2. smealum

smealum growing up sucks.

United States
    mine would be the "secret" iceman cave in metal slug 3's second stage. :D

[​IMG]

3. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

United States
    I don't know if it truly counts as an Easter Egg, but I'd have to go with Culex from Super Mario RPG.

SuzieJoeBob and Rydian like this.
  4. lordrand11

lordrand11 The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.

United States
    The Banjo-Tooie easter egg showing Sabreman from their game Sabrewulf released in 1984 for the ZX Spectrum. Both were awesome games and it was an even more awesomely nostalgic cameo to see him in there!

5. TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth GBAtemp Fan

United States
  6. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Canada
    The plasma rifle that shoots the scarab gun laser in Halo 2.

7. LuckySteves

LuckySteves Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Silent hill 2. The dog ending.

God, when I first found out about that I laughed so hard; there is nothing like playing a crazy scary game then realizing a DOG has been controlling this whole world. If that's not the best Easter egg out there, I can't think of what is.

[​IMG]

SuzieJoeBob and GeorgeFoulds like this.
  8. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

9. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    When I bought my gba SP, I also bought a legit copy of WarioWare Twisted! I decided I would try to acquire 100% of mini-games and the last and most difficult one I had to get turned out to be to my surprise the WarioWare Twisted! game itself! When you selected it in the list of games, it showed an altered gba log and rebooted the game. Wanted to laugh and punch the developers face at the same time :lol:

10. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er
    Supervisor

Australia
    My personal favourite?

Was about to put the truck in FR/LG but then I remember the mother of all Pokemon easter eggs.

[​IMG]

Mew (in Gen 1)!

Yes, that's right. That little bastard. No, I am not insane. (Okay, maybe I am a lil. Shhh don't tell anyone) What do I mean?
    Because to think that even ol' Ninty didn't even know of its existence except the dude who secretly programmed it in, and it's not like a hidden sign or cleverly masked drawing of a penis. It's a core part of the game in itself. Good work Shigeki Morimoto!

Sorta off topic:
    Arceus, on the other hand, is the "secret" I hate the most because the it cannot be legitly caught in-game so to speak since the item needed to unlock the event was never distributed. :\

Woohoo. Entry #69

SuzieJoeBob likes this.
  11. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Mine is Zelda Skywards sword main theme is Zelda's lullaby when played backwards.
    And the cheese in PerfectDark.
    Also the hidden key in Banjo-Kazooie pointing to Banjo-Tooie in the ending credits.
    Pressing up in the ending sequence that makes mario clap during the end credits.
    Also the bullit bill tattoo on the canon guy;s arm in Zelda TP at lake Hylia.

Oh and that easter egg in the second post from portal is hardly an easter egg....
    There is actually a cake in that game....

12. dragonmaster

dragonmaster Ancient One

Greece
    well on super mario land 3d
    In the final battle with Bowser in World 8-Bowser's Lair, after you defeat him the first time, there will be a short section in which he will throw barrels at Mario while you try to advance up the falling platforms. This is a throwback to the original Donkey Kong game, where the titular character threw barrels at Mario, who was known as Jumpman at the time.

13. ZeroShift

ZeroShift Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Mine is the hidden Hadouken in Mega Man X. Nothing quite like a One-hit KO.

14. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Brazil
    I like the one in The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, where there are all those pictures from Mario in the windows of the Hyrule castle
    [​IMG]

may not be the funniest, but definitely a classic Easter egg :)

nukeboy95 and ekko25 like this.
  15. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Definitely Stop 'n' Swop from the Banjo-Kazooie series. There were secret objects you could find in Banjo-Kazooie, which you were then going to be able to transfer over to Banjo-Tooie by quickly taking out Banjo-Kazooie, and putting Banjo-Tooie in, while it was still loaded in memory.

It was implemented in the XBLA versions of Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie though, so people got to experience it after so many years of speculation.

16. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    You can catch mew in R/B english. At least two methods exploiting bugs to do it have been found.

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/mewglitch.html
    It generally involves starting a new game since you need to NOT fight a certain set of trainers until the end (whereas normally you'd fight them since they're there and it's EXP), but it works.

SuzieJoeBob likes this.
  17. GeorgeFoulds

GeorgeFoulds BrokenGeode
    Newcomer

'The Final Transmission' Easter Egg from Portal 2. Just the sheer effort that went into hiding it AND the fact that you have to use technology outside of the game to access it just adds to it. It's like a mini ARG!

SuzieJoeBob likes this.
  18. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er
    Supervisor

Australia
    Yea I know of that already LOL. Thing is, in the original Red/Green, it was not supposed to be exist, if that makes sense. They decided to put it in at the last minute AFTER they removed the debugger.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Ask...rain/1-Just-Making-The-Last-Train-225842.html

19. Geren

Geren GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    [​IMG]
    I loved the multiple special passwords on the original metroid. The most famous ones are NARPAS SWORD 00000 00000 and of course JUSTIN BAILEY ----- -----. The thing is, nobody knows who is justin bailey, which is quite interesting for me. Also, the "ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER" is very funny, specially on the 3ds VC release, since it crashes the system.

On another hand, in the recent FE: Awakening, it seems that the NA localization team had their bodies ready:
    mybodyisreggie.jpg

Traversal, loco365 and Rydian like this.
  20. punkyrule

punkyrule GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    THIS! Mini Ninjas + Hitman Absolution FTW!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - February, *Contest, Contest