Status
Not open for further replies.

More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

ub3r1337's first impressions from a direct demo of TX upcoming new hardware mods!
SXMODS.png

ub3r1337 recently meet with TX to have them demo to him their upcoming new mods for the Switch (patched, mariko and lite). Unfortunately, he didn't get any pictures, but he says they'll be coming later on. Even so, he shared some of this new information at MaxConsole, also shown below:
First Off: It is a hardware mod. TX went back to its roots, and this solution is a device you need to install inside your Switch. :)

From what we could tell the install looks ultra simple and almost plug and play. When pushed about the install requirements, TX held back from claiming its fully solder-less, stating clearly that this particular design will always benefit from a few simple solder connections, versus the original intent of fully solder-less (at least for the classic model which is the unit we got to inspect).

In other words, a fully solder-less install is potentially possible with the classic models however it is not recommended by TX due to long term reliability concerns (we will cover this more in-depth at a later date, once we have our preview unit in our hands and put it thru some tests)

Second Point: There is one device for Patched and Mariko unit which is probably under production (see point three) and should be available soon :) They plan to release 2 devices; one for all classic versions (original, patch and mariko) and one for the Switch Lite.

Third Point: I really pushed for a release date, but TX refused to confirm anything during our meeting. From what I understood, even though it seems to be currently under production, because all sorts of things can occur in the factory during production, they will not commit to a date to me or their resellers until they are certain they can deliver on time enough stock to meet the demand.

I guess I can only respect that, this is probably why they did not announce anything yet, and we should know more once it is finally officially announced on their TX website.
At some point ub3r1337 hopes to get some pictures and videos from TX and a review unit, but we have no clue when that will happen. For now we just have to sit and wait for some more news regarding these new TX hardware mods to appear online!

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Because reality is more nuanced than that.

Code is available for ‘free’ under the terms of a licence. ‘Stealing’ might not be the best word to describe that, but everybody who claims to love using open source software so much should care about the credibility of those licences, otherwise devs will stop making the software.

As for piracy, it’s obviously not the cases that 1 download equals one lost sale thus theft. However, the shift towards digital highlights that our old definitions of ‘theft’ and ‘stealing’ may not be valid. Is it still theft if the other person doesn’t lose something? Well, if you were going to buy it anyway then arguably so.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No proof again. What a shame...

Seriously. How hard is it to take a video of Switch Lite running CFW?
because they havent started fucking production yet.

why are people in these forums so negative and in denial.

go look up R&D, or do you live in a world where every products is crapped out of a production line, no research, no testing, no bug fixing.

to all the dopey anti tx haters, TA DA, here is the product you all keep pretending theyre telling porkies to gain nothing from.

the real issue is, tx have a new product and these little cheap skate folks will have to either beg and wait for a free solution to play pirated free games, or man up, pay a little dollar and pirate your free games.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's a hard mod so it's going to cost money to buy the hardware and its not easy to find any exploit sometimes an exploit is found years after the device was in production and its not going to be made from open source so its all raw code so they can choose to charge money for their work

a non-hard mod cfw is a rare event low-level hardware exploit rarely happen and the current one was a flook careless mistake by Nvidia. and also intel with more than 20 years worth of cpus have a low-level exploit that was only found in the past few years

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
because they havent started fucking production yet.

why are people in these forums so negative and in denial.

go look up R&D, or do you live in a world where every products is crapped out of a production line, no research, no testing, no bug fixing.

to all the dopey anti tx haters, TA DA, here is the product you all keep pretending theyre telling porkies to gain nothing from.

the real issue is, tx have a new product and these little cheap skate folks will have to either beg and wait for a free solution to play pirated free games, or man up, pay a little dollar and pirate your free games.
Do you know PoC and WIP?
This is a pretty bad excuse.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do you "steal" something free?? And even more, how do you steal something digital?
Ask TX. They stole a free code because of GPLv3.
And how do you steal something digital? Well, you steal it? It's not really that hard of a concept you know. Illegal copies might sound familiar.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: ghjfdtg

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
no, whats a bad excuse is what you lot are desperate to find and bitch about.

one saying "the best comes to those that wait", when this comes out, i mean wow you lot are going to look fucking stupid sat there calling them lairs and bitching about no proof.

just shut your bitching, eat your fucking corn flakes.
Saying that they gave no proof to this point. How will that make us (especially me in this case) look stupid?
Just because you can't grasp the fact that they weren't able to show any proof to this day is not my problem.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
you really are a moron arent you.

its not even entered production, its likely at the end of its R&D, sorry so do you call sony out for not releasing any proof photos of the PS5.

stop been a fucking wet towel, this is a legit product, you and the other haters seem to be sniffing too much arse crack.
I guess that you first start selling the thing and then prove that it works. Makes sense to me...
Since the last post, everyone wants a piece of proof, yet they don't care. If they had anything why won't they show it working to hype everyone even more?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
you start selling a product thats not even finished.

hows your fucking PS5 gaming you prat!!!
I see. You really can't grasp the fact that in order to show, for example, CFW running on Switch Lite, you don't need a finished product. You can show your WIP model, or you don't have to show it at all. All they need to do is show some sort of proof that it works. Yet here we are.

We don't care what they show, as long as it confirmes what they are saying. And you don't need a finished product for that.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
and you seem to fail to grasp that this is HARDWARE.

they dont need to show you fuck all until theyre ready to do so, once they hit production they can show you the final product that will be on sale.

the grounds that you base your shit on is utter bollocks, you call them out as liar because you dont have proof of the product, well theirs no PS5 proof images is their, so in your world sony are liars.
It can be whatever they want. Proof of hacked (to this date unhackable) switch is yet to be seen. No matter if it's a software or hardware solution. Just look at 34C3 glitching device they used on Switch.
switchglitch.jpg

Of course, they don't have to give us any proof. But then you can't expect us to stop with this any time soon as we want some proof.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
is it so hard to consider the units theyre currently using be test units, likely no where near close to the initial product design?

when you come up with an idea you make a demo unit, you then finish the product before entering its design phase, so you want to see some tatty bullshit test board in order to stop been retarded and accept this is a new product.

then soon enough, product shots will come, packaging, installation footage, proof.

this has always been the fucking case with any product.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ahh so this is the problem, you cant accept that TX are actually able to do something that others havent

be gone you little child, your actually getting fucking boring now.
What? How did you come to that conclusion is a mystery. All we want is proof. Proof that they can run CFW or whatever on the unhackable switch. We don't care if they show their actuall hardware/software way of doing it. And all they need to do for it is one single video. Got it now?

I wonder why Samsung was showing flexible screens since 2010 if they were demos and didn't keep them a secret until Note Edge. Heck, why do they even file a patent or create a concept on something that isn't a final product?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
and like all us sensible adults keep telling you anti tx twats.

your proof will come once production hits, no one is going to show you a tatty test dev board thats buggy.

you promote the final product running smoothly, and no you dont start sales to prove anything either, you ensure your product is as perfect as it can be before announcing or even selling.

problem here is, because no one else has done it, your calling them out as bullshiters because theirs no photo proof.

ignoring the fact that you all came here the other month saying the same shit, now we get a little closer, then will soon be followed with proof.

so sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, eat your mother fucking corn flakes and be a good little boy.
And as I told you before, you can't expect us to stop with this until the time (of proof) comes then.

Also, chill out.

Also also, where did I call bullshit on it? Asking for proof is automatically hate against TX I guess.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not sure what the obsession with cornflakes is about, but the burden of proof does indeed lie with ‘TX’.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ahh so this is the problem, you cant accept that TX are actually able to do something that others havent

be gone you little child, your actually getting fucking boring now.

fanboys or haters can't see logic because of their blind hatred for something u got it

atm the best they could show is a test board and a video of it working but they first need to widout all the bugs

Last edited by pcwizard7,

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno why all this proof proof from people who dont even use/want tx ...why do you want proof ? what does it matter to you ?
Even if they show proof i am sure there will be those who will pass on the next thing to bash tx about..

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Dunno why all this proof proof from people who dont even use/want tx ...why do you want proof ? what does it matter to you ?
Even if they show proof i am sure there will be those who will pass on the next thing to bash tx about..
This can be applied to anything. Even if I don't have an XBONE, I would still want proof if some told me they got CFW running on it. Even if I don't have it. Idk, maybe it's just me.

Skirlez

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
There will be nothing to bash if they show proof. As much as it doesn't seem like it, people always bash TX for something.
If there is nothing to bash about, people won't bash TX, except for the actually dumb people you can add to the ignore list.

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Once these are out then the open source switch devs will be pouring over this as hard as TX pour over atmosphere.

I suspect though that this is a glitch attack, probably the one they had in development when they switched to fusee gelee.

We see, but on old thread someone spotted post from some guy and stated that tx bought exploit from him... idk if it is true

Skirlez

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
We see, but on old thread someone spotted post from some guy and stated that tx bought exploit from him... idk if it is true
Look at his post history. Also, look at the thread. The exploit he mentions changed overtime from RCM to Savegame and then because they bought it its now a modchip.
He's a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying