Homebrew MPlayerCE v0.62 Released

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tadghd said:
this release (and previous ones) playback video fine for me, but ever once in a while it will stop video playback and return to the app menu and i'll have to re-mount usb stick before i can play the video again. sometimes seems random, sometimes happens at the same point in a video file. running off usb hdd and usb flash sticks. i have cios 202 installed, connected to port 0.

any ideas why this happens?
If you did not read my previous posts, I was experiencing the same issues when I figured out that the culprit could possibly be the Hermes cIOS 202 I used from the MPlayer CE Google page. That one was giving me lots of random stops.

I switched to the cIOS 202 that came with Hermes' uLoader 1.9 and its now working great! I still might get a stop once in a while if I leave a flick paused for a long time or switch between menus, but its more rare then it was when I used the other cIOS 202.

Hope that helps and remember, USB 2.0 will only work on USB Port 0 in the back of the Wii.
smile.gif

tadghd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
tadghd said:
this release (and previous ones) playback video fine for me, but ever once in a while it will stop video playback and return to the app menu and i'll have to re-mount usb stick before i can play the video again. sometimes seems random, sometimes happens at the same point in a video file. running off usb hdd and usb flash sticks. i have cios 202 installed, connected to port 0.

If you did not read my previous posts, I was experiencing the same issues when I figured out that the culprit could possibly be the Hermes cIOS 202 I used from the MPlayer CE Google page. That one was giving me lots of random stops.

I switched to the cIOS 202 that came with Hermes' uLoader 1.9 and its now working great! I still might get a stop once in a while if I leave a flick paused for a long time or switch between menus, but its more rare then it was when I used the other cIOS 202.

Hope that helps and remember, USB 2.0 will only work on USB Port 0 in the back of the Wii.
smile.gif

tried that but hermes cios installer doesn't seem to work on my wii, just hangs after you select the base IOS, tried it many times. i managed to find a .wad dump of hermes cios202 which i've been using, but i assume it's not the latest. is the installer bug ever going to be fixed?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tadghd said:
jservs7 said:
tadghd said:

smile.gif

tried that but hermes cios installer doesn't seem to work on my wii, just hangs after you select the base IOS, tried it many times. i managed to find a .wad dump of hermes cios202 which i've been using, but i assume it's not the latest. is the installer bug ever going to be fixed?
Did you try to see if a folder was created on your SD card that looks like 00001? (Something like that
tongue.gif
) If you do, delete it.

Also, try CAREFULLY deleting the cIOS202 that you already had on your system (assuming you had a prior version) with AnyTitleDeleter.

Hope you can get it to run.

CJLopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any1 knows if this will play HD videos?

Recent codecs are proving hard to watch anime on this application, making the video either to skip frames, try keep up with sound but subs are way too off, or just be amzingly unwatchable.

I have only this problem with recent releases of anime, cuz I can see anime from a year ago or so (tried the first naruto shippuden movie by dattebayo fansubs and worked perfectly, then tried the latest Bleach episode and men, it was unwatchable)

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Any1 knows if this will play HD videos?no it won't http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/h264

QUOTEs there a fix for the settings not saving after exiting?

like 4:3 to 16:9 and other options like this?
if you want it to always be in 16:9 add aspect option to mplayer.conf like aspect=1.7777

CJLopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, if my Wii cant decode h264 and neither can PS3 (besides, the fact that it dropped some ACC codecs last firmware update), then my only solution to watch anime on my tv is

1.- connect my laptop to my tv (had done it before, thought with either this homebrew or my ps3 would stop doing it)
2.- stream from my pc to my ps3 via the ps3media server.
3.- Convert all my anime to any other codec that Wii can handle. i'll be looking for those 300 to 50 mb anime compressors, see if it works

Shame, but then again, the wii wasn't designed to run hd content, less run media, so its not nintendo's fault, they created a Video Game Console with basic media features. i'd just love that they updated the flash version on the opera browser

botossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I cant make my SEAGATE AGENT 500 desk work with MPlayer CE... with GEEXBOX works, but with MPlayer doesnt.
My primary particion is WBFS and the second is FAT32... when i select the WII USB option it shows nothing....

Is there a fix for it?

Wiinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
botossi said:
I cant make my SEAGATE AGENT 500 desk work with MPlayer CE... with GEEXBOX works, but with MPlayer doesnt.
My primary particion is WBFS and the second is FAT32... when i select the WII USB option it shows nothing....

Is there a fix for it?

In order for Mplayer ce to read the hard drive, the first partition has to be the fat32 and the second wbfs

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
botossi said:
Really??? if i do that USB Loader GX doesnt recognizes the Wbfs...
frown.gif

there isnt no other way?

USB Loader GX gets along fine with Mplayer ce - GX doesn't care if the wbfs partition is the second - or third - etc

You probably didn't set up both partitions as primary. You need to set up both partitions as primary partitions.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i was on soft modded 4.0 and this wouldnt find my usb2 verbatim 1tb drive which is formatted in 2 partitions, 1. fat32 2.wbfs.

the wii can see the 2nd partition through usb loader.

it cant see the 1st partition, or at least mplayerce cant. is there any other way to see if the wii can see the partition?

i downgraded back to 3.2e.

installed the cios_usb2 beta 3. weirdly it didnt give me any options, whereas some sights said i should be choosing to install 202 over 36. for me it just installed and said okay.

i installed dvdx advanced, 202.

ran mplayerce, still cant see my usb drive...

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is there a forwarder for MPlayerCE? I can only find the "multi-forwarder"; I prefer have a forwarder specifically for MPlayerCE only...wadder.net

QUOTEi was on soft modded 4.0 and this wouldnt find my usb2 verbatim 1tb drive which is formatted in 2 partitions, 1. fat32 2.wbfs.

the wii can see the 2nd partition through usb loader.

it cant see the 1st partition, or at least mplayerce cant. is there any other way to see if the wii can see the partition?

i downgraded back to 3.2e.

installed the cios_usb2 beta 3. weirdly it didnt give me any options, whereas some sights said i should be choosing to install 202 over 36. for me it just installed and said okay.

i installed dvdx advanced, 202.

ran mplayerce, still cant see my usb drive...
don't use the old cIOS from kwiirk, use the NEW updated and improved by hermes and rodries available at mplayers google code downloads page... follow procedure, using correct prt, make sure FAT32 partition is active primary, try pressing browse file usb on mplayer a few times to wake the drive up.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dexter222 said:
botossi said:
Really??? if i do that USB Loader GX doesnt recognizes the Wbfs...
frown.gif

there isnt no other way?

USB Loader GX gets along fine with Mplayer ce - GX doesn't care if the wbfs partition is the second - or third - etc

You probably didn't set up both partitions as primary. You need to set up both partitions as primary partitions.

what does this mean, sorry if im being thick, whats a primary partition? i did the partition with mac os x disk utility, split the drive into two partitions, the first fat32, but there was no options for primary partitions...

also i separately tried my friend's cheap make media player usb drive which is one fat32 partition, and i tried a usb stick with just one avi file in the root folder of the drive, still nowt from mplayer ce....

uranuskiller thanks for the advice and for being patient, ill try and find the other cios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over