Hacking Most likely the 3DS can achieve custom firmware!!!!!!!

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Weren't there some hacks for the late PSP models that requires you to trigger it everytime?
Those are still called CFW.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Not even close.

maybe not a complete true fw, but i would say it is close...
what are your thoughts? why is it not even close?

This... Right here... The firmware is still stock. Emunand is as close as you can get to CFW.. But it still is not.
ah, i see, you now agree

It might be just be me, but i wouldn't conclude that a modified NAND image being booted from removable media inside the console and then having to navigate through menus with buttons presses to actually launch, constitutes the definition of "custom firmware"

remember, you don't need emunand. you can use gw fine without it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If gateway thinks they can make custom firmware, they must have access to the bootloader then? Which, I highly doubt!

:rofl2:
They got the 7.x keys - they probably decapped the CPU already. If anyone can find an exploitable bug in the bootloader, it's them. Maybe they already have, for all we know.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone could probably port ppsspp to the 3ds too, and run cube.elf at 0.01 FPS, but it will never happen, just like if a way to install a persistent CFW was ever found, it would never be released "because piracy being done by anyone but me is very bad!"

Reactions: Margen67

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone could probably port ppsspp to the 3ds too, and run cube.elf at 0.01 FPS, but it will never happen, just like if a way to install a persistent CFW was ever found, it would never be released "because piracy being done by anyone but me is very bad!"

You can't even want anything either. That's being ~entitled~ :tpi:

Reactions: Subtle Demise

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it is possible. A few people on here have had it for personal use for quite a while. Aside from the leaked (very buggy) CFW, it will probably not be something that will be released for the masses. Unless GW's new exploit is reverse engineered, 4.x will still be needed.

Reactions: Margen67

laramie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, emunand is a temp cfw... And I know about my email and personal info. I left it so that way people can't say I made a fake email with fake info.. I'm never this sloppy, but I thought you'd like to see my email does match to my user name. Not the email but hell, it proves to be legit. And gateway isn't a cfw.. And also the bootloader? Bro this isn't a phone, its a console which means it has an operating system thats composed of a operating system image with encryptions...

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/43223/firmware

Definition of:firmware
(FIRM softWARE) Software instructions residing in non-volatile memory chips that hold their content without power. Firmware is found on computer motherboards to hold hardware settings and booting data (seeBIOS) and on myriad consumer electronics devices to hold the operating system or control program.

Loading a modified nand temporarily is not a firmware. Its just as moronic as calling every software exploit these days a jailbreak. Things are not all the same thing.

D

Deleted User

So emunand is firmware, because they are software instructions residing on non-volatile memory chips (SD card) that hold their content without power.

Reactions: Nollog

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro