Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wahts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi what do you mean with :Update package: I can't help you with this.
Where can i get those update packages ?
Is there any way to make a hardmod on n3ds?

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Random question. Not even for the downgrading actually. Might be downgrading in a few weeks time for a n3DSXL and a 2nd o3DSXL but my curent CFW o3DSXL will suffice for now (waiting for all the bugs to be riddled out first).

Just wondering about unlinking emu/sys after setting up rxTools. I recall in the past I unlinked them before installing (probably due to outdated guides).

So unlinking before or after doesn't matter?

Last edited by skypirate123,

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the emunand setup doesnt seem to actually create a emunand partition on my sd...its says successfull but i dont see the emunand and no space is taken up

APE992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batch file doesn't work under Windows 7 Pro x64. Throws some errors about parameters being incorrect and can't download anything.

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the emunand setup doesnt seem to actually create a emunand partition on my sd...its says successfull but i dont see the emunand and no space is taken up

It's there, but you can't see it via explorer. If you really wanna check: a) Do you notice that the total size of the SD is 1GB less than before? b) if using windows, run Disk Management and see if your SD card has 1GB unallocated space.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's there, but you can't see it via explorer. If you really wanna check: a) Do you notice that the total size of the SD is 1GB less than before? b) if using windows, run Disk Management and see if your SD card has 1GB unallocated space.
its not 1gb less than befores thats my point.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm so confused tbh. Like I see all these tutorials and guides and I'm not sure where to start or what to do. I spent a whole day trying and experimenting on my O3DS for Cakes (Works but i dont know how to tell if its emunand or sysnand), Pasta doesn't load for some reason. rxTools just hangs with the whole "No theme detected". A friend of mine dumped some of my legit games into .cia format and I don't even know how to get around that. It seems 90% of the tutorials are updated and would be nice for one that works with Menuhax 2.1

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i launch emunand9 at the bottoms it says emunand : gw emunand

and when i go to run it it says already contains a GW emunand but i literally cannot tell at all that the emunand is actually there

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Batch file doesn't work under Windows 7 Pro x64. Throws some errors about parameters being incorrect and can't download anything.
Remember, kids: Always place quotation marks around file paths in your batch files.

Code:
@ECHO OFF
bitsadmin /transfer FIRM /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049 "%~dp0\firm.bin"
pause
bitsadmin /transfer TWL /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000202/0000000B "%~dp0\twl.bin"
pause
bitsadmin /transfer AGB /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000102/00000016 "%~dp0\agb.bin"
pause
copy /b "%~dp0\firm.bin"+"%~dp0\twl.bin"+"%~dp0\agb.bin" "%~dp0\firmware.bin"
del "%~dp0\firm.bin"
del "%~dp0\twl.bin"
del "%~dp0\agb.bin"
pause

Try that one.

Is the firmware9.2.bin the same for both the 3ds and N3ds or do I need to do the window batch?
I'm sure that firmware9.2/9.5.bin is for N3DS, but I wasn't sure which one was the one for N3DS.

I've just had success using an older version of rxTools I pulled from some random Reddit thread: https://mega.nz/#!KQ1HVDLZ!TJhiM4zQlknFSqdkDDf8oGMHaNod6-WbR_ggznC8b3c

I guess give that a go if you're also having black screen issues?

If you had luck with it, then other people might have luck too.
I'll add it to the OP right under the official Nightly builds link.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have a somewhat newbie question.

Why is it that every time I exit FBI (injected into H&S), it throws me back into sysnand?

Using RxTools, sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a somewhat newbie question.

Why is it that every time I exit FBI (injected into H&S), it throws me back into sysnand?

Using RxTools, sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked.
That's a new one.
Are you hitting the Home button to exit or using the power button?
It may vary depending on the exit method used. I've never exited via power button, so I'm not too sure.
In any case, you might want to try installing FBI standalone from H&S FBI.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
That's a new one.
Are you hitting the Home button to exit or using the power button?
It may vary depending on the exit method used. I've never exited via power button, so I'm not too sure.
In any case, you might want to try installing FBI standalone from H&S FBI.

Using the home menu button and then choosing close app.

For some reason this closes it normally, but then the home menu completely resets and takes me to sysNAND (I know this because I set up my sysNAND with a custom theme while my emuNAND has yet to get a theme), I'll try installing FBI standalone and report back.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In other news: I've updated the guide to link to Julian20's sysUpdater build, based on Libkhax (AKA boot rates aren't crap), and with even Safer™ installation measures (Such as installing SAFE_FIRM before anything else so bricks are recoverable through the Recovery Menu.
I've heard reports of this build blackscreening and not letting you downgrade, but we'll see how it goes.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im losing my minds here i cannot for the life of me get emunand9 to actually make a emunand it says successful but there is no space used and rx tools doesnt work

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im losing my minds here i cannot for the life of me get emunand9 to actually make a emunand it says successful but there is no space used and rx tools doesnt work
If the top screen says that there's an emuNAND, then there's already an emuNAND.
The space isn't supposed to be taken up inside the SD card's free space, it's supposed to be taken up in the first ~900MB of the SD card's partitionable space.
If the current rxTools build doesn't work, try the alternate download in the Mega link in the tutorial; I added it just a few hours ago.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the top screen says that there's an emuNAND, then there's already an emuNAND.
The space isn't supposed to be taken up inside the SD card's free space, it's supposed to be taken up in the first ~900MB of the SD card's partitionable space.
If the current rxTools build doesn't work, try the alternate download in the Mega link in the tutorial; I added it just a few hours ago.
my sd card is exactly the same after i format with emunand 9 and if i format fresh with my computer...there is no emunand being made if i check the partition of the sd card its just one partition. The programs says that there is a a emunand but there isisnt.

Really need a video tut

After i make the emunand i cant even boot back into HBL or CTR after i copy the contents of my sd back onto the card.

Last edited by IpsoFact0,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Ok, so exiting the HB Menu also kicks me back to sysNAND, but I got the latest FBI installed as a cia and that works normally, I'll just have to remember to hold L from now on whenever I exit HB Menu, or I guess I should set Menuhax to autoboot, since there's literally no reason not to with both NANDs unlinked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk