Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, that's all there is to it. It repeats "Opening S" and "Failed!" twice before telling me to click A and continue, though.
I have no clue what that could mean.

But another question: Did you put any files for FBI on the SD card?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I go http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&rxTools/sys/code.bin
I get this: Downloading ROP file loadcode.dat: failed
What am I doing wrong ?
That's because that site loads two files, one of which isn't necessary for rxTools.

Use this site instead: https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin

Reactions: Konako

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nobody231

I fixed it all. One last thing, though! When selecting "Inject FBI" and going through everything, I'm presented with...

"Backing up Health & Safety info... Injecting FBI to Health & Safety info..."

"Choose source action: (B) = Keep, (X) = Delete"

Which one do I choose?

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nobody231

I fixed it all. One last thing, though! When selecting "Inject FBI" and going through everything, I'm presented with...

"Backing up Health & Safety info... Injecting FBI to Health & Safety info..."

"Choose source action: (B) = Keep, (X) = Delete"

Which one do I choose?
Either one. Delete frees up space by deleting the installation files, keep just keeps the files. I'd recommend delete if you're low on space, though.

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the same error he's getting when trying to boot up emuNAND. It also gives me the error before entering rxTools' menu.

edit: oops lol

Last edited by Reserved,

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the fuck ever. People keep saying "DURR IT SAFE!!!!", so knock yourselves out.
THIS IS SAID TO HAVE A HIGHER BRICK CHANCE ON N3DS, SO BE FUCKING CAREFUL.

I loled. Wise words, but most of the ZOMG! WAREZ! crowd will ignore them, brick consoles they can't afford to replace or repair, and then complain.

My advice, if you are above 9.2, and want some free games, follow the guide to installing legit cia files on >9.2 3DS systems, there's probably at least a couple you haven't played, and brick risk is super-low.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn :/
But thanks for your help !
When did you downgrade? The bad downgrade doesn't downgrade everything, which could be why you're getting that error, as NATIVE_FIRM is the same as on 10.3. But they released a fixed upgrade, so I want to know what time you downgraded. Give the timezone, too please!

CKlidify

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to get this error when I try to inject fbi through rxtools... Anyone know what to do?

tcwT7oH.jpg

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, I downgraded earlier today (PST) at around 3AM.

I used the files from JustPingo's Twitter or w/e, which people have said worked fine.

Is there any way to fix this?

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to get this error when I try to inject fbi through rxtools... Anyone know what to do?

Image here.

Follow these instructions:
"
1. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

2. Press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose EMUNAND, then select "check TMD version".
If you want to install GBA/DSi games in the future:
Choose sysnand the second time you go over this section (Step 4a)
3. Take note of the console region and the TMD version, and turn off your 3DS.

4. Open the rxtools download and open the "Tools/fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir."

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so black screen upon booting rxtools has been solved for me, rxtools needs to be booted using browsrehax as an entrypoint first, then format system memory from emunand system tools, that unlinks nands, reboot the console and reinstall menuhax but also change the trigger to something other than left trigger as well as setting for type 2 so it will autoboot, that will fix the boot loop that was occuring as rxtools was also loading menuhax as it booted emunand since the nands were still linked...ive done all that and now it works perfectly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc