Hacking Moving Emunand to a new SD

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I want to know if I can somehow partition a new SD card and then inject an emunand backup with the emunand tool. The idea is to not go through the whole "Format Emunand" from the gateway launcher and find something more sofisticated than clone the whole sd with a disk cloning tool and then modifying the fat32 partition end.

Extra points if you can point to some tool that actually makes the partition before restoring the emunand backup.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can dump/backup your EmuNAND with EmuNAND Backup Tool. You can also inject it back into sysnand via gateway menu if you want to restore your old nand before you unlinked them.

No, you cannot use one 3DS' emunand on a different 3DS.

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can dump/backup your EmuNAND with EmuNAND Backup Tool. You can also inject it back into sysnand via gateway menu if you want to restore your old nand before you unlinked them.

No, you cannot use one 3DS' emunand on a different 3DS.

I don't really understand fully what you tried to say, but forget about the 3ds. I want to restore an emunand backup into a new SD without emunand partition and without powering up the 3ds.

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get emunand backup tool on PC. Then use it to backup your emunand from the first SD card, and inject it into the new card.

Uring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
What I did a format emunand on the new sd and after that injected the emunand backup, emunand backup tool andgateway.

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For searchers delight: Decrypt9 can dump and inject emunand partition directly and you can swap the card inside Decrypt9 unmounting it so the fastest procedure would be something like this:
1. Copy old SD files to a folder in PC.
2. Put old SD on 3ds
3. Run Decrypt9
4. Dump emunand partition
5. Unmount SD and copy emunand dump to new SD on PC
6. Put new SD on 3ds
7. Go back and Inject emunand partition
8. Unmount SD and copy old SD files to new SD on PC
9. Put new SD on 3ds
10. Go back and reboot. Everything should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1