Hacking More G6 Real and M3 Real Details!

paolo90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Here is a complete list if features for the G6 Real 8/16 Gbit.
The release has been pushed back to this month because of the increase in price of the Nand Flash memory. At the moment they still can't reveal a price because of this.
  * Boots clean dump images. (No patching required).
  * Same size as an ordinary DS flash cart.
  * Very simple to use: just drag and drop files to the G6 Cart.
  * Exclusive super "Cheat Code" function.
  * Software reset function.
  * No drivers or other software required.
  * Works as Udisk with USB 2.0 ultra fast burning speed. Standard FAT system support.
  * Built-in 8G bit(1GB) or 16G bit(2GB) Nand Flash memory . No need to use the SD cards.
  * Perfect performance. (Runs games without any lag or slow downs. You don't need to worry about the compatibility & speed of SD card.)
  * Auto detects the save types and automatically generates save files.
  * Upgradeable Firmware (OS/Bios/Kernel).
  * Includes an operating system with touch screen support.
  * Perfect compatibbility of Download & Play compatibilty. (Single card multiplayer works).
  * Compatible with DS Rumble Pak, RAM Pack, DS browser.
  * Compatible with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
  * NDS-GBA Linkage works fine.
  * Built in PassMe (No need for any boot cart/passcard etc).
  * Homebrew support.
  * Robust & skinnable GUI.
  * Ability to boot slot 2 flash carts for GBA/NDS support, with the G6 cart acting as a passme in slot 1.
  * Built in Multi-media player.(MP3, OGG music & DPG/DSM/GBMovies). Boots mp3's and video files with the media player or Moonshell.
  * Super E-book function, supports Word/ Txt file directly.
  * Super picture viewer function, supports BMP, JPG, GIF and PNG directly.
  * Built in PDA (Worldwide Time, Memo,bNote, Phone book, Calculator ..).
  * Supports DS sleep mode.
  * Brightness adjustment within GUI possible.

Dunno if you guys have seen this, I searched for it, and as far as I can tell, it hasn't been posted here
smile.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's already been posted here before somewhere.

It looks impressive but there really doesn't seem to be that much more of an improvement over the R4DS/M3 S. Though it's nice to see it has perfect download play support. Hopefully the GUI will be really nice and customisable.
smile.gif

I wonder if all that multimedia support will be done via Moonshell? Would be nice to see some new custom software built straight into the main M3/G6 Real OS.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They were supposedly releasing a media service specifically for M3/G6 products (not including the M3SDS)

This was posted in the G6DS post in the G6 forum

paolo90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

It looks impressive but there really doesn't seem to be that much more of an improvement over the R4DS/M3 S. Though it's nice to see it has perfect download play support. Hopefully the GUI will be really nice and customisable.
smile.gif

I wonder if all that multimedia support will be done via Moonshell? Would be nice to see some new custom software built straight into the main M3/G6 Real OS.
It has
frown.gif
oh well...

About the multimedia capabilities, I'm guessing it's modified moonshell again like their previous attempts
wink.gif

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like above I don’t see much of a difference from the R4. But I guarantee you M3 will charge twice the price for the same product as everyone else.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
1)

2)
It looks impressive but there really doesn't seem to be that much more of an improvement over the R4DS/M3 S.
Though it's nice to see it has perfect download play support.

3)
Hopefully the GUI will be really nice and customisable.
smile.gif

4)
1)
True

2)
What else should a flashcart improve in then? We already have like perfect DS compatibility, GBA compatibility is sort of not possible with DS carts. So all that's left to improve is basically Download Play and GUI:
- Includes an operating system with touch screen support.
- Perfect compatibbility of Download & Play compatibilty. (Single card multiplayer works).

3)
Well, they say it is:
- Robust & skinnable GUI.

4)
- Built in Multi-media player.(MP3, OGG music & DPG/DSM/GBMovies). Boots mp3's and video files with the media player or Moonshell.
So I guess they have both a built in media player as well as the ability to use Moonshell instead of course.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just asked Danny, the M3Real and G6DS Real will definitely be of similar hardware and features - just like the slot 2 M3 and G6 Lite

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
I just asked Danny, the M3Real and G6DS Real will definitely be of similar hardware and features - just like the slot 2 M3 and G6 Lite
Gone are the simple drag & drop? Hmm...

GBA support with later-released memory expansion... But later is now... the M3/G6 Team really knows how to make their products suspenseful.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Gone are the simple drag & drop? Hmm...

GBA support with later-released memory expansion... But later is now... the M3/G6 Team really knows how to make their products suspenseful.

Well that might be an exception because it uses microSD, but there will most definitely be an optional software package for organizing the device

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A major improvement to me would be a slot-1 solution running at full compatibility the GBA game database of today. If it can't do that as of yet, then to me, it isn't worth the upgrade over the current slot-1 solutions that exist today (M3 Simply, R4 DS, etc.).

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A major improvement to me would be a slot-1 solution running at full compatibility the GBA game database of today. If it can't do that as of yet, then to me, it isn't worth the upgrade over the current slot-1 solutions that exist today (M3 Simply, R4 DS, etc.).

With such a small amount of space in the slot, I don't think its possible in the near future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: