OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
Is there anyway to play mp3 while playig QuakeDS? is there any option to put some mp3s in a folder and listen to them while shotgunning some ogres?
i know mp3 playback itself needs more processing power than DS's CPU itself, but its worth asking. (maybe at lower bitrates)

BTW, i donno its covered here or not, the latest quakeds_271007_r3 version is much better than older one that i was using, plz be sure to check the EXRAM features too if ur using a SLUT-2 device.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i found that for Symbian Ports (and maybe Dos game itselft) it needs a cdaudio folder in id1 that should have mp3 file names from 1.mp3 to 10.mp3 but the problem is QuakeDS doesnt recognize BGMVOLOUME in config file, maybe he removed the mp3 playback feature.

and for being slow, the mp3 playback seemed that works with second cpu, so no slowdown, seems.

does anyone know email of QuakeDS developer?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i read there was mp3 support that used second cpu, u can find it on most dev sites.

btw, i was talkin about quakeds_271007_r3, is it same as prerelease 3?

thnx for ur answer.

how much did u play? in episode 2, in i think 2nd or 3rd level, after going over a bridge, the game goes like 1fps! what to do?

dualscreenman

Trophies
Website
kodewerx.net
XP
Country
United States
You probably read that he was trying to do that. In prerelease 3 (which is quakeds_271007_r3) he didn't put the feature in because it was too taxing on the system.

Oh, and is that level by any chance the wind tunnels? That's a problem with not having enough memory. Pre-release 2 didn't have that problem. Simon J Hall (the developer) knows about this.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
no, its like bridge between to castles (episode 2 is like castles ...), and a giant crawler is attacking, then it goes to 1fps. its probably leaking the memory since i think quake is loading the next castle (if i'm right with BSP).

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
does any one have email address of QuakeDS developer? cant seem to find it.

i want to ask him about Mp3 playback, it would really rock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY