Homebrew Moonshell 2.03 & YSMenu on Acekard 2i using AKAIO

Let me (& others) know how good this guide was (please post where you found it confusing)

• Yes - it was perfect. Fully understood it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - some of it was useful

• No - It was confusing (please post what you found confusing)

• Total voters

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Da-Bomb1 said:
Pendor said:
The external loader feature has been in AKAIO since 1.2.
Haha, I meant the DSi dectecting features.

Oh, nvm then.
tongue.gif

About the DSi detection, I think is listed on the latest beta changelog. I don't own a DSi so I really don't know if its working. But if it wasn't, someone would've reported that by now.

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been seeing to check on how to simply load MS2 on an AK2i; pretty much just patch it with AKAIO should get it running, right? (The AK2i is using AKAIO.)

Its not even for me, its for my friend, since I gave him a MS2 variant DPG video. I don't need to switch his whole cart OS, just have MS2 running, but by the way it looks, I have to simply pre-patch the DirectBoot with AKAIO DLDI correct? Or is there anything else I should do?

*Note: There is no need for the Yasu extra for ROM loading nor nothing, especially since YasuMenu is such a hassle on its own right. Just the media functions is what I am working to.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Virgil said:
I've been seeing to check on how to simply load MS2 on an AK2i; pretty much just patch it with AKAIO should get it running, right? (The AK2i is using AKAIO.)

Its not even for me, its for my friend, since I gave him a MS2 variant DPG video. I don't need to switch his whole cart OS, just have MS2 running, but by the way it looks, I have to simply pre-patch the DirectBoot with AKAIO DLDI correct? Or is there anything else I should do?

*Note: There is no need for the Yasu extra for ROM loading nor nothing, especially since YasuMenu is such a hassle on its own right. Just the media functions is what I am working to.
Yep that's all that needed to be done. Just follow my guide for 'To Setup Moonshell 2' in the first post

- In step 4) you can try & use the 'ak2_sd.dldi' file that comes with AKAIO instead of AK2i - but if you have trouble with Moonshell starting etc then I suggest you re-patch using the 'ak2_sd.dldi' file from the Ak2i v4.17 firmware as mentioned in my guide.

- Also ignore step 9) of my 'To Setup Moonshell 2' guide as that's for setting up 'commercial ROM running'

Any problem - just post back & I see if I can help

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, needed clarification. This was for a friends Acekard, and it seems he had the AKAIO loaders and everything, but failed to copy the AKAIO menu loader and had kept it with the Acekard loader, which is why it never worked (Which then means I have to fix a few more Acekards of the same issue for this to run...). Thank you very much for your guide, it was very helpful.

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to do this but I'm wondering if it will have an issue with the new update that allows AK2i to work on 1.4U.
Does it touch the Danny Phantom banner, is it undo-able, and lastly will I run into any issues if I update AKAIO later on?

Edit: Just got your reply on youtube. I understand not wanting to update, thanks anyway. Has anyone here tried this combo though?

Elixiate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello hello, first post after lurking about. ^^

I've been looking into guides like this since I'm looking to buy a flash cart myself and this is the best build I've found after I finally decided I wanted to get an Acekard. The thing is though, I have a DSlite and don't plan on buying a DSi anytime soon so I don't think that there's much need to buy the AK2i since I'll be fine with the basic AK2. I really want to be able to play NDS and GBA games through ysmenu and was wondering if there was any way to make this work for a AK2.

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Elixiate said:
Hello hello, first post after lurking about. ^^

I've been looking into guides like this since I'm looking to buy a flash cart myself and this is the best build I've found after I finally decided I wanted to get an Acekard. The thing is though, I have a DSlite and don't plan on buying a DSi anytime soon so I don't think that there's much need to buy the AK2i since I'll be fine with the basic AK2. I really want to be able to play NDS and GBA games through ysmenu and was wondering if there was any way to make this work for a AK2.
See here -> http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152660
Note: It won't work with the AK RPG or AK+. The normal AK2.1 looks fine though.

powerplyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide did work for me with 1.4 upgrade on DSi with AKAIO 1.5 and moonshel2 2.05. I did not use the AKAIO ak2_sd.dldi but the one from the original AK2i files. I have two quesitons how do I go back to the AKAIO menu, it keeps auto booting to the moonshel2 menu? Also how do I get cheats to work, eveytime I press y it only increases the volume?

Thanks.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
really cool news
i have a acekard 2i whit Akaio 1.5
and i have don all those things
and i can confirm that it while work
i only use moonshell 2.05 stable
and yes work but and yes menu also work
but one thing Kingdom hearts while crash!!!

branden2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with mine. whenever i start the moonshell up, it freezes and says, "extention memory not found." i followed all the steps correctly, but it didnt work. please help
frown.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
branden2008 said:
I have a problem with mine. whenever i start the moonshell up, it freezes and says, "extention memory not found." i followed all the steps correctly, but it didnt work. please help
frown.gif
i'm sorry I don't have an AK2 anymore - but I vaguely remember having something similar - Did you remember to delete the 'logbuf.txt' file ??

The only other thing I can think of doing is backup your memory card, reformat it with Panasonic Reformater, Copy over all files from your backup EXCEPT moonshells & re-install Moonshell - It's possible that you may have a corrupt file or something.

As I type this I THINK one of the moonshell file was called 'diskcheck.nds' (or something like that) - if after doing above don't work - try deleting this file & see if that makes a difference.
The only other thing is try a search on these forums & see if someone else has the same problem (but maybe on a different card) & they may of had a reply.
I've had a quick search & found that Moonshell doesn't like the 3-in-1 extension card when used with certain flashcards - Have you got one of these ?? - what are you using the Ak2 on (DSLite/Phat/DSi) ??

Sorry I can't be much help

solarpolitiks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grr. I used the old guide before with no problems using the AK2i official firmware but now with AKAIO I can't get roms to boot.
I am using a DSi on the latest updates with all of the firmware files used here. I did every step but the screen never flips when loading, just stays at 2 white screens

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
solarpolitiks said:
Grr. I used the old guide before with no problems using the AK2i official firmware but now with AKAIO I can't get roms to boot.
I am using a DSi on the latest updates with all of the firmware files used here. I did every step but the screen never flips when loading, just stays at 2 white screens
Are you using Mooshell 2.07 or 2.08 by any chance ?? - if so Moonlight (the developer) has programmed a 'block' into it to prevent YSMenu (& also AKAIO Loader) from loading in Commercial ROMS - if you want to run Commercial ROMS you need to use MS 2.06

(there seems to be a workaround done by Xenon++ using something called NDSLInk - which I havn't tried yet - that MAY allow ROMS to run in MS 2.07/2.08)

Dragon_meets_Aby

Trophies
XP
Country
it didn't work
cry.gif

what I found confusing was when I had to patch files. I didn't now what to do when it said patch successful
frown.gif

I got confused when I had to put versions of firmware (it didn't have a complete name.) so I don't know were I messed up
wacko.gif

when I went to try the moonshell2 the screen went blank!!
wtf.gif
Need helpz!!
The combination I used was [ _AIO firmware+ Moonshell2+ ysmenu+ 4gb kingmax SDHC].

Drek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the bump, but I own a DS Lite and an Acekard2i, does the same risk of bricking occur with a DS Lite?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, there isn't as much of a point in using ysmenu with akaio loaders for moonshell2 floating around. Moonshell2 itself will NOT brick anything no matter what. Supposedly ysmenu does things to acekard, but once again, there are akaio loaders for moonshell2 so there doesn't need to be ysmenu.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
is there any difference in dldi patching? i meant that U have to patch for example ysmenu.nds before or after run akextract.exe that produces akloader.nds.
CannonFodd you wrote 1 way but is akloader.nds independent of ysmenu patched or not.

I'm testing firmware mix to run more games on ak2.1 defective waiting for official fix.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ceteksretek said:
is there any difference in dldi patching? i meant that U have to patch for example ysmenu.nds before or after run akextract.exe that produces akloader.nds.
CannonFodd you wrote 1 way but is akloader.nds independent of ysmenu patched or not.

I'm testing firmware mix to run more games on ak2.1 defective waiting for official fix.
To be honest - I don't really know. You are right that the akloader is 'independant' of YSMenu and shouldn't be affected by patching YSMenu
But you DO need to patch YSMenu to run on the acekard

Incidentally - you did read my warning about YSMenu COULD damage your card ??

FYI - There is in fact a 'new' way of getting Moonshell to start up straight away on an acekard & run Akaio instead of YSMenu, & IMHO it's a lot simpler..
Not sure if it'll work OK for you since you have one of the 'defective' 2.1's (I haven't got one to test it with), but it's (being called) 'MAIO' & can be found here

If you do try it out, regardless of whether it works or not - can you post in that thread your results
Something like 'MAIO ver. x.xx [does/does not] work on defective 2.1 acekards' or something similar - so that I can add it it to the first post for other people to know - thanks
(Just remember to backup your microSD card before attempting it - just to be safe)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps