Homebrew MPlayerCE v0.62 Released

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i would love to use mplayerce but always when i play an video file it stops somewhere in the middle of it.
i have this issue since version 0.5 and cant fix it. when i try to play the files which stop in an other player (geexbox) it works great.
frown.gif

has someone an idea how to fix this?

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madeirabhoy said:
dexter222 said:
botossi said:
Really??? if i do that USB Loader GX doesnt recognizes the Wbfs...
frown.gif

there isnt no other way?

USB Loader GX gets along fine with Mplayer ce - GX doesn't care if the wbfs partition is the second - or third - etc

You probably didn't set up both partitions as primary. You need to set up both partitions as primary partitions.

what does this mean, sorry if im being thick, whats a primary partition? i did the partition with mac os x disk utility, split the drive into two partitions, the first fat32, but there was no options for primary partitions...

also i separately tried my friend's cheap make media player usb drive which is one fat32 partition, and i tried a usb stick with just one avi file in the root folder of the drive, still nowt from mplayer ce....

uranuskiller thanks for the advice and for being patient, ill try and find the other cios.

Look around - you should see the option for "primary" somewhere.

I have 4.0u waninkoko with cIOS38 rev13 and Hermes cIOS for uLoader installed.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dexter222 said:
madeirabhoy said:
dexter222 said:
botossi said:
Really??? if i do that USB Loader GX doesnt recognizes the Wbfs...
frown.gif

there isnt no other way?

USB Loader GX gets along fine with Mplayer ce - GX doesn't care if the wbfs partition is the second - or third - etc

You probably didn't set up both partitions as primary. You need to set up both partitions as primary partitions.

what does this mean, sorry if im being thick, whats a primary partition? i did the partition with mac os x disk utility, split the drive into two partitions, the first fat32, but there was no options for primary partitions...

also i separately tried my friend's cheap make media player usb drive which is one fat32 partition, and i tried a usb stick with just one avi file in the root folder of the drive, still nowt from mplayer ce....

uranuskiller thanks for the advice and for being patient, ill try and find the other cios.

Look around - you should see the option for "primary" somewhere.

I have 4.0u waninkoko with cIOS38 rev13 and Hermes cIOS for uLoader installed.

the only option in disk utilities is to choose one of the following

GUID partition table
apple partition map
master boot record

and i chose master boot record as that says 'to use the disk to start up DOS and WIndows computers, or to use with devices that require a dos compatible or windows compatible partition;

there are no other options.

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MPlayer is awesome. I have been using this over my XBMC now for a while. I can finally let my xbox take a dust nap and just focus on my wii.

Thanks for your hard work and efforts it is greatly appreciated.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
glad some think so!
smile.gif

I do, I really appreciate how far this project has come.

I've not had one crash since upgraded to the latest version (I have a 150GB Fat32 partition on my HD).

USB2 loading is fantastic, starting a movie is quick, seeking is quick etc. I can't remember the last time I used Geexbox or another player.

I've even stopped using samba shares as there is no need with a FAT32 parition that size.

As soon as you guys implement sequential play without the need for playlists (can't you create them on the fly?) it'll be almost perfect.

Keep up the great work team!

p.s. Is there anyway to copy PC files to an HD attached to the wii yet? That would be awesome!

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Been using this for a while, works great. I'm trying to convert some dvd cartoons to avi to watch on the wii.
What is the best setting to convert it to. Stuff from the internet plays great. DVD conversion plays kinda slow or shudders. I'm using CloneDVD Mobile and can't figure out the right setting.

glukriek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,

I have an issue with the player.
I updated today to 4.0U using Waninkoko updater, I installed DVDX via the BootMii installer then MplayerCE.
Worked great for USB and SD but not for DVD, either files or movie. It says it is mounting it but nothing happen.
From what I read here I needed to install the cios202. I downloaded it from the mplayerCE webpage (the version 3) and installed it (with default options).
The DVD still wasn't working.
Just to make sure, I uninstalled DVDx and reinstalled it but still no luck...

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Edit: i got a 00000001 folder on the root of the SD...

glukriek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks,

I am still confused with the Wiki....

"If you have installed a previous version of the USB 2.0 cIOS you must use AnyTitle Deleter to remove it before installing.

In the installer, choose to install as IOS202 using IOS36."

I installed it as IOS 222, do I need to delete it with ATD before reinstalling as IOS 202?

"You must then then install DVDx using advanced mode and selecting IOS202. Even if you don't plan on playing DVDs this is necessary for MPlayer CE to detect if the cIOS is installed."

Does it means I need to use the 3.4 installer?

Last question, the 3.4 installer is a .elf, what is the best program to read it?

Thanks

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
glukriek, look, just follow the wiki, you probably don't need to "use" Any Title Deleter (just incase we put that in wiki) also IOS202=usb2 homebrew IOS222=usb2.0 for wii backups HDD stuff from hermes! do not ever get confused. easy process, can't follow a simple wiki, just leave it.

glukriek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry if I pissed you off, I am just asking questions to understand. Even if I don't post a lot I've been looking at this site for years, I am not a 12 years old begging for answers and making 10 posts for the same thing.

I got the IOS thing, thanks, I just wasn't sure that you could have the two versions (202 and 222) installed together.

but:

"Users with System Menu 3.4 or higher will not be able to use USB2.0 with MPlayer CE because the DVDx installer for this system does not have an advanced mode ... You must then then install DVDx using advanced mode and selecting IOS202"

I am trying my best to religiously follow the Wiki but it still confuses me... Would you mind clarify? Is the hackmii installer enough (I am on 4.0) or do I need the 3.2 installer with advance mode?

Thanks in advance.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
sorry if i sound bad, yes you need the pre 3.4 dvdx installer, hackmii is no good for you.
We have that wiki in place in regards to a tomdick who has never installed a cIOS and had no fake signing allowances etc, going by the legit dvdx install etc, sorry to confuse the situation, reply when you get it done.

glukriek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Worked like a charm!

I am sure that you'll have to answer many many dumb question all the time, I guess I took the heat a little but no worries! I have a similar problem with a dumb Korean working for me... and sometimes I unfold on other people so I understand.

Anyway thanks a lot, I really appreciated your help.

Glukriek

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Worked like a charm!

I am sure that you'll have to answer many many dumb question all the time, I guess I took the heat a little but no worries! I have a similar problem with a dumb Korean working for me... and sometimes I unfold on other people so I understand.

Anyway thanks a lot, I really appreciated your help.

Glukriek
great, glad all is fine now
smile.gif
and yeah I am always having to help guys in this section. only do it when im bored for a few mins here and there, heh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol