Hacking more problems with my g6 lite -_-

x20a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so i started playing trauma center and then i saved whenever i finished a mission. so then i switched games and started playing bleach ds and beat the first story mode. then went back to trauma center to find my file not even there. went back to bleach and find that my file isnt there either. so i started panicing and decided to well reinstall the roms. went back to trauma center after that and tried to save but it shows up "attempt failed"....is there sumthing wrong with my g6 lite??? or is it sum other problem i dont no of?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the g6 lite is having trouble flushing the sram when it boots to the menu after playing a game. I would try the typical steps and start from scratch, low level formatting using mptutil, format the g6 in fat16, and clearing the main memory of the g6. If you have problems performing these operations, feel free to do a search or look @ recent posts here in this forum.

Flukes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I have a similar situation.

Recently my save games on the NDS aren't saving. I'll either save and the next time I enter the game, it'll be as if I never played or the game will just refuse to save, giving me a 'save failed' message or something similar.

I've charged and even left the g6 lite plugged into the USB of my pc for several hours but no luck.

What's wierd is that, GBA games are saving fine, the problem is just on the NDS side of things.

Should I take the steps tama_mog suggested or is there an easier way? To be honest I'm not really sure how to go about doing the things in his post.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is the thread on using the code to clear the main memory, has instructions:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37111

Before you do anything, backup all of your save files before proceeding with this. There is a mainteance utility that comes on your g6 cd, it's called mptutil, there's a readme in there on how to use it as well. It's real easy, no changing any options, just push ok a couple times and it'll do a low level format on the g6 lite for about 10-15 minutes (see blue LED flashing). Then afterwards, format the g6 lite in windows in FAT16. You can clear the main memory via the code above before or after the formatting. Here's a link to the mainteance utility if you have trouble finding it:

http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html

Under optional software.

Hope this helps you guys.

Flukes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it worked! The save games are staying as they should, and fingers crossed, things stay like that. Thanks again tama_mog.

EDIT: Urgh... I spoke too soon. The save files aren't staying at all again. I'll save, turn off the DS and the next time I go back in to play, no save file. Any other suggestions?

Also what could have caused this? Do you think it was upgrading the loader or something else? I don't think I had any problems until upgrading to v6.4A...

cry.gif

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey i got the the same kinda weird problems on my g6. my saves actually reverts to the a save file 2 days ago in animal crossing. i figured its because i meddled with the 'save to sram' 'sram to slot 1' '1 to sram' on ANOTHER rom. Happened twice already. This is freaking weird and the save files lost without me plugging into the computer. I know this is kinda absolutely useless infomation here but jus tot i share the weird habbits of g6 lite and its save system.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not sure what you did with the sram in terms of the combination of save transfers you did. But use the save menu to use slot1 and slot2 only if you want multiple saves for a rom or transfer a save file to the nds card. Playing with the sram without its usual behavior of flushing into bootup screen is asking for trouble.

Flukes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've done a bit more playing and testing and I think, I hope, that my saves not being registered is now actually only when I play MegamanZX. Previously I'd been using that game to test out whether or not my saves were staying after turning the NDS off and on again. That's also the game I've been trying to play the most recently.

I tried using a different game and the saves have stayed even after the saves in MegamanZX disappeared. So... has anyone else experienced any similar problems with this game? Or have I mis-diagnosed?

Flukes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm nearly completely fed up with the G6 lite. After more playing and testing, it's not just Megaman ZX that doesn't keep it's saved games. The formatting and maintenance utility doesn't seemed to have helped at all in the long run.

I'm going to email the G6 team with my problems and hope they can help and maybe format once more out of desperation but I am not happy.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everytime you boot back to the g6 menu, does it automatically flush the sram? It say loading please don't power off, something to that effect. That means it's writing the sram saves back into the .sav files. If not, you might be looking @ a battery issue here.

Flukes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everytime you boot back to the g6 menu, does it automatically flush the sram? It say loading please don't power off, something to that effect. That means it's writing the sram saves back into the .sav files. If not, you might be looking @ a battery issue here.

Yup, it does that too. This is one of the reasons I'm so frustrated, there's nothing obviously wrong with my G6 Lite. I get the message that it's loading and not to switch off the power, I can play games fine, I can even save GBA games and those ones stay. It's saving and keeping the saves for the NDS side of things that isn't working...

W

wes

With me some games have the "processing data" screen while others don't.. it is really crappy, i am very disappointed with this piece of hardware.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
only other thing I can think of is that the [EXACTGAMENAME].0, ".1, and ".2 are not in the correct location (same folder as the .nds game or named funny...but this is a hard mistake to make unless you're changing rom/save names/location after the u-disk prepares it for you. Does this ever happen when you soft reset back to the main menu? If it always saves when you soft reset back to the main menu but doesn't keep your save if you turn it off for a couple minutes and come back and play....then it is definitely a battery problem. If soft resetting saves everytime, then it is either a g6 hardware problem OR the reasons I formerly mentioned.

Flukes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just in case anyone else has the same problem, this is the reply I got from the G6 team:

QUOTE said:
It is strange .
We have not met such problem before .

Saving help here .
When you save your game progress in any DS Game, the DS will write that to
its memory. When launching a new rom and saving, it will overwrite the previous
save, so normally you can never save more then 2 games at once. However,
thanks to the G6, you can backup each save file in the form of slots.
Each game has 2 basic save slots on the menu, where you can backup the data to after you're done playing. After you are done playing a game, save your progress like you normally would, and turn off your DS. Now restart your DS and select the last game you played. Don't launch it yet! Instead, press SELECT and a little backup menu should show up. Now select "Backup to slot 1", or take Slot 2 if you want mutliple saves and you can now launch another rom! Easy right? Always remember to correctly backup your save games so you don't lose hours of gameplay!

Regards
Danny

frown.gif

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already knew about the .01 and .02 backup slots that Danny talks about, but I've never used them. Luckily I've never had any problems with my g6 (saving or corruption).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1