Gaming Monster Rancher DS Hype Thread

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't wait to get this game...it's probably the only game I've been really -really- looking forward to for the entire year.
happy.gif

Sabata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think this'll be one of the Few Games I go out and actually buy.

Speaking of which, I think I'll run to Gamestop right now and see if it's in.

I'll report in about an hour or so.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
fudgenuts64 said:
Why is everyone so hyped for this game?

Good question. It seems that this game is somewhat well known. I hope the game is really good since it will be my first contact with a MR game.

Nojoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Monster Rancher series, especially the first two editions, are very beloved by those who were fortunate to play them at the time. At first glance you may dismiss them as Pokemon-clones, but that would indeed be a great disservice.
Combining a stat raising system very similar to the one used in the Princess Maker series of games, and a arena battle system, the game offers a great deal of complexity and replay. A wide variety of monsters to raise, unlockable content, and the original shrine's CD generation made for a great game that was overlooked by most of the playstation crowd at that time. For many of us who found the Pokemon games monster raising to be too simple, these games had the depth and detail we loved.
The DS version is very like these two versions in style and game play. I've been waiting for a US release of the game since the DS was announced, and it was a contributing factor to me buying one in the first place.

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope it will get dumped soon
biggrin.gif
I'm patient, but still
smile.gif

This was one of the games I was really looking forward to this year

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've had a surprising number of people calling and looking for it, but we still haven't gotten it in today. the EB in my area got lots of shipping today, but it was mostly stupid copies of Madden. I plan to buy it, but I want to play it badly, so I hope it gets dumped today.

Sabata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sabata said:
I think this'll be one of the Few Games I go out and actually buy.

Speaking of which, I think I'll run to Gamestop right now and see if it's in.

I'll report in about an hour or so.

So, I went to the Gamestop and the guy there said it'd be there either tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm hoping for Tomorrow.
happy.gif

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly this kind of excitement may turn out bad if you know what I mean. Somebody might slip up and say a link and etc. and I know we don't want that to happen so instead of saying you can't wait or if your excited I recommend doing something else and occupying yourself with something to do or keep it to yourself. I recommend trying out Dragon Quest IX out. That game is awesome. Currently I am playing Knights in Nightmare that is also good. Also have Phantasy Star 0 and Ragnarok. You just got to know how to occupy yourself for a release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work