Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Mine has to be the Lambent Chicken Easter Egg from Gears of War 3!
"Heloooooo!" :rofl2: :creep:

You can get this on any difficulty, so it doesn't matter!
In Act 1-1, when you arrive at the location when there are 4 open pipes, you go in front of them and press "X". It should say "Helooo!" every time you do it, so if you manage to do it all 4 times, then a chicken will come out from the pipe you last shout into. Then you shoot it, but be careful not to kill it, because you'll have to restart the Act! After you shoot it a couple of times it should transform into a giant golden chicken that will try to kill you with flamethrowers! That's it, now try to survive it! :creep: :rofl2:
I just had so many fun with this one! :rofl2:

lancaster000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Yoshi Doll in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. It would have been pretty cool if you could hit his head and his tongue pops out.

enhanced-buzz-22412-1355845641-5.jpg

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I allowed to post an easter egg for a game console??? If so, then my easter egg would be the special intros for the Gamecube initially turning on.

If not, then my videogame-specific easter egg is the Megaman blaster being a weapon in Dead Rising 1 (not 2). I never got to play the 2nd one, so I wouldn't know if it was or wasn't included in that one.

P.S. I am at my college right now. If there are issues with doing this, I can re-post this at my house if needed.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there is an area accesible by jet-pack (the bridge in between San Fierro and Las Venturas) At the top, there is a message that says "There are no Easter Eggs up here. Go away."
*pic*
Despite the message being that there are no easter eggs there, that in itself is an easter egg.
My favourite Easter Egg is the one that one is a reference to (probably). In GTA 3, there was a hidden (and supposedly inaccessible) alley you could only reach by finding a car small enough to fit into a certain stairwell and then using the car as a ladder to reach a roof of a building overlooking the alley - basically, you had to know it was there - and there you found this sign on the wall:

XqD8lHf.png

And there was a similar thing (it was really a bug) in Quarantine, where you could reach the inactive parts of the city by somehow managing to skip the barrier wall between the city blocks that was supposed to keep the stages of the game apart (it was difficult but not impossible). The "inactive" parts of the map were completely empty and dead, there were no cars or pedestrians, and nothing was working. And you could ride around but you couldn't advance the game without returning to the "active" area where all the current missions were.

Deep in The Caribbean...
The theme song started playing in my head when I read that :lol:

I remember being very confused by that part in the first game, and then laughing my ass of when I encountered it in MI3, years later.

And you, my friend, deserve the prize for that post alone ^_^

Reactions: NahuelDS

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deep in The Caribbean...
The theme song started playing in my head when I read that :lol:

I remember being very confused by that part in the first game, and then laughing my ass of when I encountered it in MI3, years later.
hahaha lol I had the same experience as yours.
The Monkey Island games are full of easter eggs, inside jokes and references to older games and other franchises. With every play-though I discover something new. The stump one it's just one of many!... but it's the funniest one. :lol:

And you, my friend, deserve the prize for that post alone ^_^
haha thanks! I will kill for a DS2 Temp edition. Let's see if I'm lucky enough :creep:
But I just made the post for the lolz, I hope you all have a good laugh with it :P

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my favs is the slow-motion mode in Ghouls and Ghosts for the Sega Genesis... You could enable it and step through frame by frame in the game. Made the kills/getting hit hilarious.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My all time favorite Easter egg for Diablo II was not the cow level as many have already posted, that was a good one but this one for Diablo II was hilarious if you have a twisted sense of humor.

This glitch only effected the Korean client for Diablo II, those guys who would join your game and say "Give me free stuff!!! Kekekekekek!!!" Well if you typed in a whole bunch of periods in the chat window it would boot them out of your game. Seems that in the Korean language font that the "." takes up two spaces so when you filled up the allowed space with it this would cause some sort of glitch.

The fun part was Blizzard patched the flaw but if you added a a couple of random spaces it would still trigger the glitch... So Blizzard had to patch it again.

I miss my Occy rings.... lol

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Acetonide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god, this is so hard to pick.. ._.''

I guess right now it's The Secret Office in Batman Arkham Asylum.. There's a lot of other interesting references to pop culture and literal easter eggs, or the first known ones... Ones from ancient games people are only finding recently.. x]] I don't know... It's just I ran across this one again recently and it was interesting.. I also like the fact that it doesn't show up in detective mode, proving you can't trust the game to help you find secrets... You must explore every wall yourself to test it's integrity.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, serious 999 spoilers here so be careful.
The characters are dressed in accordance with their abilities: Clover is wearing red, Snake blue. In the diagrams when it explains the telepathy, it shows red as senders, and blue as receivers. Akane is wearing blue, but her name means red, because she has both powers. Aoi isn't wearing either, but his name means blue. Junpei has both powers, and he's wearing both red and blue.
Just want to add that my brother figured this out

Reactions: porkiewpyne

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is probably my favorite easter egg in GTA Vice City involving a sketchy funeral home and a meat shop conveniently owned by the same people.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country

SO my all time favorite Easter Egg is the flight sim in Excel 97... However since it is not TECHNICALLY from a video game. Which means I go with The basketball court from Thief:

OR the teddy bear weapon from Prince of Persia:

Teddy_Bear.jpg

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the original Final Fantasy, when you get to Elfland, there is a grave that bashes Erdrick, or Link, depending on which version you played.

Pressing A while standing in front of it displays a message, "Here lies Erdrick (or Link)".

As far as I know, this was one of the first instances of breaking the fourth wall in a major video game. Considering when it came out, and the fact that Square was on its last legs, anyway, it was a ballsy move to encode a thinly veiled insult into what was going to be their last game.

Now that they are Squeenix, the irony is all the more delicious.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s