ROM Hack Move save file from flashcart onto original game cart?

harryohh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

From what i understand the new pokemon games launching in March have a built in infrared port on the cart for use with the pokewalker.
I order the games online and then play the ROM until the game arrives in the post.

But since i want to be able to use the pokewalker will I be able to move the save file from my Acekard to the game cart when it arrives?

I'm aware of the NDS Backup Tool but since I'm using a DSi it doesn't work.

Are there any alternatives for me?

Apologies if in the wrong section!

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend Savsender (a homebrew that sends the save file from your computer to the card in the DS via wifi) or the NDS Adaptor (a USB device that sends the save file from your computer to the card inserted in the device.) Google savesender if you want to use that, and if you want to use the USB adapter I got mine from Kick gaming. Both methods work, but savsender might need multiple tries.

harryohh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the replys but it seens this doesn't work on the DSi either.

I keep getting 8kb .sav files.I did some googling and it doesn't seem to be confirmed working on the DSi anywhere.

LoneSyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been forever since I posted here....

Anyways, if it doesn't work on your DSi, I suggest finding someone with an NDS/L to help you do it using your flashcart.

harryohh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all for the help.

Instead of paying an extra $20 to get the adapter i'll just wait the extra few days to play the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock