1. Eity

Eity Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My favorite hmm... probably Missingno from Pokemon (its not really a secret, but something like that :))

2. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there is an area accesible by jet-pack (the bridge in between San Fierro and Las Venturas) At the top, there is a message that says "There are no Easter Eggs up here. Go away."
    [​IMG]
    Despite the message being that there are no easter eggs there, that in itself is an easter egg.

3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]
    Global Moderator

United States
    an interesting easter egg I found in ff2 anniversary edition for psp on a certain weapon
    found it while messing around with cwcheat (the only way to access it) they left a note in the description :P

[​IMG]

SuzieJoeBob, ekko25 and Toa_235 like this.
  4. Toa_235

Toa_235 Romantic_Carpet
    Newcomer

Croatia
    One of my favorites would be the pacman cheese from bioshock :D

Attached Files:

5. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    Doom I, II and Final has a lot of meaning for my gamer life, so I will pick up one easter egg of it.

On Doom II final boss the wake-up phrase says "To win the game, you must kill me, John Romero!" (you must play the sound backwards).

Edit: I'm surprised that nobody tells about Mew yet. Today pokemon secrets are shitty, but when mew was first discovered, the video game World trembled.

6. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

The Secret Cow Level in Diablo II. Spawned from the rumour that there was a cow level in Diablo, the developers did a nice fan service by actually coding a secret level into the sequel, making it an easter egg.

[​IMG]

MOOOOO!

SignZ and nukeboy95 like this.
  7. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Ooooh this is a tough one. I have three favourites.
    But since another memeber already said Chris Houlihan's secret room in A Link to the Past (or meant it, anyway).

Totaka's Song! In many many games. That's my favourite easter egg!

Rydian likes this.
  8. MarcusRaven

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    My favorite is when you find the skeleton of Raz from Psychonauts in Alice: Madness Returns.

9. HadHaw

HadHaw Newbie
    Newcomer

Norway
    Registered just to share my easter egg:

My favorite easter egg I found on my own, the 'Lost' numbers in Half life 2: Episode 2
    eastegg.jpg

SignZ and DinohScene like this.
  10. Kuragari Ryo

Kuragari Ryo Demon Fox

United States
    Mine's probably the Robotron 2084 easter egg that displays the game's credits in the game. It lasts as long as you want it to, but you had to do it while playing the game.. This would limit you to only being able to shoot upwards once you got the easter egg to work. Robotron was a fun game, though, kind of like an early Smash TV.

11. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

When I noticed the Mario painting in Link to the Past years ago, first easter egg I got.

12. Fluto

Fluto A potato in disguise

My favourite Easter egg is in Pokemon Fire Red. If you pirated the game and spoke to a character he would say "By the way, if you like this game, buy it or die."
    Imagine if you read that when you were a child XD
    image.jpg

SuzieJoeBob, nukeboy95 and NahuelDS like this.
  13. taken

taken GBAtemp Advanced Fan

My favorite Easter egg is in. Jedi Knight Dark Forces II. In level 5, you'll find the little dude from Sam and Max inside a civilian's house. You can fight him, but he beat you up. Bunnies are Nasty.

14. wolverine92

wolverine92 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Gotta say my favorite is the Easter eggs portal is filled with. Mainly being the cake is a lie

15. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    Deep in The Caribbean...
    ... lies an island with a mysterious forest.

In the farthest corner of this wood maze, I found just a regular old stump. I looked at this regular old stump, and realize there was a hole at base of it. After further inspection, I noticed that it was a tunnel that opened onto a system of catacombs! I tried to squeeze through, but it kept asking me to Insert Disk 22… and then Disk 36… and then Disk 114...

I searched day and night for two long years, but I couldn't find those elusive discs. So I just give up and skipped that part of the journey.

Seven years later... memories of that regular old stump still haunted my dreams. I was so obsessed with it, that I end up moving to another island, trying to get as far as I can from it. I was depressed, my life was a mess. The only thing that kept me alive was my girlfriend... she was made of solid gold :wub:

But this one night... (the night I died for the 2nd time) I was at the local bar, drowning my sorrows in alcohol, mixing drinks. I just wanted to forget… that regular old stump... I just want it to forget it all. A mix that I made with some eggs, pepper and the hair from the dog that bit me, turned out to be fatal. I just fainted on the floor.

After I woke up, I found myself inside a coffin. I managed to get out of it, only to found myself inside a vast system of catacombs. Exploring this dark and cold place, I found a hole in the ceiling of the crypt. I squeezed my head through it... it was a tunnel that opened on a deep dark forest... it looked familiar, as if I've seen it in a dream. When I turned my view down, I saw it... the horror... deep in the dark forest... it was, it was... just a regular old stump!
    and my head was stuck on it!!! Suddenly, I heard a loud scream... a terrifying horde of stunningly-rendered rabid jaguars! coming right at me!!!. Luckily, I was able to save my head. It was a good a thing that I couldn't get though that hole... though that regular old stump... again.

Now, every time I see a stump... I think of 114 discs, catacombs and jaguars. But I learned something from this terrifying experience, something that they won't teach you in school...
    ... there's more to stumps than meets the eye.

SuzieJoeBob and Veho like this.
  16. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes;Gate

Antarctica
    Any Mortal Kombat easter egg,but mainly Noob Saibot in Mortal Kombat 2.

17. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. It has a whole "secret" dungeon dedicated to the maker New World Computing. The dungeon is full of friendly peasants (normal NWC workers with their names) and a single enemy (Goblin King), who was the founder of the company, Jon Van Caneghem. Fun fact about the dungeon is also the blueprints: it's a very close replica of the original NWC offices and each worker is also in their own actual rooms. Below is the map of the area thanks to Pottsland.

A very office like map as you can see:

[​IMG]

18. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    SuzieJoeBob likes this.
  19. Par39

Par39 The Life Hacker

Finland
    I like the Memorial Shrine Easter Egg in Max Payne 2. It's a nice way to honour the developer that passed away.

Edit: Or the Fight Ganondorf with a bottle/Distract Ganondorf with Fishing Rod. Some King of Evil he is xD

Hells Malice likes this.
  20. Darkclow

Darkclow Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    i love the secret room/easter egg in Doom II on map-30 with John Romero''s head saying "To win the game, you must kill me, John Romero". backwards.
    also in the same room was his head on a stick behind the main boss demon (final boss). you had to use the noclip cheat to approach it.

i also love that in map 31-32 are close to E1M1 and E1M9, just in map 31 soldiers are replaced with SS Nazi and dogs are replaced with Demons. plus both maps (Map31-32) used Wolfenstein Textures.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - February, *Contest, Contest