shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
harvest_moon_twin_villages_logo.jpg

QUOTE said:
Good news for farming fans, another Harvest Moon DS game is in the pipeline. Never mind that North America still hasn’t gotten Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands or Harvest Moon: Welcome to the Wind Bazaar (Bokujou Monogatari: Youkoso Kaze no Bazaar e), that can’t keep us from getting excited about Harvest Moon: Twin Villages (Bokujou Monogatari: Futago no Mura). The biggest news about this entry is that there are two distinct villages in the game, Bluebell and Konohana, each with their own specialty. Depending on where your character lives, he/she will focus on either raising animals in Bluebell or raising crops in Konohana.

Like all Harvest Moon games, Harvest Moon: Twin Villages begins with a young entrepreneur who decides that the farm life is the perfect life. All his/her life, the character has wanted a little farm at the foot of the mountain to call his/her own. The thing is, there are two villages there: Bluebell and Konohana. And both mayors want this new farmer to join their village. So, you get to choose based on what aspect of the game you like better.

Famitsu has some preliminary screenshots which look very nice. It seems that, like Harvest Moon: Welcome to the Wind Bazaar, Harvest Moon: Twin Villages is using the pastel and more intricate backgrounds found in the Rune Factory DS games. The Bluebell screenshots show a European/Western style village with llamas, horses, cows and two dogs that look like some kind of terrier and a St. Bernard. The Konohana screenshots show off a more traditional Japanese village, and crops that appear to be strawberries, turnips, tomatos and perhaps lettuce. (This may just be me, but one crop looks like cauliflower to me.) Famitsu also confirms that there will be rice paddies to maintain and players can keep bees for the first time in the series.

So far, an indefinite “winter” release date has been assigned. However, if you check the official Bokujou Monogatari: Futago no Mura website and look at the fine print, you’ll see “© 2010 Marvelous Entertainment Inc,” so I’m guessing we won’t be seeing this game in 2009.

No North American release has been announced, but it’s pretty likely. Natsume’s never failed Harvest Moon fans before. So chances are, we’ll be playing Harvest Moon: Twin Villages sometime in 2011.
source
hell yeah!
nds.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I'm a great HM fan, but isn't this a bit too much?

Maybe they should focus on doing a single QUALITY HM game like FoMT, instead of all those "experimental" titles.

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
I looove harvest moon games... but another one!?
as everyone above me said, why not just focus all the time into one good game not 5 ordinary ones. (although i'm still enjoying sunshine islands)

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It does seem to be a bit much with all the releases. I wouldn't be surprised if it took 2 years for us to get this, the way some games take. So by then it wouldn't be so bad.
wink.gif

I'm more looking forward to Rune Factory 3 at the moment anyway.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
again i think many just have this idea stuck that now HM is boring but i differ greatly
its good to add new content and variations
eg.) HM FOMT (which most love and my favorite) - Added a mine,cooking and sprites
HM IoH - New graphics, many more features eg.) animals,crops system (albeit difficult), cooking system, newer crops like rice and fruits etc
HM SI - If u thought the above was hard, this will improve yer game

These are the only ones i know about and i have hardly any complaints... the problem is tht ppl are tired of farming so not releasing HM at all will do better for many players

EDIT: Just saw screenshots... looks more well designed eg trees and crops
I couldnt make the difference btn the games but definitely seems to have taken some pics from RF eg. footpaths to home

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Ok, I'm a great HM fan, but isn't this a bit too much?

Maybe they should focus on doing a single QUALITY HM game like FoMT, instead of all those "experimental" titles.
+9000

Its what they used to do long ago, which was why they were great games to begin with. I'm happy with Rune Factory being there as well other HM games going to other formats but if they only did one DS game once in a while and took their time then the series can be saved from more hum drum titles.

Perhaps give the main series a rest for a couple of years and then go back to "Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon", which was an interesting concept that was only let down by a few design flaws, maybe they could try again with another title only this time actually give ArtePiazza more time to develop it.

Waytofind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just hope that they step up their game with the graphics. The last harvest moon games on the DS looked extremely "low budget".

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As long as it's Natsume, it's almost guaranteed to come stateside (I say almost, because the original BTN for Girls and Poem of Happiness never made it here), but we usually have to wait about a year and a half for it after the Japanese release.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Good news for farming fans, another Harvest Moon DS game is in the pipeline. Never mind that North America still hasn’t gotten Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands or Harvest Moon: Welcome to the Wind Bazaar (Bokujou Monogatari: Youkoso Kaze no Bazaar e)

4420: Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands (USA)
Nov 14 2009, 12:16 AM

am i missing something?

EDIT
guess so haha.. source Oct 9, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.