Switch Oled won't detect right joy-con after installing picofly

jeka1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
After i installed picofly on , right joy-con won't charge and detect any more and it works only wireless. Flex and everything is in perfect condition. And I'm not the only one who has this problem (from what i found on the internet). What can be wrong ???

fififromfrance

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i have the exact same problem, tried everything i read but no luck, changed the rail but that didn't solve the problem... Did you find a solution ?
Post automatically merged:

Maybe a damaged component during the modding. If somebody knows which components are involved in joycons détection and how to test them, that would help a lot...

Last edited by fififromfrance,

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Add me to the list of people trying to solve this. After modding my first OLED using the reballing of the eMMC method, had this exact problem with the right joy con not detecting. Haven't seen this problem since so I want to solve this.
I've compared diode readings around the connector and chips on the back with a known good board and didn't find any obvious faults. Last I looked, the enable pin wasn't active when the joy con was inserted. This enable line comes from the SOC unfortunately. Will update this thread if I find anything.

UPDATE: It's now fixed!!! I take no credit and found the solution on another forum by user setryky:
Issue was a cut trace from opening the shield. To fix, I cut away part of the frame and bridged the broken trace and now the right joy con connects with the animation. Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• 46c67dfed57338beac57dd371299079cb7acaf5e_2_684x500.jpeg
    46c67dfed57338beac57dd371299079cb7acaf5e_2_684x500.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by karatefeet,

fififromfrance

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot for your update. I will have a look around the SOC (when i have Time, unfortunately) . I will post here if i find something...

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Add me to the list of people trying to solve this. After modding my first OLED using the reballing of the eMMC method, had this exact problem with the right joy con not detecting. Haven't seen this problem since so I want to solve this.
I've compared diode readings around the connector and chips on the back with a known good board and didn't find any obvious faults. Last I looked, the enable pin wasn't active when the joy con was inserted. This enable line comes from the SOC unfortunately. Will update this thread if I find anything.

UPDATE: It's now fixed!!! I take no credit and found the solution on another forum by user setryky:
Issue was a cut trace from opening the shield. To fix, I cut away part of the frame and bridged the broken trace and now the right joy con connects with the animation. Hopefully this helps.
I'd like to know how you managed to break the trace in that area knowing this has nothing to do with the modchip installation. My guess you poked hard on the wedge to inflict this type of damage.

Reactions: SkullHex2

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to know how you managed to break the trace in that area knowing this has nothing to do with the modchip installation. My guess you poked hard on the wedge to inflict this type of damage.
I cut the trace when opening the cpu shield to install the cpu flex. The trace runs across one of the latches and I used too much force using tweezers opening the latch. Lesson learned and now use a needle instead.

fififromfrance

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Eureka ! That was not a cut trace for me. It was the flex connector on the
Switch motherboard that didn't make contact with every "pin" (sorry for my Bad english) on the flex cable. To solve this i put a band of kapton under the flex to make it thicker. Put it back in the connector and tadaaaa ! It worked. I'm ready to bet that most of the problems with right joycon after disassembly come from here. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PXL_20240111_165536525~2.jpg
    PXL_20240111_165536525~2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 29

LtCMDstone

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey are there other ideas?
I have a similar problem after installing my picofly.
The joycon still charges but no handheld mode.

The kapton trick doesn't work.
I don't have the mentioned trace cutted.
Also swapped the rail.

Nothin works, any ideas what I can check or do?

Harak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You solved your problem? I have the same problem.
Hey are there other ideas?
I have a similar problem after installing my picofly.
The joycon still charges but no handheld mode.

The kapton trick doesn't work.
I don't have the mentioned trace cutted.
Also swapped the rail.

Nothin works, any ideas what I can check or do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone