More G6 Real and M3 Real Details!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by paolo90, Apr 5, 2007.

1. paolo90
    OP

paolo90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2006
    Dunno if you guys have seen this, I searched for it, and as far as I can tell, it hasn't been posted here [​IMG]

2. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    It's already been posted here before somewhere.

It looks impressive but there really doesn't seem to be that much more of an improvement over the R4DS/M3 S. Though it's nice to see it has perfect download play support. Hopefully the GUI will be really nice and customisable. [​IMG]

I wonder if all that multimedia support will be done via Moonshell? Would be nice to see some new custom software built straight into the main M3/G6 Real OS.

3. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    Hmm, quite a bit of this is new to me, and it sounds incredibly awesome!

4. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    They were supposedly releasing a media service specifically for M3/G6 products (not including the M3SDS)

This was posted in the G6DS post in the G6 forum

5. paolo90
    OP

paolo90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2006
    It has [​IMG] oh well...

About the multimedia capabilities, I'm guessing it's modified moonshell again like their previous attempts [​IMG]

6. GBA_Temper

GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

Nov 15, 2006
    United States
    Atlanta,Ga. United States
    Well I think I seen a list that is a little bit shorter than this but this is great look at my signature>>>

7. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 20, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto
    Yeah I don't see any improment over the R4/m3 simply, except download play.

8. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    auto-detect save type? sounds neat
    ez5 can really use such a feature though

9. cheeo

cheeo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    Like above I don’t see much of a difference from the R4. But I guarantee you M3 will charge twice the price for the same product as everyone else.

10. Monkey01

Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    1)
    True

2)
    What else should a flashcart improve in then? We already have like perfect DS compatibility, GBA compatibility is sort of not possible with DS carts. So all that's left to improve is basically Download Play and GUI:
    - Includes an operating system with touch screen support.
    - Perfect compatibbility of Download & Play compatibilty. (Single card multiplayer works).

3)
    Well, they say it is:
    - Robust & skinnable GUI.

4)
    - Built in Multi-media player.(MP3, OGG music & DPG/DSM/GBMovies). Boots mp3's and video files with the media player or Moonshell.
    So I guess they have both a built in media player as well as the ability to use Moonshell instead of course.

11. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    I just asked Danny, the M3Real and G6DS Real will definitely be of similar hardware and features - just like the slot 2 M3 and G6 Lite

12. Golin

Golin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2007
    United States
    United States
    Gone are the simple drag & drop? Hmm...

GBA support with later-released memory expansion... But later is now... the M3/G6 Team really knows how to make their products suspenseful.

13. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    Well that might be an exception because it uses microSD, but there will most definitely be an optional software package for organizing the device

14. NemesisHunter

NemesisHunter GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2007
    Canada
    A major improvement to me would be a slot-1 solution running at full compatibility the GBA game database of today. If it can't do that as of yet, then to me, it isn't worth the upgrade over the current slot-1 solutions that exist today (M3 Simply, R4 DS, etc.).

15. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    With such a small amount of space in the slot, I don't think its possible in the near future.