More info on the 3DS Ambassador program.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,219
  • Replies 26
D

Deleted_171835

OP
QUOTE said:
Features of the Virtual Console NES titles (priority delivery version)
  • An electronic manual explaining game controls will be included.
  • The official version* (which will be delivered at a later date) will include a full electronic manual.
  • Alternating multiplayer modes are supported in some titles, but simultaneous multiplayer modes are not.
  • The official version* (which will be delivered at a later date) will also support versus play.
  • Does not include the “Restore Point” function (which allows you to create and load restore points at any time while gameplay) usually included in the Virtual Console Game Boy and Game Boy Color games.
  • However, it will include the “VC Suspend” function (which allows you to save the game when you suspend play by pressing the HOME Button). The official version* (which will be delivered at a later date) will support the Restore Points function.
  • You will be able to “Transfer to another Nintendo 3DS” with the “System Transfer” function that will be provided in future system updates.
  • Official versions of the games will be launched later for a fee, but Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to upgrade from the priority delivery version to the official version free of charge.
Features of the Virtual Console Game Boy Advance titles

• Manuals will be available.
  • Wireless functions and peripheral devices are not supported.
  • When you press the HOME Button, a simple menu is displayed, and you won’t be able to return directly to the HOME Menu.
  • Neither the “Restore Point” function nor the “VC Suspend” functions are supported.
  • If you’re playing a game that includes a save function, you can select Save, and your data will be saved when you’ve finished playing the Game Boy Advance game.
  • During gameplay, the Nintendo 3DS system will not enter Sleep Mode even if you close it.
  • SpotPass and StreetPass will not function during gameplay.
  • You will be able to “Transfer to another Nintendo 3DS” with the “System Transfer” function that will be provided in future system updates.
  • Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on Nintendo 3DS in the future.
Cautionary note on deleting accounts

If you delete your account on Nintendo eShop, you will lose your rights to the Ambassador Programme. Please exercise caution when managing your account.

icon11.gif
Source

Pretty much everything mentioned here is disappointing. I also don't understand why you can't enter the HOME menu.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Official versions of the games will be launched later for a fee, but Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to upgrade from the priority delivery version to the official version free of charge.

That sounds good.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am I reading this right?
Not only do the GBA titles lack Auto-SRAM saving (you have to manually save the SRAM after saving in-game), but they don't even go into sleep mode when you close the lid?
Or do they mean, to save using the ROM's save function itself?

Yikes, Nintendo you can do better. It's not hard to just...pause the emulation, is it?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i really don't have a desire to get the games early. i would rather that they polish the games for a final release and just let the ambassador program people grab the titles at that point free of charge.

-another world

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Am I reading this right?
Not only do the GBA titles lack Auto-SRAM saving (you have to manually save the SRAM after saving in-game), but they don't even go into sleep mode when you close the lid?
Or do they mean, to save using the ROM's save function itself?

Yikes, Nintendo you can do better. It's not hard to just...pause the emulation, is it?
Yeah if the game supports in-game save...you can save it and then when you close it that's when that game gets saved. I've comprehended it that way.

@FrozenIndignation: why'd you want a state save in GBA? Isn't that kinda like cheating...

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah we're basically beta testing the nes and gba games so you can't expect polished product functions in a beta version.
i expected this when i first heard about the free games early and it doesn't bother me because we will eventually get the finished products for free, and though it may bother others Nintendo could have been dicks about it and done nothing to compensate those who jumped on the 3DS band wagon early.
the fact that they did says a lot about how they handle there customer service and commitment to the consumers who buy their products.

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
heartgold said:
@FrozenIndignation: why'd you want a state save in GBA? Isn't that kinda like cheating...
Optimally I'd like a quick save option... save deleted after use... Or the closest thing to it: save states, just like the other VC content on the 3DS... Even more so if I cannot put the game in sleep mode like with these GBA games...

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LoL. So this was Nintendo's plan to componsate their custommers..
Fuck the free shit. Still waiting for the full list of games and so far not that many interests me :/

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why the hate?

We are getting the full features of the NES later on for free.

So what if the GBA doesn't support restore point and suspend mode. It's nothing big, is it?
I never expected the GBA to support multiplayer. Who knows maybe if they release it to the public next year they'll improve on the GBA features.

Online multiplayer for both NES and GBA was a farfetch.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
wolffangalchemist said:
yeah we're basically beta testing the nes and gba games so you can't expect polished product functions in a beta version.
i expected this when i first heard about the free games early and it doesn't bother me because we will eventually get the finished products for free, and though it may bother others Nintendo could have been dicks about it and done nothing to compensate those who jumped on the 3DS band wagon early.
the fact that they did says a lot about how they handle there customer service and commitment to the consumers who buy their products.
lol
looking at this idea
not only did ninty rip you off, but disguising the ambassador program as beta testing.

tpi.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I see no problem in it.

1. Ambassadors are getting them early, unassumingly with the option to re-download later if there are updates.
2. Why would you even need save-state in a GBA game? The original GBA didn't do that!

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Narayan said:
wolffangalchemist said:
lol
looking at this idea
not only did ninty rip you off, but disguising the ambassador program as beta testing.

tpi.gif
At least you are gonna get the complete versions eventually
closedeyes.gif
and for free (blah blah technicality of price cut blah blah)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs