my money back.

I dunno if its still there but there is a notice on the site that does say that they are based in the UK and all products are shipped from the UK. They can get fined for that if its untrue.
Might as well have gone all the way and sued them for supplying mod chips but the fact that they're based in Thailand is a bit redundant. Seriously, I was giving serious thought to buying a PS2 mod chip from them but I can't find anyone willing to solder it in and I can't do it myself.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, I didn't realise they were operating from thailand - ignore my posts then. :! with the .co.uk I assumed they were operating from britain.

I don't know anything about thai law, but I doubt you'll get your money back. :

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2